WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think along the lines of a tennis racket. Handle/stalk inserted into the FITS slot of the rear of the center console, spreading out into a panel with a grid or honeycomb pattern acting as a screen to discourage pets in the rear seat from moving to the front through the gap between the seats.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think along the lines of a tennis racket. Handle/stalk inserted into the FITS slot of the rear of the center console, spreading out into a panel with a grid or honeycomb pattern acting as a screen to discourage pets in the rear seat from moving to the front.
Think along the lines of a tennis racket. Handle/stalk inserted into the FITS slot of the rear of the center console, spreading out into a panel with a grid or honeycomb pattern acting as a screen to discourage pets in the rear seat from moving to the front.
I ordered he Co-Pilot 360 . I thought this was so the dog could do the driving!?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bold title choice 😬

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think along the lines of a tennis racket. Handle/stalk inserted into the FITS slot of the rear of the center console, spreading out into a panel with a grid or honeycomb pattern acting as a screen to discourage pets in the rear seat from moving to the front through the gap between the seats.
Not a bad idea. Someone, somewhere has the skills to design and print that I'm sure. We just got to get this idea to them.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Better yet, a dog harness strapped into the clip for the child seat behind the rear seat back. Your dog won't become a projectile in a sudden stop. The racket thing in a FITS slot won't even slow your pet down.

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know, right?! Doesn't anyone dress up in a gimp suit with a ball gag in their mouth any more? Geez! 🤣😉
Glad i read the whole thread before i posted pictures…. That was a close call!!! Hahaha!!!

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having the piece extend way up while only being anchored down at the single FITs slot would probably mean that the moment the dog sticks their claws in the mesh and pulls down, they'd have so much leverage that the FITS slot would likely break at the tabs. Your idea would likely work pretty well though if you made it in such a way as to anchor at both the FITS slot and also two hooks up top that grab a headrest post on either side.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Having the piece extend way up while only being anchored down at the single FITs slot would probably mean that the moment the dog sticks their claws in the mesh and pulls down, they'd have so much leverage that the FITS slot would likely break at the tabs. Your idea would likely work pretty well though if you made it in such a way as to anchor at both the FITS slot and also two hooks up top that grab a headrest post on either side.
Thats why I dont really get the FITS slots. They should have been capable of holding say a 40 or 50lb dynamic load and they should have been above every door, on the seat backs, in the bed, on each door, and 2 above the rear window. Then they would be useful for things other than simply a cup holder or trashcan. I imagine them being a mounting point for mobile office organizing, various commercial truck kit builds, overlanding packing, and so on.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are plenty of leashes on the market that also has a universal seatbelt tongue on it so you can basically attach your pet to any of the seatbelt clips, and that will solve your problem and also would be safer for your pet if you get into an accident, so he/she does not go through your windshield...

Edit: This one looks good, it's both a regular leash, and has the seatbelt tongue on it as well:
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad