Food for thought

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Edited 1/31/2023
No this post does not address the 2022 rollovers which quite frankly probably couldn't have been handled worse other than to tell customers, "
Sorry we didn't get to yours, but you can go to your dealer and try again by placing another order. Good luck next year." I'm just tired of those who, like me placed their orders in September and are whining because they have been waiting 3 1/2 months. The rollovers have a very legitimate gripe, but not the 2023 September orders. It seems they would complain if they didn't get an update email and complain when they do. SMH.
-------------original post--------------
I don’t understand why so many people are moaning and groaning about their 45 day emails. What do you expect Ford to do, build a years production in 3 months?
Here an analogy. A review of a new small 6 table farm to table restaurant goes viral on Social Media. The restaurant has great prices and great food. The restaurant has an online ordering system, so you order from your phone. On opening day, they get 5,000 dinner orders before shutting down the order system. They inform each customer that they have a full years’ worth of orders so are going to notify each customer one week before their scheduled dinner appointment. Because it’s farm to table they are dependent on local suppliers for their ingredients.
One surprise is that the grass feed beef has been over subscribed so they will only be able to supply half of those meals. They offer an option to change to free range chicken as their supplier can meet that demand. They also send a twice monthly email to thank their customers and let them, know their order is still in the system and they are cooking and serving as fast as they can.

{Cross posted}
Sponsored

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really, and what about those who have been waiting 18+ months and continue to be pushed back? You don’t understand their frustration?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The analogy is great until someone who ordered later than another gets to eat first!!:cautious: Than it goes to h-ll in a handbasket. However, this post is so good on describing the food that I am now headed for the refrigerator!!;)

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The analogy is great until someone who ordered later than another gets to eat first!!:cautious: Than it goes to h-ll in a handbasket. However, this post is so good on describing the food that I am now headed for the refrigerator!!;)
Day 454...and I'm hungry now too.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Brilliant. Another - it isnt Ford's fault post. Lets see, Ford knew how many trucks it could build in a year. Ford in the first year had thousands of orders that were unfilled and allowed them to roll over. In the second year Ford did NOTHING to ensure that they didn't make the same mistake as the year before - THEN they stated they would only build 35% of the trucks as hybrid yet 75%of their orders were hybrid even though they advertise the hybrid drivetrain as the STANDARD -
Knowing that thousands more orders will not be built the second year they still do NOTHING and at the end of year two there will be even more thousands of people Ford let sit for a year with no possibility of getting their order filled and then on top of that Ford says hey - we aren't going to allow rollover orders from 23 to 24 .......

yeah thanks for the "analogy" but like the scene in the movie "As Good As It Gets "

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.”

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don’t understand why so many people are moaning and groaning about their 45 day emails. What do you expect Ford to do, build a years production in 3 months?
Here an analogy. A review of a new small 6 table farm to table restaurant goes viral on Social Media. The restaurant has great prices and great food. The restaurant has an online ordering system, so you order from your phone. On opening day, they get 5,000 dinner orders before shutting down the order system. They inform each customer that they have a full years’ worth of orders so are going to notify each customer one week before their scheduled dinner appointment. Because it’s farm to table they are dependent on local suppliers for their ingredients.
One surprise is that the grass feed beef has been over subscribed so they will only be able to supply half of those meals. They offer an option to change to free range chicken as their supplier can meet that demand. They also send a twice monthly email to thank their customers and let them, know their order is still in the system and they are cooking and serving as fast as they can.

{Cross posted}
One thing I have learned on MTC is:

Members here DO NOT LIKE analogies.

dillon_116

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Food for thought 75D2773B-4181-45F7-929B-93C5A281003A

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Standard Hybrid? So Ford isn't charging MORE for a powertrain most prefer and that becomes a problem for some if Ford cannot build 75% Hybrid.
The "standard" engine in an F-150 is the 3.3 liter non turbo V6. Guess how many F-150's actually come with the "Standard" engine?
The truth is that the 2.0 EB powertrain is superior in every way but fuel economy. And if you run highway a lot it is close. I would have ordered an EB...even though I really like the Hybrid ( owned a new Cmax and really liked that car). The money saved in fuel honestly isn't a factor to me.
I have to have a Hybrid as it is the only version you can flat tow. Why can't Ford build more vehicles that can flat two without too much hassle. Jeep owns that market and Ford is missing sales because of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really, and what about those who have been waiting 18+ months and continue to be pushed back? You don’t understand their frustration?

I've updated my post to clarify that.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truth is that the 2.0 EB powertrain is superior in every way but fuel economy. And if you run highway a lot it is close. I would have ordered an EB...even though I really like the Hybrid ( owned a new Cmax and really liked that car). The money saved in fuel honestly isn't a factor to me.
I have to have a Hybrid as it is the only version you can flat tow. Why can't Ford build more vehicles that can flat two without too much hassle. Jeep owns that market and Ford is missing sales because of it.
Agreed, one of the reasons I ordered the Hybrid is I plan to flat tow it.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

See my update. Yes rollovers is a way different problem.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Standard Hybrid? So Ford isn't charging MORE for a powertrain most prefer and that becomes a problem for some if Ford cannot build 75% Hybrid.
The "standard" engine in an F-150 is the 3.3 liter non turbo V6. Guess how many F-150's actually come with the "Standard" engine?
I can see you are new here so Ill enlighten you - the first year ford charged $1085 more for the ecoboost. They have advertised this as a hybrid STANDARD truck and 75% of the orders are for that drivetrain ( because it IS for the gas milage ) Ford is now only going to build 35% of orders as hybrids then Ford came out in 2023 and "allowed" all those orders to switch to the ecoboost at no charge but you are probably right those 75% of hybrid orders - those are from the people that want / need to flat tow and dont care about the milage :ROFLMAO: ..........

Last edited:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed, one of the reasons I ordered the Hybrid is I plan to flat tow it.
I wonder if you will be so forgiving if after a year you get an email - thanks for waiting but no truck for you. You can place another order tho ......

Ford Maverick Food for thought soupnazi_ copy
Sponsored