Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...dds-harsher-penalty-to-stop-brokers-resellers

Don't know how feasible it is to enforce these policies, but the intent is there.
At some point, automakers are going to sh*tcan these dealers, for good or bad.

Hillarious. My dealer called me 3 days ago telling me they had a Ford Lightning that the customer refused - I said whats the price ? He said 100K - they sold it the next day. MSRP - 69,994 . Only a 30K markup. Maybe these dealers didnt get the memo OR this whole "Ford is cracking down" is total BS - I think the later. Same dealer has been selling "refused" Maverick orders for 10K over for a year now. Same dealer that when my Maverick came in after a year they "accidently" charged sticker price rather than original order quote from a year ago. After I pointed out the 1K markup they had to redo all the paperwork. Im sure an"honest mistake - wink,wink ) 85% of Ford Dealers are dishonest - shocking ! and Ford Corporate has yet to do ANYTHING about it.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The clock is ticking for dealers, as we know them.
I sure hope so just as these ride share companies upset the taxi industry its a dated model. Especially when you have to order your truck and not pick one from dealer stock.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...dds-harsher-penalty-to-stop-brokers-resellers

Don't know how feasible it is to enforce these policies, but the intent is there.
At some point, automakers are going to sh*tcan these dealers, for good or bad.
Is it possible that Ford is splitting of its' EV division into Ford E so that they don't violate any kind of dealer contract when they shift to online sales? I mean, they left the ICE business alone and dealers have access to all vehicles right now but Ford could change their process and say "Sorry, Mr. Dealership, those are not Ford vehicles, they are Ford E vehicles so we are going to just sell them directly."

Likelihood Ford would turn on their dealer network without a way to ensure dealers can still operate at a profit? close to zero percent, I would say. But, there IS a chance.

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The problem with cutting off allocations to penalize dealers is that it also penalizes the customer. If they have 200 orders and get their allocations cut off few several months or a year, what happens to all those retail orders? Do they get moved to another dealer or do they still deliver retail ones but not stock ones?

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL
Yes sir, we have your order. It will be in day one!
2 ea. Hybrids at MSRP guaranteed in writting. Autonation Panama City Florida. I guess I'm good. I fully expect these to arrive in the year 5 Billion. Love my Turbo XL. 6-month wait with NO add-ons. I bought my flaps and mats months before the Uniocorn rolled off the hauler. I'll prolly end up keeping this one. POWER! The closest to a sports car drive than any truck I've ever driven. Fun factor is off the chart. Happy Trails!

Sponsored
OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possible that Ford is splitting of its' EV division into Ford E so that they don't violate any kind of dealer contract when they shift to online sales? I mean, they left the ICE business alone and dealers have access to all vehicles right now but Ford could change their process and say "Sorry, Mr. Dealership, those are not Ford vehicles, they are Ford E vehicles so we are going to just sell them directly."

Likelihood Ford would turn on their dealer network without a way to ensure dealers can still operate at a profit? close to zero percent, I would say. But, there IS a chance.
The problem with cutting off allocations to penalize dealers is that it also penalizes the customer. If they have 200 orders and get their allocations cut off few several months or a year, what happens to all those retail orders? Do they get moved to another dealer or do they still deliver retail ones but not stock ones?
Lots of creative critical thinking around this. Very interesting!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I know is that if we go into a recession, I sure wouldn't want to be stuck making payments on an overvalued car and an overvalued house. You'd think some people would have learned by now.
The Bloody Recession is now here by any standard definition. An XL hybrid ordered one year ago looks worth the wait.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I know is that if we go into a recession, I sure wouldn't want to be stuck making payments on an overvalued car and an overvalued house. You'd think some people would have learned by now.
If the only things on the market are overvalued, the consumer really doesn't have a choice. Which isn't a scenario that any economics class will ever cover.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Saw a white Lariat Hybrid today tucked away on a Dealers lot (Like New! 38 miles, Full Factory Warranty) with a stated asking price of $49,999.

That asking price was delivered by the salesman with a straight face…

No clue if this invokes these new penalties. But the $49,999 stands out.
Sponsored