pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Ford Maverick Ford has lowest valuation of major automakers 1630181956445

Ford has lowest valuation of major automakers. Rivian backed by Amazon and Ford has not sold on truck yet but planing IPO valuation above Ford, Honda, BMW, GM, etc. Pretty crazy!
Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I have tesla...

I'm planning on buying Ford if it gets to 12.00

Cant stand gm especially with the broad running it

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not a Tesla driver nor will ever be but the company is very interesting to follow. Tesla isn't just a car company. Their valuation is primarly built on their other technologies and future partnerships. It is gearing up to sell its industry leading battery technology to other companies including companies that aren't in the auto industry. They are gearing up to sell software and possibly drive train technology to other companies in the near future too.

You could almost say Tesla is a battery/technology company dressed up like a car company. They are in the process of building two more huge battery factories in the west to go with the one they already have. They have a battery in concept that is going to be guaranteed to get 1,000,000 miles.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Tesla is big in China and getting into India

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe it has do with selling a sweet little ride like the Maverick for such reasonable price! 😊

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your daily reminder that the stock market is a speculative market, so things can get pretty wonky from time to time.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
F under $15 is a BUY. I'll continue to pick some up as long as I can. Sure, you could wait and maybe see ~$12 again, in that case, I'll just buy more though.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
F under $15 is a BUY. I'll continue to pick some up as long as I can. Sure, you could wait and maybe see ~$12 again, in that case, I'll just buy more though.
Yeah, I thought that when I bought in at $9, and it continued to fall. Took me a while to get back to where I could break even. Losing the dividend didn't help, either.

HRG

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tesla isn't just a car company.
Tesla is what happens when world governments keep dumping bulldozers of cash at their front door for existing. All the other auto manufacturers have basically been forced to pay Tesla huge sums of money to satisfy laws created in their favor, so Tesla couldn't go bankrupt if they tried. Think about it, not only is almost everything Tesla does hugely subsidized and often tax free but they've been paid $1.7 billion by automakers like GM as "carbon offset credits". Every time you buy a new car, you're also paying Tesla since the costs are passed on to you. And every time someone buys a Tesla, you're also paying Tesla because of tax credits.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really means absolutely nothing in terms of an individual considering what brand to purchase.
What is the market capitalization of a company?
The market capitalization sometimes referred as Marketcap, is the value of a publicly listed company. In most cases it can be easily calculated by multiplying the share price with the amount of outstanding shares

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tesla got ahead in the early innings of the EV ballgame, but the game isn't over.

Almost every article I read about Tesla stock says it is overvalued, in some cases by a significant multiple. But I don't think that will catch up with them until the bigger automakers flesh out their EV lines. Particularly when the big ones focus on offering mid-level longer-range EVs at scale.

Once Tesla loses it's cool image as (almost) the only game in town for higher-tech, longer-range EVs, I think people will start taking a harder look at that valuation. Tesla will have to keep leap-frogging ahead of the others to prevent that, and I don't think they'll be able to. We'll see.

As for the "government" issue, I have no problem with the concept of making companies pony up when the externalize their costs. But that should be inclusive. Costs are externalized in many ways, not just through carbon emissions.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tesla is what happens when world governments keep dumping bulldozers of cash at their front door for existing. All the other auto manufacturers have basically been forced to pay Tesla huge sums of money to satisfy laws created in their favor, so Tesla couldn't go bankrupt if they tried. Think about it, not only is almost everything Tesla does hugely subsidized and often tax free but they've been paid $1.7 billion by automakers like GM as "carbon offset credits". Every time you buy a new car, you're also paying Tesla since the costs are passed on to you. And every time someone buys a Tesla, you're also paying Tesla because of tax credits.
Yes they positioned themselves well to take advantage of opportunities that are/were out there, not Tesla fault. That is why they are a interesting to watch Lets not get into heavily subsidized companies. The US car market wouldnt exist today if they werent subsidized by us just a few years ago. Only Ford would be left and that is why I would only look at a Ford for US car companies.
Sponsored