First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im taking delivery next weekend and want to spray it with something to help protect it from road salt here in Ohio. Has anyone sprayed their trucks with fluidfilm (or another similar spray)? How many cans did you use? Where all did you spray?
Sponsored

Scott440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
NE Ohio where I get no respect from some dealers..
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im taking delivery next weekend and want to spray it with something to help protect it from road salt here in Ohio. Has anyone sprayed their trucks with fluidfilm (or another similar spray)? How many cans did you use? Where all did you spray?
I took my 2000 Jeep Cherokee into Krown here in Northeast Ohio. They put it on a lift and did a good job with a wand which got in all the hard to reach spaces. Believe I paid around 149.00. They sell aerosol cans around 12.95. I bet it would take a lot of cans to DIY but who knows? I may take my maverick there when it comes in.
Main reason I bought the maverick was I am just waiting for the brake lines to rust through and other stuff to crap out on my Cherokee. They recommend once per year but think you may get away with every 2 years or so. I was recently under my Jeep doing exhaust and didn't see any new rust even though I had it done 2 years ago..and hope you have a gravel driveway because that stuff dripped for a few days..LOL

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took about 3 cans of Fluid Film to do my Fusion. Maverick being a little larger and with areas up in the bed sides might take 4 or 5. I focus on the panel seams/edges, rockers, and into any openings first. After that hardware and body that is merely galvanized so flat gray looking. Then some of the painted metal that are thinner stampings or might need maintenance later like the fuel tank straps, and sway bar bushing clamps. I didn't do the screws and metal escutcheons for the front bumper/engine aero plates and should have as they got pretty crusty. Up top panel edges like the door bottoms, fender wheel rim, and fender bottoms adjoining the bumper and rockers where they like to rust. Reapply annually although that only takes 2 cans or so.

Fluid Film doesn't have the above issue with dripping as it stays in place on contact unless you're really hosing it on. Although it does give off a musty farm smell for a day or two.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking about ziebarts doing mine if/when I ever get the truck. The online reviews and YouTube videos do not look very promising though. Seems like the main issue is water getting trapped and rusting from the inside out.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was into offroading for many years with an FJCruiser and a couple of Jeeps. Fluid film is great stuff, I use it on the underside of my lawnmower deck too. It's non-conductive so it's excellent for protecting electrical connections. I spray it inside any holes in the structure using a nozzle. No need to apply it excessively and dripping off, that's just wasting product. Here's a pic of the kind of stuff I did and why I used it on my FJ.

Ford Maverick Fluidfilm type undercoatings? 17
Sponsored