Sponsored

Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an unscheduled Hybrid and would consider an EB…..if my special offer priced it less than the Hybrid.

Lets face it…… the Hybrid is a steal. Priced lower than the EB with better fuel economy.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.
So speak with your wallet and go buy 1 from the competition o_O

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup don't have hybrid parts. Who wants to bet there diverting Maverick components and materials to Lightning or other higher priced products.

From the beginning the Maverick Hybrid is a vehicle no one wanted to build but consumers really wanted.

All manufacturers are trying to promote there ICE only vehicles as they can't get volume on Hybrid or EV.

An AWD hybrid Tremor Maverick would sell like hot cakes. But Ford can't build them due to material constraints. So they promote the ICE only option as this amazing thing. There cool and will sell but if a version in Hybrid was available everyone would want that and Ford can't make them.

This is my working theory on why no AWD hybrid Mavericks as well.
Unless you have concrete proof there are 100% interchangeable ICs/modules between vehicles this is nothing more than an unfounded conspiracy theory- and an old 1 at that, that won't go away.

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger. C10E795B-CC85-4284-9EC0-6880E012DFFF

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lets face it…… the Hybrid is a steal. Priced lower than the EB with better fuel economy.
With half the towing capacity* and half the number of driven wheels*
*When properly optioned of course

Don't mean to pick; I do absolutely think the base model Maverick hybrid is an absolute steal, it just came across like it was a no-compromise no-brainier and there's certainly a market need for both types. (I bought 4k tow EB for example)

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup don't have hybrid parts. Who wants to bet there diverting Maverick components and materials to Lightning or other higher priced products.

From the beginning the Maverick Hybrid is a vehicle no one wanted to build but consumers really wanted.

All manufacturers are trying to promote there ICE only vehicles as they can't get volume on Hybrid or EV.

An AWD hybrid Tremor Maverick would sell like hot cakes. But Ford can't build them due to material constraints. So they promote the ICE only option as this amazing thing. There cool and will sell but if a version in Hybrid was available everyone would want that and Ford can't make them.

This is my working theory on why no AWD hybrid Mavericks as well.
I highly doubt a AWD hybrid tremor wouid sell like hot cakes. Most don’t need AWD or off roading for a hybrid.

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With half the towing capacity* and half the number of driven wheels*
*When properly optioned of course

Don't mean to pick; I do absolutely think the base model Maverick hybrid is an absolute steal, it just came across like it was a no-compromise no-brainier and there's certainly a market need for both types. (I bought 4k tow EB for example)
Where I live almost all vehicles are AWD. Not gonna save a couple of bucks over my family’s safety. Fine in the south but northeast, nope.

OP
OP

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
F*ck you too, there are people who have ordered in June and July with no delivery yet. Typical, I got mine so f*ck you Ford homers.
There's lots of those in here apparently. I ordered as soon as I knew about the truck but some people believe we should all be time travelers.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim said they were probably building out the Ecoboost to get them out of way so hybrids could be built faster when constraints probably batteries would be available.
I don't believe Ford is building the battery packs- that's probably been one of the biggest issues with the Hybrid since the beginning. Most battery EV/hybrid battery makers are shipping them out as fast they can- and there is a lot of demand from a lot of car makers.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's lots of those in here apparently. I ordered as soon as I knew about the truck but some people believe we should all be time travelers.
Exactly. I didn't even know Mavericks existed until last November, and ordered my Ecoboost in January. Sure, I was late to the game, but how many Americans still don't even know the Maverick exists? It's not like Ford was running TV commercials for the thing.

Again, people can make fun of us for being frustrated, but did Ford tell us when we ordered, "Look, it's probably going to be a 12-18 month for this vehicle. Is that OK with you? Please plan accordingly."

HELL NO they didn't. If they had, that would be one thing. But clearly, Ford KNEW there were going to be hopelessly behind on fulfilling these orders and gladly took them anyway. The Ford CEO likes to brag about having 300,000 orders on the books in public interviews. How about just build the vehicles and get them to your customers?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.