Ford App - non existent REMOTE START

Robdisc1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, XLT, AWD, Off Road, 4k Tow,360
I'm in Ohio. The App Remote Start ONLY works in warm weather, never when the windows need de-iced. (even is truck was driver a couple hours earlier) I'm now wondering it if will work in HOT weather? Or will that be disabled also?
Sponsored

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in Ohio. The App Remote Start ONLY works in warm weather, never when the windows need de-iced. (even is truck was driver a couple hours earlier) I'm now wondering it if will work in HOT weather? Or will that be disabled also?
Your app must be messed up my app works great also I can start with my fob

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your app must be messed up my app works great also I can start with my fob
Make sure it updated and truck is updated on system in truck
Some times sign out a then back in or uninstall app and reinstall

OP
OP

Robdisc1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure it updated and truck is updated on system in truck
Some times sign out a then back in or uninstall app and reinstall
I will try updating the Apps but.....The trucks that have the "Remote Start via Keybob" don't have the issue.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Works for me in all weather. Even really cold.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just used mine worked just fine. Your connection is big factor etc. Make sure when your at home the wifi is connected .

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is the cell phone reception in that area?

OP
OP

Robdisc1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just used mine worked just fine. Your connection is big factor etc. Make sure when your at home the wifi is connected .
When it's say below 30, mine always goes in to the "disabled to save battery life", even if I had just driven it 2 hours earlier. I just have to accept that the "App version is only a feature in writing, not in real life. I park with in a few feet of my home, between my house and big garage. My garage gets full wifi so the truck should be fine. It has never said anything about offline or no signal. It's pretty darn disappointing. I would have bought the truck anyway but it was still a big selling feature.
Thanks

OP
OP

Robdisc1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Works for me in all weather. Even really cold.
Do you only have the APP like me, or do you also have the "mechanical remote on your key fob"? My cars with the Mechanical always worked at any temp.

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Sounds like Ford figured out how to fix the cat overheating problem. 🤣

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will try updating the Apps but.....The trucks that have the "Remote Start via Keybob" don't have the issue.
Also my wife iphone had a glitch they never could figure out !
Her phone needed to be replaced a year later and the app works fine now go figure

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When it's say below 30, mine always goes in to the "disabled to save battery life", even if I had just driven it 2 hours earlier. I just have to accept that the "App version is only a feature in writing, not in real life. I park with in a few feet of my home, between my house and big garage. My garage gets full wifi so the truck should be fine. It has never said anything about offline or no signal. It's pretty darn disappointing. I would have bought the truck anyway but it was still a big selling feature.
Thanks
Have your battery checked had a problem with fusion hybrid the battery for starting was going bad had intermediate problems including window defrost would not work strange as it seems they could not figure it out till one day it just died

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my XL EB yesterday and was shown the remote start feature by the sales person. It has worked so far. Does anyone know if this is bluetooth, wifi, or cellular based? I was told it was a permanent free app based feature. I thought I had read there was a free 3 month AT&T service but would be a paid service after 3 months but not sure.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my XL EB yesterday and was shown the remote start feature by the sales person. It has worked so far. Does anyone know if this is bluetooth, wifi, or cellular based? I was told it was a permanent free app based feature. I thought I had read there was a free 3 month AT&T service but would be a paid service after 3 months but not sure.
It's cellular-based but free (as long as you don't mind Ford collecting/selling your telemetry data). The AT&T trial is for the truck being able to provide a WiFi hotspot.
Sponsored