Sponsored

For Real, If I Order on Sept 15, What’s The Soonest I Can Drive It?

LastDog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn, Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23MY production starts in mid November which means the first 2023s should be delivered in December. But keep in mind there are a bunch of 2022 orders that will be the first 23MY produced. I'm giving our customers the expectation of February at the earliest for a new 2023 order.
I hope Ford resolves their supply chain shortages soon and long before starting 2023 builds. We have been waiting for our 2022 XLT hybrid with Lux, CP360 (confirmed order 6/17/2022) in production since 07/08/2022 with a microchip hold. Ford cannot or will not tell what the microchip is for, when it will be available, when the truck will finish its build, or when it might ship. I wish you better results for your 2023 order, especially if you want Lux and CP360 packages.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

3 buisness days :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:o_O😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what order configuration would result in the earliest build date.
This isn't a hard question if you ignore the concept of different allocations to regions/dealers. Base XL EcoBoost with zero added options. Color will not matter, but might as well go with one of the colors that does not cost extra (I believe some aren't even available on an XL). That would be the "safest" order to do your best to be scheduled as early as possible.

Ohhh...and convincing your dealer to set yours at priority 10 and all the others at 19. Not that this will happen, but it is the only other thing you or your dealer can control.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m. Just going to throw this out there. Rail workers may go on strike, which will further cripple not only delivery of the Maverick, but will further cause delays of shipments of parts to Hermasillo. It will also throw a big monkey wrench for all Americans to buy goods, no matter where you shop, online or in a brick and mortar store.

Railworkers strike

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figure, based on the M22 fiasco and the current buying conditions, if I order a M23 in Sept. I'll get kicked over to M24. Maybe get a Maverick in Jan. 24.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to put in my order for a MY2023 Mav as soon as possible after the order bank opens.

I wonder what order configuration would result in the earliest build date.

Here are the key features for me:
1. Hybrid XLT. Reason: hybrid & cruise control.
2. Color: red, but blue would be ok, which seems to be dominant color now. (Reminds me of Ford Model Ts; you can have any color you want as long as it’s black.)
3. Package: Luxury, because I need 8 way power driver seat; I’m 6’3” and have back issues. (Have power seat in my Ford C-Max Hybrid and am very comfortable in this vehicle.)
4. Package: Co-Pilot 360, because I and wife need BLIS [blind side warning] and cross-traffic alert. (My neck does not twist as much as it used to. )

So, what do you all think? Would these options/features slow down my build significantly?
Yes it will. I ordered an eco lariat with Lux and co pilotin December. I like you am not very flexible. Have a build date Sep 26th. But don't plan on seeing the truck until November at the earliest. Get in as soon as you can maybe 23s will be better. Remember there are still people who ordered 22s that will be ahead of you.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really? That's a long time for delivery. Surely the very first order will get delivered within 12 months. Even as 5,000 per month, they should get the '22 backlog delivered by February (5 months of production and 1 month to deliver the ones made in January. Then, it shouldn't take Ford more than a month and a week or two to deliver the first 2023s. I'm figuring the first 2023s ordered in September of 2022 will be in customers hands by March 1st.

Of course, if Ford has more than 25,000 2022s to get through first, that could push everything back. But surely, 2023s will start showing up in October to some people (2022 roll-overs). It isn't like Ford will just shut down production for a couple months with this huge demand, right? Maybe they will but that'd be a shame to lose this momentum they've finally built up.
The last production week for 2022 is currently 11/7 (that might well change given all the VINs Ford has assigned recently and all the orders with VINs that have been pushed back). The first possible week 2023 models will get produced is 11/14. I'd be surprised if any of those first week trucks were delivered before January. Even if Ford only has 10,000 roll overs they would be lucky to get 5000 of them built before January 2023 (two weeks of 2023 production in November and two weeks of production in December before holiday shut-down). Then, of course, we have constraints, delivery problems, chip holds, etc. I'd be really surprised if all the 2022 roll overs are built by March. I would love the be wrong about that.

There will always be that "one guy" that places an order the first week 2023 ordering is open (and doesn't have a 2022 roll over) who gets a hybrid Lariat with every option available and still somehow takes delivery in January 2023. Ford is great at managing to do stuff like that, proving again and again that they really are not building trucks in the order they are received despite what they say. I've got two orders with VINs now and the older order is scheduled for build a month after the newer order. So much for first in first out. You cannot count on being that "one guy" so I would say new 2023 orders are in for a long road.

gills65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12 to 15 months. That's my guess

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The West coast does not want dirty gas engines anyway. I think they should move the new laws to 2023 not 2035. Then we get mavericks faster in other states. Then everybody will be happy.
I think it will take til 2028 for everyone to leave.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m hearing people say it can be in my driveway by December or January.

Is that possible?
I ordered my base XLT white with only a hitch on Sept 8th and 97 days later it arrived at dealer. Built Nov 30th.

Yes, it is possible.

Nothing from Ford (phone or email or website), everything from my Ford saleman and me poking around looking for window sticker.