A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad is the reason I'm a Ford fanboy he worked at a local dealership for over 40 years. It was basically my second home, loved watching my dad work on cars and the smell of oil and gas lofting through the air. He also got picked on a lot down there by his friends because of our last name if you couldn't tell with my username. People ask him why don't you drive a Dodge. My dad would never answer that question. My dad passed in 2006 and I miss those times with him at the shop. I knew he loved what he did so of course I have to continue driving Fords.

Was there ever a Time that you thought of jumping ship and going to another manufacturer. Or maybe you did, what made you come back for the Maverick.

For me it was when I bought my 1990 Ford probe GT, how Ford thought that would replace the Mustang I will never know. Almost made me think of changing sides but my next car was a 1995 Ford T-Bird and my probe was a forgotten memory.
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a Ford fanboy since I grew up driving Chevys. I don't have the product loyalty I used to have when I was a pup and now will buy most manufacturers car or truck if I think its the best fit for me at a particular price point. Right now it's the Maverick.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a car whore with no brand loyalty.
First car was an ‘86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, my second was a ‘94 Thunderbird Super Coupe, but I haven’t owned a Ford since 2004 when I purchased a Neon SRT4 after the head gasket blew in my SC.
I’ve since bounced around a bit, but I’m hopeful the Maverick gets me back into a Ford.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had owned dozens of Fords up to my last new one, a 2006 Freestyle. That vehicle with too many problems to list ended with a Lemon Law Buy Back.

That kept me from the brand since then. In 2022 I am returning and will give them another shot with the backing of an extended warranty in-case I keep it that long.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had a 1994 Toyota Carola, 2001 mustang gt, 2007 mustang gt, 1994 jeep Cherokee, 1999 jeep Cherokee. My current vehicle is a 2008 kia Sorento. This Maverick will be my first new vehicle purchase. Always bought used. As for Ford I had good luck with my mustangs and I didn't keep them stock. Worst vehicle was a 2011 Hyundai sonata we bought my wife. That was nothing but problems. Spent thousands on repairs and it was only 3 years old when we bought it. Traded that in for her current 2012 dodge grand caravan in 2017.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
In my younger days I never had a Ford. I have been a die hard MOPAR Fan most of my life. I purchased the 2016 Ram 1500 Stinger Yellow Sport while working in Texas. I took a job in West Virginia and pulled a trailer and thought I was going to die. I traded it for a 2017 F250. After 6 months I traded and downsized to the 2018 F150 w/EcoBoost. I've liked Ford's trucks ever since. Still a MOPAR Fan but not until they come up with a better truck with a gas engine. If you ask me about diesel then RAM all day. The one thing that can't be beat is their Cummins Diesel.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have owned so many Ford vehicles:
71 Mustang
71 Cougar
72 Maverick
84 Ranger
86 Bronco II
89 Taurus SHO
91 Thunderbird
91 F150
98 Taurus, 2003 Taurus (company cars)
05 F150

I have owned other cars in between but I have always loved the Fords. I switched to Audi/VW about 12 years ago and have had great success with Deutsche technology. They pioneered the Turbo a long time ago. The Hybrid/Pony Truck brought me back to Ford. I am currently driving a VW Tiguan small SUV. The Maverick has a lot of features I am used to with my VW and more. It is longer and has the small bed.
I got tired of driving an F150 Battleship, especially around town. I have been waiting for Ford to come up with something innovative. So they just got me back...

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had many Fords from different years going back decades but mainly Mustangs. I’m on my 3rd S550 Mustang.

I’ve had many other cars and trucks from other car makers.

Every car maker has had lemons.

I’m not a Ford fan boy by any means but I like the vehicles I bought and will stay with them as long as they perform well and are reliable and so far they have been.

If my hybrid Maverick is a lemon I’ll get rid of it and get something else. Could be another Ford who knows. Like I said Fords have served me well. Just as much as Toyota’s and Chevys I’ve had.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad is the reason I'm a Ford fanboy he worked at a local dealership for over 40 years. It was basically my second home, loved watching my dad work on cars and the smell of oil and gas lofting through the air. He also got picked on a lot down there by his friends because of our last name if you couldn't tell with my username. People ask him why don't you drive a Dodge. My dad would never answer that question. My dad passed in 2006 and I miss those times with him at the shop. I knew he loved what he did so of course I have to continue driving Fords.

Was there ever a Time that you thought of jumping ship and going to another manufacturer. Or maybe you did, what made you come back for the Maverick.

For me it was when I bought my 1990 Ford probe GT, how Ford thought that would replace the Mustang I will never know. Almost made me think of changing sides but my next car was a 1995 Ford T-Bird and my probe was a forgotten memory.
Henry Ford was only the 'chief engineer' of the original Ford Motor Company. He was not the owner as most believe. Ford Motor Company was getting ready to build hand made high $ luxury models like the rest of the industry at that time but Henry had a different idea. Henry wanted to improve the lives of rural farm workers and people of more meager means by producing affordable transportation. Henry proposed the Model T. Building cheaper vehicles was not a good business model to the original investors so the idea was rejected. Henry conjured up a plan.

When his plan was ready to go Henry Ford took a full page ad out in the NY Times stating that he was Henry Ford and he was looking for investors to help him start a new company with a better vision. As expected, Ford Motor Company shares tanked as the stock started to get dumped on Wall Street. What good was the Ford Motor Company without a Ford? Henry went into action on his plan. He had shadow companies begin purchasing the shares as value plummeted until he had a majority stake in the original Ford Motor Company. He then took control and fired the two original investors from their leadership positions in the company. The two left on bad terms with their sworn intent to form their own Auto Company and then use it to 'bury the Ford Motor Company.' At least Henry was now free to pursue the Model T and the rest is history.

Oh, the two that left were the Dodge brothers. The company they started was Dodge Motors.

Luckily for us they were not successful in their mission so we get the new Maverick. Both companies are still with us with Dodge part of Fiat-Chrysler. So in the end there is an actual connection between your name Dodge and the Ford Motor Company. The two Dodge brothers funded the original startup!

Sponsored

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Inherited it from my dad, I guess. He always bought Fords, and they got traded around the family at different times. First car I purchased on my own was a 2015 Fusion Hybrid. Wasn’t really thinking about changing until I saw the news about the Maverick. As for a next car, we’ll have to wait and see.

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Henry Ford was only the 'chief engineer' of the original Ford Motor Company. He was not the owner as most believe. Ford Motor Company was getting ready to build hand made high $ luxury models like the rest of the industry at that time but Henry had a different idea. Henry wanted to improve the lives of rural farm workers and people of more meager means by producing affordable transportation. Henry proposed the Model T. Building cheaper vehicles was not a good business model to the original investors so the idea was rejected. Henry conjured up a plan.

When his plan was ready to go Henry Ford took a full page ad out in the NY Times stating that he was Henry Ford and he was looking for investors to help him start a new company with a better vision. As expected, Ford Motor Company shares tanked as the stock started to get dumped on Wall Street. What good was the Ford Motor Company without a Ford? Henry went into action on his plan. He had shadow companies begin purchasing the shares as value plummeted until he had a majority stake in the original Ford Motor Company. He then took control and fired the two original investors from their leadership positions in the company. The two left on bad terms with their sworn intent to form their own Auto Company and then use it to 'bury the Ford Motor Company.' At least Henry was now free to pursue the Model T and the rest is history.

Oh, the two that left were the Dodge brothers. The company they started was Dodge Motors.

Luckily for us they were not successful in their mission so we get the new Maverick. Both companies are still with us with Dodge part of Fiat-Chrysler. So in the end there is an actual connection between your name Dodge and the Ford Motor Company. The two Dodge brothers funded the original startup!
I kind of knew a little about Dodge and Ford being together once. But not how Henry Ford took over. Thank you so much.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First car 65 Impala, then 1965 Pontiac tempest convertible (50 bucks),1964 LeMans 326 two barrel Powerglide ,1970 Ford Ranger (full Size)360 big block pickup no power anything three on the tree,1972 el camino,1979 Honda Accord,1985 Cavalier,1986 Astro van,1990 GMC1500,1992 Explorer,1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer (got a better job), 2000 Merc Mountaineer V8 (trans went out and gas was 4.00 a gal)2006 Honda Element, Best car I have ever owned. I hope the Maverick can carry that torch going forward!

I did not mention all the bikes I have had, that is for another forum.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first Ford was a Mercury Tracer wagon in that awful teal- it was all I could afford in college. Drove it to death, gave it to my cousin, and he is still driving it. Not bad for an ‘89.
Replaced it with a 1965 Falcon Station wagon, which I daily drove for years (through 2 engines). Wife drove a 1964 Futura during the same time, and all told we ended up with 5 Falcons and an F100 between us and my pops.
Shop I worked at closed and there was no longer a pile of parts…so we bought a Focus ZX3. My favorite car ever, mom has had 2 as well.
It was totaled, went to Ford and the only thing they could show me that was comparable was a Fiesta- nope.
Been driving a Jetta Sportwagen and a Honda Fit for a while now. They are both great cars that are getting long in the tooth, and once again, nobody offers anything comparable anymore- so little truck it is! We are back!
My dad has only left for about 6mos…he was back faster with an SUV because he says no AC is like Ford AC 😂
Sponsored