BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it's from the stuff they use at the drive thru car wash. Suggestions on how to restore this please. Thanks.
Ford Maverick Ford Hard Trifold seal not looking pretty 20220428_082536
Sponsored

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What have you tried? Maybe ArmorAll, there are other rubber/vinyl treatments out there.

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What have you tried? Maybe ArmorAll, there are other rubber/vinyl treatments out there.
I haven't tried anything. Asking for recommendations from others who have experience with some products.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appears to be shallow surface spotting. Before laying out $$ for a can or bottle of whatever esoteric concoction I'd first try one of those Mr. Clean magic eraser thingies (if have never used one, dampen it first) and a little elbow grease.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it's from the stuff they use at the drive thru car wash. Suggestions on how to restore this please. Thanks.
20220428_082536.jpg
I would never think of sending anyone of my vehicles to any kind of carwash. The cleaners they typically use are caustic and not good for the paint or rubber. Unless you know what the cleaners and waxes they use and they meet specific criteria that won't damage your vehicle it's always a bad idea. Buy some good quality auto shampoo thats Ph balanced and use a foam canon and after a two bucket method. Afterwards try some Aerospace 303 for the rubber seal and see if that works is my recommendation.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have applied 303 Aerospace to all my black plastics / interior as it seems to be a common recommendation. No too pricey, but I can't attest to holding up against car wash's as I only go to the DIY places and do the washing myself. This is my first brand new vehicle and I am afraid of the drive through trashing the clear coat.
Sponsored