kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wanting to pick up a set of floor jack pinch weld pucks to not use the bare floor jack metal "bowl" on my vehicles when I do oil changes and such. Not much as far as useful reviews I can find. Any of you have any experience opinions with a good brand/manufacturer? Thanks
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They all are going to split eventually. Especially if they are the kind with a groove already cut in the puck.

I got a 2 pack of whatever was cheap on Amazon. If they last a couple "lifts" each, money well spent.

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I got mine from Flyin Miata. It wasn't particularly cheap...about $20 but I have had it for 2 years now. I have had the car up dozens of times and still looks like the day I bought it.

Reactions: wjg

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even thought its done I never jack up a vehicle on a pinch weld area.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've always cut a short section of 2x4 and made a couple passes over the table saw ro make a kerf. They last until I lose them.

Can be a clearance challenge on a low car like a Mini, but should be no problem on the Mav.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 GT500 SE Wide Body
I have been using these for years and they work mint. Pinch welds are in perfect condition on all my vehicles. Got them on Amazonian and they are not too expensive. I highly recommend them.

Ford Maverick Floor jack pinch weld pucks IMG_1167.JPG

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Safer, but you can't use them for anything that requires you to remove a tire. You really need to be able to use both.
Correct. When I'm under any vehicle, I want ramps or jack stands. Never just a hydraulic jack.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wanting to pick up a set of floor jack pinch weld pucks to not use the bare floor jack metal "bowl" on my vehicles when I do oil changes and such. Not much as far as useful reviews I can find. Any of you have any experience opinions with a good brand/manufacturer? Thanks
Find a friend who plays hockey. I got a free puck from them, hack saw for a small grove if you want. Holds up much better then any rubber option on amazon.

Sponsored

P0PT0P

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been using these for years and they work mint. Pinch welds are in perfect condition on all my vehicles. Got them on Amazonian and they are not too expensive. I highly recommend them.

IMG_1167.JPG
I have 4 of these I have used for awhile with my quick jack. They work great. I had one that I used with the floor jack before buying a quick jack and it was just as useful, which is the exact scenario OP is wanting.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used a floor jack to change a flat on my mav. I didn't feel like doing the Scissor jack twist. So, I cut about 5 inches off a 2x4 and cut a 1 inch deep channel about a quarter inch wide. Worked like a charm! Now i just keep that 2x4 piece with the floor jack.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
How safe do you feel being under an engine hoisted by Harbor Freight ramps? The thought terrifies me.
My wife has a good lawyer. :) Do you really think Harbor Freight would be in business if all there equipment was maiming and killing people.
Sponsored