Sponsored

FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t

NavyEmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Coggin Ford in Jacksonville told me they were allowed to add 5k on new car & trucks by Ford. The are also adding a $955 dealer option on ALL new sales.
Ford Maverick FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t IMG_4942-1
Sponsored

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hoping for a similar experience. I met with Anthony in May before I headed north for the summer (yeah, one of those) and built one based on the '22 and agreed we'd update when '23 changes were available. Did a phone call and some emails when the order banks opened in September. I'm confirmed and in for a long wait but that's the way it is. I have a good car until that happens.
Hope you do too.. I was expecting a little push back but now I could‘ nt be happier with the deal.. I waited almost a year for mine and the dealership guarantees the engine for life, for you.

FloridaNative

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sunstate Ford did not up charge anything on my order.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody here buy that Area 51 XLT Hybrid at Elder Ford yesterday? I knew somebody would buy it.

Damn near $36K OTD.

Ford Maverick FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t area51.PNG

Sponsored

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Havana Ford just outside Tallahasse charges MSRP plus $299 for their dealer fee. I have had a pleasurable experience with them so far.

ziotomasso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Delray Ford and Pompano Ford were lousy to try and work with, had additional charges and up charges. Delray even had a $1,000 fee for someone to pay cash. How they sell cars with this no idea but not good.

On the good side - we chose Sawgrass Ford because they were great to work with and no additional charges - very simple, very straightforward. Sales rep has called us with updates, put in the order correctly, etc. If we continue on this path and take possession with no issue they will get an A+.
Bad-Paul Clark Ford in Fernandina Beach
Good-Duval Ford of Jacksonville

Vince

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to Ford of Kendall initially but I refused to place an order until they gave me the price details. When I saw that they slipped in some markups, I refused to order.

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Duval Ford was actually pleasant to deal with. MSRP and out the door in 30 minutes! Only tried the window tint add on with me, which I declined, and the didn't pester me about it. Would buy from them again.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my 23 ordered through Garber Ford in Green Cove Springs. I bought my 2013 CMax from them and they were great. I went back to them after no one at Bozard Ford in St Augustine would return my call to order a 23. 🤞🏻mine is built next week unless the new recall slows it down.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Funny, bozard ford never called me back either when I was looking to order. Hope good come soon with your mav. Sounds like you should have it by the end of July. Took about 2-3 weeks to get to jax after it was built.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone else dealt with Autonation Ford in Panama City? I bought my MY22 AWD Ecoboost XL from them in December '21. There was no ADM, but they added all kind of crap, including what I was told was an extended warranty, but turned out to be a basic service plan which is pretty much useless. I have a MY23 FX4 Ecoboost XLT on order from them and I'm hoping they don't try this again. I know the nitrogen filled tires was a lie, because all four tires were way over inflated (43-46 lbs). So either lie or incompetent service tech (although they are not mutually exclusive). I intend on bringing my tire gauge with me and if they pull this stunt again when I go to pick up my FX4, I'm asking them why they are lying to me. I'm hoping things will be different this time, but I'm not too optimistic.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone else dealt with Autonation Ford in Panama City? I bought my MY22 AWD Ecoboost XL from them in December '21. There was no ADM, but they added all kind of crap, including what I was told was an extended warranty, but turned out to be a basic service plan which is pretty much useless. I have a MY23 FX4 Ecoboost XLT on order from them and I'm hoping they don't try this again. I know the nitrogen filled tires was a lie, because all four tires were way over inflated (43-46 lbs). So either lie or incompetent service tech (although they are not mutually exclusive). I intend on bringing my tire gauge with me and if they pull this stunt again when I go to pick up my FX4, I'm asking them why they are lying to me. I'm hoping things will be different this time, but I'm not too optimistic.
See if you can email your salesmen and get an out the door invoice. Tell them you're financing and want to shop around so you have your ducks in row when it arrives. Hopefully they won't have all the extras in the invoice they send you or the the one they show you when you get your fx4. Sounds like this dealership is just shady. I can't stand add-ons that they have to put on. BS. Good Luck
Sponsored