First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would imagine this will start more dealers wanting a large deposit to insure the person truly wants the ordered vehicle. This would help in avoiding people ordering multiple place and waiting for the first vehicle to show up.
Sponsored

VGMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
If you are looking up the term sleazy car salesman, that guy is the photo they use lol
Dude looks like he'd kill his mother for a nickel.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why even a delivery center? Carvana brings vehicles right to your door. Eliminate the middle man and reduce costs. Let people order at invoice price and Ford still saves on dealer Cashback/holdback and other incentives.
Because Carvana delivery drivers seem to have a habit of letting the cars just roll off the back of the truck and hit the ground. Also, the dealer does the final inspection before you take the car home, to make sure one last time that there's no damage

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still want to know how this policy effects married couples where property is communally held in states like Texas for example. I order the vehicle but the vehicle is titled and financed thru my spouse. Or in both names at time of delivery..... @Ford Motor Company ?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because Carvana delivery drivers seem to have a habit of letting the cars just roll off the back of the truck and hit the ground. Also, the dealer does the final inspection before you take the car home, to make sure one last time that there's no damage
Hit up youtube, the same thing happens at Ford dealerships every day as well.

The final inspection can be performed by Ford's internal delivery service, both at pickup and at delivery. Dealers also often do far more harm than good, such as installing front license plates CROOKED and off center no less even though in writing you had them agree not to do that and also not to plaster their stupid stickers all over the car which they did as well because they know most people will be too lazy to remove it so they get a free moving billboard. We also saw the car wash at a Mercedes dealer when picking up one of ours, and family member works for Mercedes corporate and had to chew out the dealership for allowing their service guys use a pressure washer on the interior of the vehicle (all the door cards and around the open hatch on a brand new very expensive SUV). Sucks when you pick up your brand new vehicle and it already has swirl marks from either the drive-thru cheap carwash they use or lowest bidder carwash guys they have on their lot, and if even Mercedes can screw it up, who are otherwise very top notch service, you can bet Ford dealerships are too.

No thank you, bring it to me factory fresh any day of the week.

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why even a delivery center? Carvana brings vehicles right to your door. Eliminate the middle man and reduce costs. Let people order at invoice price and Ford still saves on dealer Cashback/holdback and other incentives.
Too bad ford can’t just eliminate the buying process altogether at the dealership. Make them a delivery and service center. Cut the new car salespeople and finance people totally out of the equation. The dealerships have been giving ford corporate a bad reputation for years. Time to change, and the dealers have no one to blame but themselves.

Good riddance
Unfortunately, many states (like Texas, yee frickin' haw) have laws stating that new cars must be bought through a licensed dealer in order to protect the consumer.

Tesla had a problem when they wanted to market direct to consumers. They had to set up "dealerships" to take orders instead of letting customers simply order over the internet. (The dealerships consisted single car and one or two people who would type your order into the computer.)

Carvana and other businesses like them only deal in used cars, therefore they are not required to follow the dealership law.

Since dealerships pour so much money into Texas politics, I don't see it going away soon.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too bad ford can’t just eliminate the buying process altogether at the dealership. Make them a delivery and service center. Cut the new car salespeople and finance people totally out of the equation. The dealerships have been giving ford corporate a bad reputation for years. Time to change, and the dealers have no one to blame but themselves.

Good riddance
I like that - lose the order takers. That would be a win for the consumer and for FORD. Finally, everyone would pay the same price for identical products. What a concept!

Ever take your dog to the vet and he/she starts shaking when you pull into the parking lot? That's me when I pull into a new car dealership.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, many states (like Texas, yee frickin' haw) have laws stating that new cars must be bought through a licensed dealer in order to protect the consumer.

Tesla had a problem when they wanted to market direct to consumers. They had to set up "dealerships" to take orders instead of letting customers simply order over the internet. (The dealerships consisted single car and one or two people who would type your order into the computer.)

Carvana and other businesses like them only deal in used cars, therefore they are not required to follow the dealership law.

Since dealerships pour so much money into Texas politics, I don't see it going away soon.
Yup, but not to protect the consumer, to protect the dealerships. The laws were lobbied for by dealers union to help increase dealers profits, as removing all of the consumer options on how to buy their vehicle was never for consumer's sake even on day 1, its that the dealers didn't like that other sales avenues like Ford's own stores or other direct sales could undercut dealership's prices. So anti-competitive laws were put in place which jacked up prices and gave them a monopoly on one of the largest purchases a consumer will make after their home. Consumers just need to be made aware (and I try to do my part lol) and get angry enough because we outnumber them millions to one, so we can get those dumb laws repealed. (y)

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still want to know how this policy effects married couples where property is communally held in states like Texas for example. I order the vehicle but the vehicle is titled and financed thru my spouse. Or in both names at time of delivery..... @Ford Motor Company ?
That is a good question. My order is intended to be a college graduation present for my daughter, and I plan to have the dealer title it in her name. Am I going to have to jump though some stupid hoops with the state DMV to do this, just because some Ford dealers are sleazy?

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a good question. My order is intended to be a college graduation present for my daughter, and I plan to have the dealer title it in her name. Am I going to have to jump though some stupid hoops with the state DMV to do this, just because some Ford dealers are sleazy?
Your scenario is different than mine. Her property is her property... I'd imagine you could both be on the title but you'ld be half owner. If it's only titled in your name she has no ownership. In Texas it's still half yours if it's just in the spouses name.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Admin update:

Here's the bulletin sent from Ford to dealers:

via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...me-matching-policy-getting-more-strict.44560/

Ford Order Name-Match Policy Changes
Next month (June), Ford will increase its name-match threshold to 75%, up from the current requirement of 70%. As a result, dealers will need to ensure that more verified orders are delivered to the customers they were ordered for. With the changes, dealers will have a lot less leeway in case the names don't match up on a car.​
In addition, a provision allowing 120 days from the "order receipt date" and "dealer delivery date" will be totally eliminated, forcing every violation to count against dealers. An appeals process for dealers will also take into account the sale date as opposed to the order date, affecting 2022 Fords sold on or after June 1st.​
Ford's changes are likely meant to reflect the reality that more customers are placing orders rather than buying a car or truck off the lot. Given that demand has far outstripped supply, stricter name-match rules could be a good thing for consumers. Last month, the company even stopped taking 2022 F-150 Lightning orders.​
If dealers violate the policy, they risk severe penalties. The biggest change is a 1-month "total allocation forfeiture." There doesn't appear to be much room for error, with a dealer's 3rd violation resulting in "expulsion" from the company's Name Match and Integrity Policy as well as other imposed limitations.​
80% Ford Name-Match Policy Coming
Whether or not Ford will really become an "order-only" car brand remains an open question. However, Ford's dealer announcement also gives us a peek at its future intent, stating that it has a "plan to increase to 80% after the launch of 23MY vehicles." This would mark a major move in the direction of an order-focused brand.​
As we reported recently, Ford is planning to significantly reduce the complexity of stocked vehicle configurations. This may compel more car buyers to place an order. Once implemented, this could potentially limit the ability of a consumer to buy the car they want from dealer stock, already complicated by a chip shortage.​
That allocation punishment punishes customers who order new vehicles. It’s about time someone grabs Ford by the ankle’s and pull their head out of their ass.

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your scenario is different than mine. Her property is her property... I'd imagine you could both be on the title but you'ld be half owner. If it's only titled in your name she has no ownership. In Texas it's still half yours if it's just in the spouses name.
No, it's not quite the same situation as yours, but my name is on the order, while hers would be on the title. If Ford forces the dealers to be sticklers about this, would I have to title (and insure and register) it in my name, wait for the title to come back from the state, then gift it to her so she can go through the same process? Bleh.

That would be more than a little annoying.

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, it's not quite the same situation as yours, but my name is on the order, while hers would be on the title. If Ford forces the dealers to be sticklers about this, would I have to title (and insure and register) it in my name, wait for the title to come back from the state, then gift it to her so she can go through the same process? Bleh.

That would be more than a little annoying.
It's up to the dealership if they want to allow you to be one of their 20-25% that aren't in the original name....

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m curious what happens if the person that ordered the vehicle doesn’t want to take delivery??
I’ve been thinking about canceling my order.
Am sure the dealer would love you to cancel your order he can add on 5k more to it and get it. he would be happy to give you back your deposit, but I think he needs something in writing or email from you to get a title from ford.
Sponsored