First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll have to ask the wife if she wants to try living that slogan. She'll be up for it, I'm sure.
Sponsored

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Insipidly stupid. Truly horible. Vacuous at best. To think that most of, if not all on that group think committee went to "University" and supposedly has an advanced education... and student loans debit they want forgiven. And, what's the point, Ford already can't even come close to meeting demand. Of course, that slogan is so bad it may actually help Ford out in that area.
Is there anybody who hears/reads that slogan and goes "I need to go buy a Maverick"?
Can you imagine if the idiots that came up that tagline are also the ones that designed the Maverick what an abomination the Maverick would be!
Thankfully, the people that come up with Ford marketing taglines are not the ones that designed the Maverick!

Last edited:

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But we aren't sheeple. People that have to have the next new Apple product just because it's Apple are sheeple. We are trailblazers because there's never been a Maverick truck like this before. And I'm glad to be a trailblazer 😊
Yeah, and if Apple was still using its '90s business model and marketing solely based on PowerPC benchmarks relative to Intel (and if Intel hadn't started cheating by cramming multiple CPUs onto a single die), it would've probably died with BeOS about the same time Windows XP came out. Or more likely, gotten bought out by IBM and the i in iPhone or iMac would stand for something different.

The Maverick getting a slogan means Ford's actually trying to do something with it. Because without a slogan and advertising, the Maverick is basically where Apple was in the '90s- only known to a few hardcore Ford nuts and even fewer people who actually clicked thru to a review article.

The slogan sucks. On a more serious note, how about, Take It With Maverick. Emphasizes the truck bed capabilities above and beyond a typical SUV or sedan.

Now, for our stoner owners, Bake it with Maverick.
lol

Why did this remind me of a (satire?) article from the '80s that decided that the only cars that anyone should own are family station wagons? Trucks got the axe for being "too easy to load with stolen property."

Yeah, "take it with Maverick." Now excuse me while I put on my bandido mask and get into a shootout with the sheriff and his posse, lol.
Sponsored