paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked the app on my phone and it shows the location where the truck is parked on both the "vehicle" screen and the "map" screen. So I wonder what the benefit of having LoJack would be?
The dealer has access to the LoJack, almost guaranteed. The Dealer does NOT have access to the Ford GPS, almost guaranteed.

That is why.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
we test drove a car from a used lot this summer, after I got down the street popped the hood to look around and there was a funky lame-looking device attached to the battery posts.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post #6 for the win..

Good luck OP

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Question: doesn't Ford Pass have a GPS already built in? I know exactly where my wife's Escape is at all times via the app.
I just checked the app on my phone and it shows the location where the truck is parked on both the "vehicle" screen and the "map" screen. So I wonder what the benefit of having LoJack would be?
The vehicle isn't registered to the FordPass app until it's purchased. At least mine wasn't. I registered the vehicle in the app after purchase.

From the customer's perspective, I'm not seeing the need for installing the LoJack device. Why would anyone accept the free year of LoJack when the FordPass app already tracks vehicle location for free?

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lo-Jack used to be the bee's knees, now there's the Ford Pass App and Apple/Android tab trackers. Of course with LJ the police have access to your vehicle's location when you report it stolen which hopefully increase the chances of it being recovered, and decreases the time thieves have to load your car onto a shipping container lined with aluminum foil. FPA and the Tab trackers involve you being on the phone with the police (or better yet, riding shotgun with lights and sirens going) trying to locate your vehicle (AFAIK anyway)

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the customer's perspective, I'm not seeing the need for installing the LoJack device. Why would anyone accept the free year of LoJack when the FordPass app already tracks vehicle location for free?
The main advantage to the LoJack (in MA, at least) is that MSP or local cops with LoJack receivers cruising the area can pick it up and pinpoint the exact location. FordPass would require the owner to track the vehicle and relay the information, assuming the vehicle is somewhere it's able to connect with FordPass.

Right now, FordPass cannot connect with our Fusion, which my wife has up in Maine, because the service at the house up there is very spotty. It would not be at the last address FordPass has for it.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lojack for car theft is pretty useless nowadays. When it first came out in the 90s we had 1 cruiser with the system installed. By the time I retired a few years back there wasn't one cruiser with the system in it. When we had it we found 1 car that I can remember but we did locate a chop shop. The shop didn't know what the modules were and were tossing them in a barrel out back!
They are smarter now.
I doubt that it's a lojack the dealers just call it that so you think it's for your benefit not theirs.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lojack for car theft is pretty useless nowadays. When it first came out in the 90s we had 1 cruiser with the system installed. By the time I retired a few years back there wasn't one cruiser with the system in it. When we had it we found 1 car that I can remember but we did locate a chop shop. The shop didn't know what the modules were and were tossing them in a barrel out back!
They are smarter now.
I doubt that it's a lojack the dealers just call it that so you think it's for your benefit not theirs.

Kinda unrelated to this thread but....tell me more about this chop shop bust

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Police in Maryland used to have a lot of cruisers equipped with LoJack receivers. I bet LoJack subsidized those installs. I'm not sure they have any cruisers with LoJack receivers any more.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes LoJack receivers were provided by LoJack Company . They placed 4 short antennas in a small 8 inch square. On the roof of the patrol car.They worked well, and most departments had at least 1 or 2 equipped. But honestly in 35 years as a police officer, I have never ever, ever heard of a stolen vehicle being recovered by VIN etching. That SIR is a huge scam.

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Removed!
Ford Maverick Flashing red and green light under the dash near dead pedal nolojack

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Strange that something meant to track your vehicle would be so obvious for thieves to be able to remove.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Installing it in the most obvious, visible area. Idiots.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was probably installed by the. Wife so she could track her husband. My wife told me about a friend of hers husband put a thing like this to track her car. When she found out it was almost divorce court. Have it removed and be done with it. I turned off the ford tracker. In my opinion it is a violation of my privacy.
Sponsored