2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a “long hauler.”

Maverick I ordered July 5, 2021 is scheduled for production this week. The window sticker on the tracking tool was available yesterday. Total msrp increased $890.00 from msrp at time of order.

Lariat base, lux package and co-pilot prices increased

Using info found here, the truck was invoiced January 20, 2022.

Margins are thin on the Maverick, I’m guessing that even at 4% below invoice, looking at least an additional $800.

My issue is with Ford, not the dealer.

I am 70 years old and similar things occurred over the years with other past purchases. I was never happy regardless how well the item worked and regretted buying it.

For this reason, I decided to walk away and pursue other options.
Sponsored

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They should honor your original pricing at time of order. @fordvideoguy mentioned that it will show the price increase on the window sticker but at the time of purchase it will revert to original pricing or whatever incentives there are at that time. Basically one or the other whichever is lower. You may just need to encourage the dealer in the right direction

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your original order price is being protected by ford. It is to be adjusted by by the dealer at time of delivery.

Ford will adjust the invoice price for the dealer to make it all equal.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a “long hauler.”

Maverick I ordered July 5, 2021 is scheduled for production this week. The window sticker on the tracking tool was available yesterday. Total msrp increased $890.00 from msrp at time of order.

Margins are thin on the Maverick, I’m guessing that even at 4% below invoice, looking at least an additional $800.

I am 70 years old and similar things occurred over the years with other past purchases. I was never happy regardless how well the item worked and regretted buying it.

Even though the window sticker might have shown the increased price, if you ordered before the December price increase your order is locked at the original MSRP.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They should honor your original pricing at time of order. @fordvideoguy mentioned that it will show the price increase on the window sticker but at the time of purchase it will revert to original pricing or whatever incentives there are at that time. Basically one or the other whichever is lower. You may just need to encourage the dealer in the right direction
Contacted the dealer asking if original quote of $33,775.30 plus $394 at msrp of $36,275 is still good.

Their reply was that they will honor 4% below current invoice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I am a “long hauler.”

Unfortunate situation. If I were that concerned over $800, I would simply go with a stardard XLT with Co-pilot. Still a very nice truck that many of us would want to own.

Too bad about you cancelling your order. Ford won't miss the order, but I suspect that every time you see a Maverick on the road, you will wish you were driving one.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunate situation. If I were that concerned over $800, I would simply go with a stardard XLT with Co-pilot.
It’s the principle not the amount.

I wrote in my original post that I will pursue other options. That includes looking locally for cancelled orders.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might ask about the price protection, unless you already jumped the gun and told them to pound sand.
Everyone needs to read the OP post better. He had a dealer special 4% below invoice offer. So he could still get the Mav at below original MSRP price. But he is not happy with that.

Ford's price protection is only for original MSRP not anything less than that.

Sponsored

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isn't there a $750 voucher floating around somewhere?

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a “long hauler.”

I respect a man with principles and someone who is basically telling Ford I’m not playing your stupid game. There will come a day when everyone who wants a Maverick has one and Ford will be discounting them to try and sell some. And with the Mavericks “unexpected “ success there will be other automakers coming out with competition soon.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks for freeing up a new Maverick for somebody who really WANTS one! (y)

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the frustration, I sympathize with you on that. I can only hope I’m not worried about $900 on a new vehicle purchase when I’m 70 years old.
Sponsored