Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At least that’s what my dealer thinks. I was in getting service and every time I go in I hound my sales guy about the Mav. He’s been upbeat until this visit at which he basically said Ford decided the Mav would cut into Ranger to a point where it didn’t make sense. Apparently he thinks they killed it before it started losing them $$.

he suspects a more bare bones Ranger and possibly a single cab to be added instead
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He did say they would be used in other markets besides North America. Hoping he’s talking out his azz because I really wanted one.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you talking just Canada or Canada/United States?

Minimalist

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ford Ranger FX4, '17 Ford Transit Connect
Anything could happen in this crazy environment where F-150 and Bronco production and deliveries are stalled.

The Ford Motor Company virtual Annual Meeting is later this week (5/13, 8:30am EDT) where insight and explanation of the current thinking, problems, and opportunities, will be reviewed.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe Canada? That’s where I am but we generally get the full line-up here. Just some trims we don’t get.

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Id be perfectly fine with the death of the Maverick platform IF they made a bargain basement stripped out Ranger model to match the rumored prices of the Maverick.

If they can give me a super basic Ranger for ~$20-22k Id be 100% on board.

Also the guy has literally no idea what he's talking about. Salesmen have no better idea than the internet does just because any info gets leaks immediately for everything now.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I may have to go fly down to South America and drive one up to US, lol

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Either way my 2019 Tacoma is getting the boot.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford still needs a low end product to entice new customers to the Ford line. If people looking for their first new car can only find inexpensive imports, then they’ll probably drive imports for the rest of their life. Some say brand loyalty is dead, but that’s not what I hear when I talk to a Toyota or Honda owner. Then there must be other people like me that want a small truck. I need the back seat for grandkids and the occasional adult passengers. I like smaller vehicles and the Ranger and others like it are too big and too spendy.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If true it’s likely a result of delays due to Covid which gave them ample time to second guess and overthink the production.

in a way it does make more sense to simply retool for a single cab and a bare bones Ranger

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
In Canada good luck finding a ranger for less than 40k cad (33k usd), the cheapest way to a new pick up are the Colorado twins, and f150's are worse, for anyone that wants anything cheaper there's no way into a new Ford truck, let alone any pick up truck except the Santa Cruz soon

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
They might as well do a reservation program with the maverick as well, then they'd alteast know if the demand is there

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Anything could happen in this crazy environment where F-150 and Bronco production and deliveries are stalled.

The Ford Motor Company virtual Annual Meeting is later this week (5/13, 8:30am EDT) where insight and explanation of the current thinking, problems, and opportunities, will be reviewed.
I wonder if I can ask about the Maverick at the meeting?

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Ford would not invest in a production line, only to kill it months later without any revenue to show for it. That would be a scandal that would result in the entire upper management being fired.

The Ranger is already a world platform. I can't see Ford setting up a production line in Mexico, only to ship to every region of the planet expect the US.

The Maverick is being tested in the US... I've never seen a car company go through the expense of testing a car in the US...only not to sell it in the US.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol, I just got off the phone with a dealer in the midwest with a 2020 XL ranger with only 6k miles. They included the new invoice window sticker that as new, is $1100 cheaper than their Internet listed selling price for the used one. The market is going insane right now.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
Status
Not open for further replies.