Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just caught a production-ready Cactus Grey Ford Maverick on the streets, fitted with our first look at a Ford-branded bed cap. The cap shows signs of styling nuances specifically designed to work with the Maverick’s design (note how the cap’s rear side glass aligns perfectly with the black plastic trim that runs up the trucklet’s C-pillar.

The cap’s roof rises considerably over the Maverick’s roof line, allowing for more storage capacity. A Ford logo is seen on the rear corner of what effectively becomes the Maverick’s D-pillar, proving this to be a Ford-branded accessory, and not an aftermarket item.

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-1

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-2

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-3

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-4

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-5

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-6

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-7

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-8

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-9

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-10

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-11

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-12

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Cap [Snug Top Sport] Spotted on 2022 Maverick During Testing ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-13
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That very well might be on my down the road wishlist soon. Thx!

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WANT. Will replace tonneau with this ASAP.
Hell, this may change my mind from the hard roll-up cover to the soft trifold cover to save some cash for the bed cap.

BostonTruck

First Name
RH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This might work well functionally but my initial thoughts are that the lines look odd, so bit of a fail from a design perspective. Wish there were less curves and more straight lines

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This might work well functionally but my initial thoughts are that the lines look odd, so bit of a fail from a design perspective
I don't know, it has a fugly functional beauty about it.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I'm wondering where the brake light will tap since they provided the 12V source so people would not tap into the lighting circuit. Would really need to tap into the existing brake circuit, unless they have thoughtfully added a parallel plug into the brake circuit.

Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the idea, but I don't like the design of the back end of it, seems scalloped for no reason. I'd like to see it pushed out flush with the tailgate. Other than that, it's awesome!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks kind of like the Maverick is carrying the rear of a small car in its bed. Points if anyone can name the car (it seems familiar to me, but I can't think of what it is). Edit: Maybe a Kia Soul? Edit 2: Maybe a Scion XB? Edit 3: The overhang looks like a Mini Clubman.

Last edited:

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Any idea what something like this generally might cost, roughly?

Also, are these pretty easily removed? At first I didn't really like the idea of this, but it's kind of grown on me and I like the idea of having an enclosed rear storage that can be removed if I need to carry something larger.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In French it's "belle laid", beautiful ugly. Probably 90 pounds given the size of the bed.
Sponsored