jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone needs to read the OP post better. He had a dealer special 4% below invoice offer. So he could still get the Mav at below original MSRP price. But he is not happy with that.

Ford's price protection is only for original MSRP not anything less than that.
No... Price protection is from Ford to the dealer back to quoted invoice pricing at time of order.

MSRP is a suggested price, there's nothing for Ford to protect.

The dealer will pay what the original DORA/Order Preview from WBDO indicate, so long as the person who ordered the vehicle is the one who purchases it from the dealer.

Any 4% under invoice offer from an honest dealer would thus remain at the price originally quoted by the dealer to the customer, so long as you got that in writing. The amount the dealer pays doesn't change thus the amount the customer pays shouldn't, either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I e-mailed my salesperson the image from the price increase thread where it mentioned price protection about a week after it was announced as a heads up and followed up last by asking if they had worked out at the dealership how the price protection was going to work. My build week was bumped so I am still waiting for a window sticker but my Dora just has X-plan written on it so I didn't get a solid price back in July cause they said they didn't have any invoices to use for the calculations yet. I'll follow up again once I get a window sticker so I can start looking at financing while they ship it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My build week was bumped so I am still waiting for a window sticker but my Dora just has X-plan written on it so I didn't get a solid price back in July cause they said they didn't have any invoices to use for the calculations yet.
They should've been able to provide you with the Order Preview from WBDO with X-Plan pricing on it, did you not get that?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contacted the dealer asking if original quote of $33,775.30 plus $394 at msrp of $36,275 is still good.

Their reply was that they will honor 4% below current invoice.
Report them to Ford. Find the copy of the email that was sent out to dealers that's floated around some of the forums and Facebook pages, and email it to your dealership's general manager (or take it in). You have a copy of your original signed order so take that too.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like you may be encountering two different problems.

First, the MSRP increase. As others have said, that should not be a problem. Ford will adjust the price back to where it was under their "price protection" guarantee for orders before the increase.

Second, a dealer price increase. It may be that, like many others, you don't have a contract with the dealer locking down your original price. In that case the dealer is free to increase the price at the time of actual sale. Some do that openly by adding ADM. Your dealer may be trying to make himself look better by blaming it on the MSRP increase. (Even though he won't end up paying that increase to Ford because of the price protection. So he just puts the "MSRP increase" into his pocket.)

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should've been able to provide you with the Order Preview from WBDO with X-Plan pricing on it, did you not get that?
Nope. I spent a couple of weeks with them telling me they couldn't accept X-plan and then when I went in to test drive a ford hybrid and they saw I had the Xplan pricing from the build site they decided they could put my order in but couldn't confirm the pricing due to lack of invoices. I have asked (and reminded my salesperson) a few times that I wanted the out the door number as soon as it's available. I told them I wasn't trading anything but I think they are still hoping to sell me some extras.

My credit union's car loan approval is only good for 30 days ... so wasn't in any rush for the exact price. Unless I get bumped again I should get built the week of Feb 7th, so still a little early to go loan shopping.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s the principle not the amount.

I wrote in my original post that I will pursue other options. That includes looking locally for cancelled orders.
Oooh.. so instead of $890 more you're going to show them and pay $5,000 over MSRP to get one off a lot somewhere. That'll teach them, for sure.

I think you misunderstood the entire thing. Did they even give you the "current" invoice price?

This doesn't sound like Chapman to me. I have a final price, signed and in writing. Lariat Lux Hybrid.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I respect a man with principles and someone who is basically telling Ford I’m not playing your stupid game. There will come a day when everyone who wants a Maverick has one and Ford will be discounting them to try and sell some. And with the Mavericks “unexpected “ success there will be other automakers coming out with competition soon.
I also appreciate a person having principles and living by them (when it makes sense).

Since we're making predictions here, I suspect that AutoZone, NAPA, O'Reilly and Advance Auto Parts will buy or lease possibly tens of thousands of Ford Mavericks in the next few years. I don't see Ford having any "inventory reduction sales" anytime soon, if ever.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. I spent a couple of weeks with them telling me they couldn't accept X-plan and then when I went in to test drive a ford hybrid and they saw I had the Xplan pricing from the build site they decided they could put my order in but couldn't confirm the pricing due to lack of invoices. I have asked (and reminded my salesperson) a few times that I wanted the out the door number as soon as it's available. I told them I wasn't trading anything but I think they are still hoping to sell me some extras.

My credit union's car loan approval is only good for 30 days ... so wasn't in any rush for the exact price. Unless I get bumped again I should get built the week of Feb 7th, so still a little early to go loan shopping.
The dealer can pull up the Order Preview sheet in the system and view X-Plan pricing on it. They can literally generate that same sheet at any time by creating a mock order without actually submitting the order to Ford. There's nothing to wait for. Sounds like they have no idea what they're doing or are not being upfront with you.

It should look something like this (borrowed from a Bronco buyer). There's a column for X-Plan they can enable, and/or display X-Plan at the bottom in the totals section.

Ford Maverick For rewarded my patience with an $890.00 msrp increase 1642958696012

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$900? And you are walking? I don't get it. That's basically a monthly payment. Oh well. Someone else will enjoy your truck.

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contacted the dealer asking if original quote of $33,775.30 plus $394 at msrp of $36,275 is still good.

Please post this to the Chapman 4% thread, and if possible your email correspondence. We need them to answer/give more details on why, given they can get reimbursement from Ford on the higher invoice.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please post this to the Chapman 4% thread, and if possible your email correspondence. We need them to answer/give more details on why, given they can get reimbursement from Ford on the higher invoice.
I agree he should post it, but my theory is still that he 100% misunderstood.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the frustration, I sympathize with you on that. I can only hope I’m not worried about $900 on a new vehicle purchase when I’m 70 years old.
That's a shitty thing to say.

Anyway, to the op. You won't be sticking it to the dealer. If you cancel they'll make more money.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Was this with one of the Philadelphia chapman dealers?

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a “long hauler.”

Maverick I ordered July 5, 2021 is scheduled for production this week. The window sticker on the tracking tool was available yesterday. Total msrp increased $890.00 from msrp at time of order.

Lariat base, lux package and co-pilot prices increased

Using info found here, the truck was invoiced January 20, 2022.

Margins are thin on the Maverick, I’m guessing that even at 4% below invoice, looking at least an additional $800.

My issue is with Ford, not the dealer.

I am 70 years old and similar things occurred over the years with other past purchases. I was never happy regardless how well the item worked and regretted buying it.

For this reason, I decided to walk away and pursue other options.
You call either Ford Customer Service or Ford Marketing you should be fine with the original price. Before my Wife’s Maverick came in the tracking site showed that she was getting the drop in bedliner NOT the spray in as ordered. Not the case, she had the spray in and there was no price increase. Worth a call before you walk away and give the dealer 5 grand more to sell yours. Hell keep the order and sell it to CarMax you'll make at least 5 grand yourself. Don't go by the tracking website, go by your signed order. Good luck
Sponsored