Sponsored

Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Close the order banks earlier if you can't deliver. Stop the shilling, Jesus you people are pathetic.
so ur mad cause you ordered late. Ya blame them more and keep talking trash to others. Thats going to get you one! Stop being a cry baby and deal with it
Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never said they were out to get me but cutting off /ALL/ hybrid orders for the rest of the year is a /real/ bad look for a company bragging on how they are going to push hard into the ev market. Also their scheduling has been jacked from the start with some July orders still waiting while some November orders with as many or more restrictions were built.
Or maybe it is just as simple as they don't have the parts to build the hybrids. Do you really think that the Ford executives woke up yesterday morning got together and said, "let's shaft the owners of the hybrid orders"?

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. I didn't even know Mavericks existed until last November, and ordered my Ecoboost in January. Sure, I was late to the game, but how many Americans still don't even know the Maverick exists? It's not like Ford was running TV commercials for the thing.

Again, people can make fun of us for being frustrated, but did Ford tell us when we ordered, "Look, it's probably going to be a 12-18 month for this vehicle. Is that OK with you? Please plan accordingly."

HELL NO they didn't. If they had, that would be one thing. But clearly, Ford KNEW there were going to be hopelessly behind on fulfilling these orders and gladly took them anyway. The Ford CEO likes to brag about having 300,000 orders on the books in public interviews. How about just build the vehicles and get them to your customers?
As you should have know you'd be at the end of the MY for delivery as Ford announced they where shutting down hybrid orders in very late October and did shut down eco boost orders in January.

That said know my brain did not process that as well. Ordered a tonneau cover in late December and ceramic coating in late January. We are human and guess it's natural to vent, but don't go overboard as constraints and delivery times have been creeping higher now about 1 year.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
so ur mad cause you ordered late. Ya blame them more and keep talking trash to others. Thats going to get you one! Stop being a cry baby and deal with it
Again, there are June and July orders that haven't been fulfilled. My uncle being one. I ordered in OCT, very well. They obviously didn't do the FIFO approach. Stop typing like a 15 year old girl.

Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With half the towing capacity* and half the number of driven wheels*
*When properly optioned of course

Don't mean to pick; I do absolutely think the base model Maverick hybrid is an absolute steal, it just came across like it was a no-compromise no-brainier and there's certainly a market need for both types. (I bought 4k tow EB for example)
Yes more options is always betterđź‘Ť
I just need a commuter with a bed. We have other vehicles that we can use to tow.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Total Ford apologists. If you want to take the position that Ford has done a good job with the Maverick rollout -- REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU GOT YOUR TRUCK -- you are a fool!
No one in this thread is saying that Ford is doing a great job. But the supply chain is what it is. Its affecting all OEM's across the board

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or they don't readily have the supplies required to consistently build the hybrids to completion? So rather than not build anything dedicate their effort to the Ecoboosts they can build.

Good lord are there some dramatic people on here. Not everything Ford does is because they're out to get you
For sure! I thought the same thing when I read this title of this thread, my eyes almost rolled in the back of my head.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't believe Ford is building the battery packs- that's probably been one of the biggest issues with the Hybrid since the beginning. Most battery EV/hybrid battery makers are shipping them out as fast they can- and there is a lot of demand from a lot of car makers.
Ford builds the battery packs for the Maverick, Escape and Corsair hybrids in its own plant in Michigan. That is not the constraint with hybrid models.

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup don't have hybrid parts. Who wants to bet there diverting Maverick components and materials to Lightning or other higher priced products.
No. The Maverick doesn't share any constrained components electrical or material with the Lightning or any other "high priced products". All of Lightning's battery, electric motor drive, computers and control units are from a different forest.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD Lariat Lux ordered in late December. I knew it was going to take a while. I was hoping I'd get it in 6 months. Now I'll be happy if I get it in a year. Priority 2 so who knows.

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.

millerbl0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered early just got the news too. Told them to stove it and ill Keep my HONDA.
that way I wont have to sit at a Ford dealership every week waiting for my rushed ford hybrid to be fixed
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.