First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't look like they sell at MSRP on their website. The have one available that says MSRP of $23,900 + $2,500 in options. When you look at the Window Sticker, it is a base model of $21,400 so they are jacking up the "MSRP" price $2,500 then adding an additional $2,500 in "options" aka. ADM so they are really jacking the car price up $5,000.
That would be an in Stock one I would guess - even Long MacArthur sells existing Stock with additional charges given the market. Custom Orders have no dealer fee’s - as noted on their custom order website:

Ford Maverick FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t 1643064668741
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That would be an in Stock one I would guess - even Long MacArthur sells existing Stock with additional charges given the market. Custom Orders have no dealer fee’s - as noted on their custom order website:

1643064668741.png
Yes, I understand. I think the OP was talking about those listing them for above MSRP. I haven't found a dealer yet, including Mullinax, that isn't listing on the lot Mavericks that aren't marking them up, at least not hybrids.

Metric

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is concerning considering I already placed my order at the Pompano ford location. I did not see any markups on the order sheet. Am I expected to see them when the car arrives?

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is concerning considering I already placed my order at the Pompano ford location. I did not see any markups on the order sheet. Am I expected to see them when the car arrives?
With any luck they will work with you. If not and they charge you, get them to throw in a bunch of accessories or service.

Sponsored

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Add Greenway Orlando to the list charging over MSRP for orders. My husband agreed to pay $1500 over MSRP back in Oct. They have been useless w any help, I have been chasing info down myself. Greenway is also selling on site Mavericks for $10,000+ over MSRP, I called on one and was told $38k. not even a Lariat.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add Greenway Orlando to the list charging over MSRP for orders. My husband agreed to pay $1500 over MSRP back in Oct. They have been useless w any help, I have been chasing info down myself. Greenway is also selling on site Mavericks for $10,000+ over MSRP, I called on one and was told $38k. not even a Lariat.
Sorry to hear about the poor treatment! Thank you and I added them to the list.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Delray Ford and Pompano Ford were lousy to try and work with, had additional charges and up charges. Delray even had a $1,000 fee for someone to pay cash. How they sell cars with this no idea but not good.

On the good side - we chose Sawgrass Ford because they were great to work with and no additional charges - very simple, very straightforward. Sales rep has called us with updates, put in the order correctly, etc. If we continue on this path and take possession with no issue they will get an A+.
That’s when you finance and then call ford credit for the payoff a week later. Unscrupulous dealers like to tell customers you have to wait three months to pay off your loan. That’s just not true, at three months they get their kick back but you can pay off whenever as it’s a simple interest loan. They lie, you might as well too.

say ok, I’ll wait and then pay off immediately so they don’t get their kick back

Last edited:

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post and I agree 100% calling out these dealers marking up a car over MSRP! When the time comes for me to pickup my hybrid and they mark it up...I will be talking very loud in the dealership, telling them I'm going to use social media to call them out and demanding deposit back if I don't get it at MSRP.

Sponsored

e92miami

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watching this thread closely, I recently helped my 84 year old father look for a Accord or Camry. I spent 6 hours driving around south FL dealers and they ranged from $2000-9000 in mark ups or adding trash to the car like rustproofing and hydrogen air, as if they think we were born yesterday. A Delray Toyota dealership even had the balls to add a $6000 charge stating it was a "Environmental and Safety fee" instead of just being honest and saying "market adjustment" (I guess they wanted their customers to be angry with the mean "environmentalists") When I asked why it said $899 extra for window tint outside the Toyota factory window sticker and it didn't have any tint he tried to convince me that the $899 was from the factory for the light tint that come standard on most cars. I know dealers are hurting but the way most are going about it is hurting their already poor reputation.

I want to get a Maverick but this experience has me thinking Tesla and Rivian have the right idea to do away with scumbag dealers.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading some of the threads in this group I decided to call Gary Yeomans in Daytona Beach and ask them about an up charge on my truck. The salesman told me absolutely, anywhere from $2995 to $10,000 and he said every dealer was because they are in such demand. I told him not everyone was and Ford did not like them adding fees. He said Gary Yeomans doesn’t care about what the customer thinks because people will pay a premium on the same day someone else cancels!

Let‘s get this list together and maybe Ford Motor Company will take notice.

Add on charges:
1. Gary Yeomans Ford - Palm Bay, Daytona Beach
2. Delray Ford
3. Pompano Ford
4. Midway Ford
5. Ford of Kendall
6. Greenway Orlando

No add on charges
1. Sawgrass Ford
2. Mullinax Ford - new orders only?
3. Bozard Ford - St Augustine
4. Bill Jarrett Ford - Avon Park - possibly a discount
5. Kelly Ford - Melbourne - Andre Mannian
I’m tempted to add one more category: ScumBag Dealers - Gary Yeoman’s in Daytona Beach, Dillon Wood, salesman and Mike Holland, Sales Manager! Daily calls and texts with salesman (unreturned calls to manager) then on Monday the truck arrives at the dealership and the salesman calls to tell me the truck had been damaged in transit and had to be returned, but they don’t take pictures? Thanks to a MTC member who ran a Carfax on the VIN I now know it was sold on Tuesday probably because someone offered to pay more 😡 if you think this is just wrong join the rest of us and write a review. But by all means stay away and tell your friends about this dishonest dealer!
Sponsored