First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least that’s what my dealer thinks. I was in getting service and every time I go in I hound my sales guy about the Mav. He’s been upbeat until this visit at which he basically said Ford decided the Mav would cut into Ranger to a point where it didn’t make sense. Apparently he thinks they killed it before it started losing them $$.

he suspects a more bare bones Ranger and possibly a single cab to be added instead
I think he’s getting tired of your asking, and he wants to sell you something NOW!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dont think that's it. I'm a good customer and buy trucks for my business through him.

Hope it's not true. Ws really looking forward to having a short, narrow truck for city work

Reactions: Doc

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I still say the Maverick project isn't dead, Ford just needs to get the Bronco's up and running, They have lot of reservations pending and need to get that sorted out first, So the Maverick is not dead just on a delay right now.

Minimalist

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ford Ranger FX4, '17 Ford Transit Connect
The market is going insane right now.
TerryE is actually a calm and rational observer of conditions now, some of which will be factors that affect the Maverick (I think it is on track to appear in the US), Ranger (will receive an upward revenue boost with models like the Ranger Raptor), and then the whole world of F-150/250/350, F-450/550/650/750,...

Dealers are scrambling. Ford is scrambling. The dealers I've talked to are trying to buy used vehicles because their new inventory is dramatically depleted. A Florida Space Coast dealer normally has 50 F-150 on their lots, but right now they have just 3 units. Nobody wants to trade vehicles either, so a new pattern has buyers from several states away negotiating phone deals with the dealer that actually has the trim or features they want, then driving or flying in to pick it up.

I was told my Ranger is "appreciating."

Related: A good contact at a major US tire manufacturer says "tires are next." Serious shortages coming.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If true it’s likely a result of delays due to Covid which gave them ample time to second guess and overthink the production.

in a way it does make more sense to simply retool for a single cab and a bare bones Ranger

I think it's time we stop making excuses for Ford's compounding screw-ups. Other car companies are still developing and releasing new vehicles, and making adjustments to their line-up. So, COVID and chip shortages cannot be blamed for Ford's mismanagement of finite resources. Ford seems to be reading their biggest fans' reviews instead of paying attention to the larger population.

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Chip shortages are just the beginning, gas, rubber...more...we might be headed for some serious belt tightening time, I hope Ford doesn't plan on just surviving onoverpriced f150 profits, they're gonna need some entry level products

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's time we stop making excuses for Ford's compounding screw-ups. Other car companies are still developing and releasing new vehicles, and making adjustments to their line-up. So, COVID and chip shortages cannot be blamed for Ford's mismanagement of finite resources. Ford seems to be reading their biggest fans' reviews instead of paying attention to the larger population.
who is the "we" you are referring to? You got a mouse in your pocket? There's no compounding screw ups- seems like you are just trying to be the biggest troll on here. Your only car listed is a Honda Insight and you already said you're not a buyer for this truck- just something with more MPGs (ironic since you own an EV already), so why not move along instead of spouting more BS here and proving you don't have a clue what you are talking about?

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I posted above. That’s definitely not why he would tell me this. I buy my work trucks from him. It’s not a one off sale. Bye out the door.

I will try clarify from where he got this tidbit at next visit.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Dealers are generally clueless. He doesn’t know any more than we do. Sounds like they just wanna sell you what’s on the lot today.
Just wants to sell you something else...
Regards

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. I buy at least 1 x F350 from him every year and have for past seven years. He’s not going to destroy a good relationship by selling me a Ranger now instead of a Mav later. Especially since he knows that if the Mavs work out I will be buying more.

lbeltran

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I trust Ford does not want to overshadow the launch of the F150 Lightning and we will see news later. I am hopeful that its release will reach Argentina as well. A few days ago I saw a piece of information on twitter that gave me hope that the project is still alive.

Last edited:

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. I buy at least 1 x F350 from him every year and have for past seven years. He’s not going to destroy a good relationship by selling me a Ranger now instead of a Mav later. Especially since he knows that if the Mavs work out I will be buying more.
Ask him if he's willing to bet the next F350 on it.... 😏

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least that’s what my dealer thinks. I was in getting service and every time I go in I hound my sales guy about the Mav. He’s been upbeat until this visit at which he basically said Ford decided the Mav would cut into Ranger to a point where it didn’t make sense. Apparently he thinks they killed it before it started losing them $$.

he suspects a more bare bones Ranger and possibly a single cab to be added instead
Well if nothing else, we confirmed today what most of us already knew... dealerships know even less than regular consumers.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where can I find some crow?
Sponsored