FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know if the bed racks are compatible with tonneau covers?
this is from the build site.
92BEDBF1-0FCF-4B7D-B119-64A9EE30AE38.png
The HD Bars are compatible, but you'd have to swap out out the towers for Skyline Towers that are compatible with T-Slots.
Sponsored

e92miami

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What this truck really needs is a kit with one roof rack and one ladder rack for the bed that matches the roof rack's height to create a complete rack for something 8' or more, like a 11' paddle board. The regular ladder rack will be to close together for support and likewise with the roof rack.

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sweet! Looks like I’ll have the option to add the tow hitch at some later point.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would think it’s how well they’re designed. Most new SUVs and upper level trucks come with them. They help prevent chipping from stones etc… My BMW X5 came with them, as did my Escape and Ridgeline. No rust.

For clarification I lived in the northeast when I owned all but my Ridgeline..

I got smart and left the high-tax northeast. So no concerns about rust in SC is just icing on the cake! 😆
I just scrapped my 2007 Escape because it was too rusty for safety any more. It did not have flares. Our experience with flying stones here in the midwest has been that they usually damage the hood/bonnet or worse, chip your windshield. But road salt is the real eater of vehicles, no matter how often you try to wash it away.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw Cactus Gray but not Green. What gives you that idea? Did I miss it?

I saw this out at cars.com. It says Green and it looks green to me. Not sure what to make of it.

Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 1631205454058

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the idea of the Long Bar for kayaks but I'm also thinking that with the halfway setting on the tailgate + tiedowns to it should work just as well...

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What this truck really needs is a kit with one roof rack and one ladder rack for the bed that matches the roof rack's height to create a complete rack for something 8' or more, like a 11' paddle board. The regular ladder rack will be to close together for support and likewise with the roof rack.
I was thinking two bed rack rails and one roof rail.
I'll be carrying hardwood lumber. Unlike a kayak, it can sag if supported only at the front of the cab and back of the bed. I figure 3 points of support is ideal. 4 is probably redundant.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the tailgate assist really just those gas charged struts you find in car trunks? If so, that's an easy 25 dollar savings by hitting up Amazon.
Just gotta find the right one. I’m going to drop the extra $ on the OEM

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone already posted it was $50 from Ford and $35 from DeeZee.
That sounds like about what I paid for my Ranger version. I wouldn't try DIYing it as the mounts are still unique to the truck - its certainly not prohibitively expensive (really don't know why it isn't just included in the first place but whatever!).

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those roof racks that grip in the door suck for long term use. Too bad they didn't integrate something into the roof in the design like most SUVs.

I'm probably going to get a canopy and add racks or add an adjustable rack in the bed.

To those saying the gap on the racks for the bed is too short for kayaks - it's fine. I carried 18' kayaks on my honda element and the roof racks are pretty close together. If you have the right cradles/rack accessories it's a piece of cake for long kayaks or paddleboards, I didn't even need a front tiedown most of the time. As long as you can get 3'6" feet or more of separation between the crossbars in a bed rack you should be fine. Just make sure to add a red flag on the back though as they will stick out a ways :)

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did find this on their parts site:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/accessories/exterior/mudflap-kit-14200811-1

The way the picture is highlighted, maybe it includes both front, and back, flaps?
I doubt that since every other time I've ordered splash guards/flaps, it was $50 for the pair (front or rear), not a full set. I am guessing the rears are in limbo. As for the pictures, Ford has made weird mistakes before, like this one (realllly tiny doors on that 4 door, and realllly big doors on the 2 Door? And the 2-door version costs more?!? Nah... This one has since been fixed btw.):
Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 1631207233823

I suspect within a few days, we will see the site update with the correct rear flaps and photos. I know Ford is watching and fixing these up :)

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
A nice list of accessories. A little pricy as expected. I'm glad I included the trailer hitch in my XLT build. It was only $100. I figured that I couldn't get it aftermarket for that price. I'm still considering a Softopper for the back. Based on the price of the bed covers a Softopper is a bargain.

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look again. I don't think those are two different racks. It looks to me that it is a height adjustable rack. Base position is below the roof. Higher position is above. Not clear if max extension might be above the antenna.
I'm pretty sure they are showing 2 different racks, one is clearly adjustable and has a different base than the other.

Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 -2022 ford maverick Racks and Carriers by Yakima - Telescoping Side Bars, Short

Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 -2022 ford maverick Racks and Carriers by Yakima - Tool Holder, Rack-Mounted