First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the idea of the Long Bar for kayaks but I'm also thinking that with the halfway setting on the tailgate + tiedowns to it should work just as well...
This is my biggest concern- our overhang in CA is 3’. Thinking of using a Yakima Bedrock and hoping that there are ZERO CHP out there that actually want to check that. My kayaks are 9’6” but I don’t like the current roof rack solutions at all (and in a remarkably vane moment, can’t stand how a roof rack looks on a truck).
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for posting this! So many questions answered here. Now to see one in person.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting that. The photos really help to visualize what these gadgets are like.

Do those fender flares actually help prevent rust? Or do they make it more likely by trapping salt and water down inside? Anyone have experience with that?
I have the Bushwacker fender flares on my Bronco Sport and they attach with clips and screws in holes that are already provided for in the body and frame by Ford two of the plastic molding fasteners that are already present. There is a rubber gasket on the fender flares that prevent water from getting behind the flares and from rubbing on the paint. I'm ordering a set of the Bushwacker flares for my Maverick. The other flares that are being offered attach with silicone adhesive and double stick tape and I'm not too fond of that idea.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
NZ6Z-1613086-AA​
Floor Mat​
$139.65​
1​
$139.65​
VNZ6Z-16C900-C​
Deflector​
$71.02​
1​
$71.02​
VNZ6Z-18246-A​
Kit - Window Shade​
$71.02​
1​
$71.02​
VNZ6Z-99406A10-A​
Damper Assembly​
$40.95​
1​
$40.95​

Subtotal: $322.64. Fairway Ford Parts Online My Local Dealership wants full MSRP.

I already got a FedEx tracking order with a Sunday Home Delivery, I think it will likely not come until Monday, but we shall see. There were two parts they didn't have which was the mud flaps and black door seals. I ordered those from a local dealer.​

Last edited:

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Bushwacker fender flares on my Bronco Sport and they attach with clips and screws in holes that are already provided for in the body and frame by Ford two of the plastic molding fasteners that are already present. There is a rubber gasket on the fender flares that prevent water from getting behind the flares and from rubbing on the paint. I'm ordering a set of the Bushwacker flares for my Maverick. The other flares that are being offered attach with silicone adhesive and double stick tape and I'm not too fond of that idea.
Nor am I. I will look into this in more depth. That's very helpful. Thanks. 🤗

Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You had a 2007 Escape in the midwest that rusted away to the point of not being safe? Did you park it on a salt pile every night?
Not at all. In fact I live in a rural area where salt is not nearly as heavy as it is around Chicago. My husband's Focus came to a similar fate two years ago, even though he ran it through car wash equipment regularly where I tend to wash by hand with hose and bucket. Both vehicles were parked outdoors on our small farm, though.

I began seeing rust on the other '07 Escapes in the area even before it was evident on mine. My previous vehicle was a '97 Jeep Cherokee that spent a couple of years in Chicago before we moved out here. No rust when I traded it, but a lot more mechanical issues and poorer gas mileage than the Escape. I did enjoy driving both about equally, but admittedly am not a huge fan of driving. I wish I could ride my horse instead (which mostly invalidates my opinions probably.) 😋

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my biggest concern- our overhang in CA is 3’.
Thanks for mentioning - as a first time truck buyer, never gave the overhang limits a thought, but here in VA it appears just have to flag it if > 4' past the bed.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, that was fast. My accessories order shipped today, no items on backorder.
Today is a good day. :)

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I LOVE the hard roll-up bed cover, but am having trouble justifying a $1200 accessory on a truck that only cost me $25k. Any cheaper aftermarket options that have decent quality/similar style?

Sponsored

AlanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velo Blue Hybrid Maverick XL / Toyota Highlander
EDIT: Nevermind! Velocity Blue is now showing up...

PREVIOUSLY: I wonder why Velocity Blue isn't listed among the options for bed caps. ...

Last edited:

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Is the tailgate assist really just those gas charged struts you find in car trunks? If so, that's an easy 25 dollar savings by hitting up Amazon.
The aftermarket options I've seen for similar trucks are around $30-35 and super easy to install. Definitely doing it myself.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The aftermarket options I've seen for similar trucks are around $30-35 and super easy to install. Definitely doing it myself.
Anyone have a kit number to purchase from Amazon?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it's available yet, not much aftermarket stuff until companies can get their hands on a built truck.
Thanks (y)
Sponsored