flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its almost never worth it. The factory warranty is long enough duration to determine if there is a build issue with the vehicle. The extended warranties coverage is very limited most of the time. They dont cover wear items and what is considered a wear item is up to them it seems.

The maverick is going to be a very very common vehicle so repairs will be affordable compared to a niche vehicle like a Porsche Taycan or Jaguar F-pace. Most the extended warranties cost more than a single large repair anyway. If you are getting a hybrid Ford covers all of its systems for 8 years or 100k miles. The state of california that extends to 10/15 years or 150k miles.
Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm considering getting the extended warranty on my maverick as there is more electronics on the car than any one I've ever owned. My Honda Element had a valve problem right before the warranty went out (like 1000 miles left) and it would have cost me some $$$. My wifes 2013 Santa Fe just had a oil filter housing crack at 120K miles which was just after the 100K warranty expired and it cost us $1200. Her car also had a couple of things go out right after 100K.

I wouldn't normally get the extended warranty but this time around I might as 3 years 36K is the shortest warranty on any vehicle I've ever purchased.

I'm going to look at the PremiumCare 8 year 150,000 warranty. If I can get that for $2K-3K or less I'd be pretty happy about it. I figured one major electrical issue or transmission issue can cost quite a bit. $3k divided by 8 years is $375 year. That's not much for peace of mind for 8 years.

No idea what the actual costs will be but have to wait and see.

The bigger problem is always that to maintain the warranty you may have to have all the recommended services done at a dealer and they charge you $200 to change spark plugs etc.

Problem is so many things now just can't be repaired at home.

I replaced my master cylinder on my Honda Element only to find out that you need a special device from the dealer to get the air out of the ABS system. So had to pay for them to do a flush with the device after I replaced it.

I can't imagine the cost to fix an electrical display or electronic ebrake in these things.

I've done all my own repairs for years, fuel pumps, starters, alternators, etc. Hard to give it up.

Last edited:

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Been mostly a Toyota guy and am a little nervous about a ford lol
Same, I've owned two Toyotas and had fairly minimal issues... the Matrix had a computer issue but was covered under warranty and was never an issue again. The Rav had a torque converter go bad but again covered and has been fine since. My S.O. had a Ford and it performed great but had a constant ticking in the engine (F150) that I guess was a known problem for that year. I'm slightly paranoid about this being a first run after the issues reported in the Bronco but YOLO I guess.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am in agreement with poster's 4, 5, and 6. Not sure that I will get the extended warranty at time of purchase or not, but thinking I may wait until year two or so. I think that the warranty is a good idea given todays technology but it has to be at a reasonable price and I will shop around. Just my opinion looking at potential repair costs. Warranties used to be an option but with todays vehicle it's almost a necessity since not everybody can work on them so you are forced back the dealership and they aren't cheap to do anything.

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Extended Warranty is like any insurance policy - a gamble. If you have it and don't use it - damn, and if you don't have it and need it - damn again, but if you have it AND and need/use it - NICE. However by having it, there is the 'peace of mind aspect', which is important to some people. My thoughts - I was a Ford Service Director for many years, and am know a Fixed Operations Director for a Dealership Group - which includes a few Ford Dealerships. I've been a Ford guy all my life and have had owned many new ford vehicles and have ALWAYS purchased an ESP Service Plan (Premium Care) for them - and I am in (pretty much always have been) a position to get repairs done at a reasonable rate. As said, they are are profitable sale it for the dealership at full pop, but shop around online, there are a few dealerships selling them at a substantial discount vs suggested MSRP. You can negotiate with you dealership at time of purchase - and I'm sure you can come to an equitable agreement. If not, purchase online .

Sponsored

soNso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TomE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 XL, Hyundai Azera, Suzuki Hayabusa Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my first Ford. I am a Mazda man since '92 because of reliability. I thinking of getting an extended warranty because it is a Ford.
Did you no that Mazda was part owned by Ford from 1974 to 2015.

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering getting the extended warranty on my maverick as there is more electronics on the car than any one I've ever owned. My Honda Element had a valve problem right before the warranty went out (like 1000 miles left) and it would have cost me some $$$. My wifes 2013 Santa Fe just had a oil filter housing crack at 120K miles which was just after the 100K warranty expired and it cost us $1200. Her car also had a couple of things go out right after 100K.

I wouldn't normally get the extended warranty but this time around I might as 3 years 36K is the shortest warranty on any vehicle I've ever purchased.

I'm going to look at the PremiumCare 8 year 150,000 warranty. If I can get that for $2K-3K or less I'd be pretty happy about it. I figured one major electrical issue or transmission issue can cost quite a bit. $3k divided by 8 years is $375 year. That's not much for peace of mind for 8 years.

No idea what the actual costs will be but have to wait and see.

The bigger problem is always that to maintain the warranty you may have to have all the recommended services done at a dealer and they charge you $200 to change spark plugs etc.

Problem is so many things now just can't be repaired at home.

I replaced my master cylinder on my Honda Element only to find out that you need a special device from the dealer to get the air out of the ABS system. So had to pay for them to do a flush with the device after I replaced it.

I can't imagine the cost to fix an electrical display or electronic ebrake in these things.

I've done all my own repairs for years, fuel pumps, starters, alternators, etc. Hard to give it up.
I see on Flood Ford they have a chart to show cost. I think the 8 year 150K miles with a $50 deductible looks good for $2750. Thanks for the idea!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its almost never worth it. The factory warranty is long enough duration to determine if there is a build issue with the vehicle. The extended warranties coverage is very limited most of the time. They dont cover wear items and what is considered a wear item is up to them it seems.

The maverick is going to be a very very common vehicle so repairs will be affordable compared to a niche vehicle like a Porsche Taycan or Jaguar F-pace. Most the extended warranties cost more than a single large repair anyway. If you are getting a hybrid Ford covers all of its systems for 8 years or 100k miles. The state of california that extends to 10/15 years or 150k miles.
1 LED headlight costs $1,000 before labor.

Just keep that in mind as you make your decision.

My build is $23,575. If it costs me $3k for an extended warranty through 8 years 150k for damn near everything on my vehicle and then I add my weather tech floor liners, window tint, ceramic paint protection, and ziebart the underside i'll come in under $28k for a vehicle I know that I won't have to worry about for 8 years.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
1 LED headlight costs $1,000 before labor.

Just keep that in mind as you make your decision.

My build is $23,575. If it costs me $3k for an extended warranty through 8 years 150k for damn near everything on my vehicle and then I add my weather tech floor liners, window tint, ceramic paint protection, and ziebart the underside i'll come in under $28k for a vehicle I know that I won't have to worry about for 8 years.
Yep, those headlights hurt but they're one of several things that make buying an extended warranty on a car today ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL like buying one 20 years ago.

I can tell you first hand that as nifty as all those extra gadgets are, once all those safety sensors, or the Sync system or this or that start breaking, it gets VERY expensive. And waiting until the base warranty goes out isn't really that helpful. The last 3 Escapes I've owned all had a similar lifecycle; absolutely problem free until somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000, and then the electronic issues started popping up now that you're out of coverage.

Personally, I've decided that I'm not getting an extended warranty because between my history with Fords and what I've seen the last several weeks out of Maverick production, I don't plan to own mine (assuming I still take delivery) outside of the base warranty. But if I was? I think I'd buy one and keep my fingers crossed that Ford's ESP would cover the problems that come up.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Can these plans be passed on to a different title holder like in an estate?

Sponsored

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always said no to extended warranties, except one time.
I bought an expensive Lincoln MKT with all the bells and whistles, and decided to add one on since it was an expensive vehicle.
NEVER had any service issues, so the extra $ went down the Ford drain.
Take that any way you want, but I'll continue to pass on them.

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This will be my 3rd Ford, 95 and 03 rangers before. I had extended warranties on both because I drive a lot and didn’t want to be left with a big repair bill. I drove the 03 till 176k miles and the 95 till 230k miles. The only warranty thing that the extended warranty covered was when my radio died at 40k on my 03. I’m pretty sure I lost on those deals!

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks all for your input, especially electrical issues and sound. Think will wait also to see how many miles I've driven in the first 30 months as the flood plan jumps with mileage. Say for that $50 deductible $1.385 for 100k or $1865 for 125k maybe too much. Will see as $500 more for 25k mileage is pricing and will not do it if not needed. Can justify $1,385 and pay it. Nearly 2 grand is a bit of a gamble and will also watch these forums as others will have a head start mileage wise and reporting stuff.