Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who've installed the Ford (Lund) bug deflector, did you actually begin with the top strip of tape as the instructions show, or the bottom strip first? It's seems that beginning with the bottom strip first would better allow for a tight fit against the front lip of the hood, then after the bottom tape is adhered, move to the top while pressing back and downward.

thanks

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who've installed the Ford (Lund) bug deflector, did you actually begin with the top strip of tape as the instructions show, or the bottom strip first? It's seems that beginning with the bottom strip first would better allow for a tight fit against the front lip of the hood, then after the bottom tape is adhered, move to the top while pressing back and downward.

thanks

I have one and have yet to install it as I'm having 2nd thoughts about putting it on as it looks like a water trap and the potential for rust under it in the log run is a concern 😟

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

thanks

Most importantly, You have to be comfortable in whatever method you use. I prefit the deflector to find the best fit then laid out some tape to realign to on install. I worked both the top and bottom at the same time working from the center out one side at at time. Very satisfied as installed.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one and have yet to install it as I'm having 2nd thoughts about putting it on as it looks like a water trap and the potential for rust under it in the log run is a concern 😟

Mine just arrived today and it has (3) 1/2" voids on the lower piece of tape to allow moisture and condensation to escape..

good luck...

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine just arrived today and it has (3) 1/2" voids on the lower piece of tape to allow moisture and condensation to escape..

good luck...

That will help, Also the RED Tag says to wet out I used a light dish soap solution to apply my lettering on the tailgate and it helps with alignment. The only other thing is you are not supposed to drive for 24 hrs

Ford Maverick Ford Bug Deflector Installation 20220505_074800

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most importantly, You have to be comfortable in whatever method you use. I prefit the deflector to find the best fit then laid out some tape to realign to on install. I worked both the top and bottom at the same time working from the center out one side at at time. Very satisfied as installed.
That's where 2 people could be a + having someone to keep pressure in the middle while you work it to the outside edges

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hood is aluminum, isn't it? Rust shouldn't be an issue if so.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did top and bottom at the same time. I pulled 2 to the left and inch, and then 2 to the right an inch. Pressing as I went.

I found lining it up and putting some painters tape lines to help ensure you know where its supposed to go, both for the goo you apply to the paint, and afterwards to make sure it didn't slip out of place on you.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used masking tape & wrap it around each piece of red tape on top and bottom for an extension pulling the red tape. Also, I used masking tape to hold each deflector edge to the hood edge before pulling the top center first. I wore gloves to prevent cuts and held the bottom while pulling the top red tape.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed, perfect.

thanks all

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

thanks

I followed the directions. I think the important thing is to recess the deflector back a few millimeters as illustrated in the directions.
Sponsored