Sponsored

Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well this certainly indicates that the hybrid order banks will close shortly after they open. Tremor packages will go quickly. If there's a battery shortage now, there will be a shortage when MY23 production starts. Maverick is just one program within Ford and a smaller one at that, so they're having to compete with other programs for component manufacturing. Expect to see Ford continue to prioritize higher profit model lines. Hopefully they take into account the MY22 hybrid reorders and close hybrid order banks early enough to avoid this years shortage.
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If iFord is not making ecoboosts with lux or copilot, that’s me. I dropped a bunch of stuff in February and kept those 2 items because I don’t want the truck without them. I’m pretty sure I will buy something else rather than take the chance of another year of waiting for the Unicorn Maverick. Allowing Ford to build dealer stock and allowing those dealers to add a huge “Market Adjustment “ is just horrible customer service. Ford has complained about their dealers doing this, and then is giving them more vehicles to price gouge.

OP
OP

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well this certainly indicates that the hybrid order banks will close shortly after they open. Tremor packages will go quickly. If there's a battery shortage now, there will be a shortage when MY23 production starts. Maverick is just one program within Ford and a smaller one at that, so they're having to compete with other programs for component manufacturing. Expect to see Ford continue to prioritize higher profit model lines. Hopefully they take into account the MY22 hybrid reorders and close hybrid order banks early enough to avoid this years shortage.
Or maybe not open the banks except for rollovers until every single 22MY has a build date.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adults literally throwing temper tantrums over not being able to buy a vehicle… is not a good look.

Buy something else. I get the whole “Maverick has no real competition” thing but if the Maverick is unobtainable, it seems like the right course of action is to buy what is obtainable and not act like spoiled children on the internet.

Just a thought. Ford fucked up the Maverick thing, for sure. But in the end it is just a car/truck inconsequential to the health/well being of any of you.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim said they were probably building out the Ecoboost to get them out of way so hybrids could be built faster when constraints probably batteries would be available.
Shhhhhh.............................You can't go on a rant if you listen to the whole story.

Ford Maverick Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger. torches-and-pitchforks

Sponsored

callen4794

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.
Fine with me. I've been waiting so long at this point that I'd prefer the '23 MY. I am a little butthurt that my $3000 deposit has been sitting there all this time though.

**Dear Ford, I'm willing to forgive you if you upgrade my 23 MY to Tremor. I'd switch from Hybrid to Ecoboost to make it happen. Thanks, let me know :).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fine with me. I've been waiting so long at this point that I'd prefer the '23 MY. I am a little butthurt that my $3000 deposit has been sitting there all this time though lol.
Ya they've gotten a year plus of getting interest off your money too.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

callen4794

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

sbradford26

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I would guess that they are waiting for more Hybrid batteries or maybe even the E-CVTs to be produced and their quote was in time for MY2023 builds.

I could see them having some remaining parts, but if you have plenty of Ecoboost orders to fulfill until the MY switch, why not just churn those out?

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watched Tim's video. Looks like I am not getting my truckawd Lariat Lux. But one constaint irks me, the mudflaps. How in the world can something so simple be a constraint? Going to drop them when I have to reorder. And they suck anyway.

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.
Ford screwed the Hybrid customers, no other way to say it. Who starts to bake a cake and doesn't check to see if they have all the ingredients? They should have stopped taking more orders (and deposits) for something they're not sure that they can produce in a timely manner. I don't think that I can put off any longer, after waiting 10 months t
No one in this thread is saying that Ford is doing a great job. But the supply chain is what it is. Its affecting all OEM's across the board
There are no more 2022 Maverick hybrids to be scheduled. Ford screwed the Hybrid customers, no other way to say it. Who starts to bake a cake and doesn't check to see if they have all the ingredients? They should have stopped taking orders (and deposits) for something they're not sure that they can produce in a timely manner. Yeah they did stop taking orders in November, when they were up to 200,000 orders. And the reason if went up so high, so fast was because of the low cost. They were no where near 100% accurate with this Maverick, not even close. The pandemic was well underway when they started taking orders and shortages were in all phases of our lives. I don't think that I can put off any longer, after waiting 10 months, to buy another vehicle as my current vehicle is about dead. This fiasco is heading toward the legal arena.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.