Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick FITS Accessory Ideas 2022-ford-maverick-first-look-45-

I won't say it was the reason I ordered a Maverick, but the Ford Integrated Tether System (FITS) is a fun DIY feature I like. Based on the Maverick feature sheet and the photo above, there are two FITS slots in the under-seat storage, and one on the rear console.

Ford has already suggested things like cup holders, double hooks, and cord organizer. What other ideas do you have for these slots?

Here are some of mine:
  • phone/tablet holder
  • dock for a wireless charging pad
  • coiled extension cord holder
  • storage divider
I have 3D modeling software and a 3D printer so I will definitely be testing some of these ideas once Ford releases the dimensions for the slot, or when I can get the measurements from my Mav.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 3D modeling software and a 3D printer so I will definitely be testing some of these ideas once Ford releases the dimensions for the slot, or when I can get the measurements from my Mav.
Name checks out. I would like something to hold tools (ratchets, impact driver, etc). We always have a tool bag in the back of our car and it would be nice to have them super organized in this space. Maybe even a spot for a tire inflator and other car items.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
Ford Maverick FITS Accessory Ideas 2022-ford-maverick-first-look-45-

I won't say it was the reason I ordered a Maverick, but the Ford Integrated Tether System (FITS) is a fun DIY feature I like. Based on the Maverick feature sheet and the photo above, there are two FITS slots in the under-seat storage, and one on the rear console.

Ford has already suggested things like cup holders, double hooks, and cord organizer. What other ideas do you have for these slots?

Here are some of mine:
  • phone/tablet holder
  • dock for a wireless charging pad
  • coiled extension cord holder
  • storage divider
A condom dispenser, only real men drive Mavericks. Women can tell when a man is over compensating with his diesel dually. with no trailer to tow! 😂

Mr.e

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord
I'm looking forward to testing a few prints out as well. I'm relieved that there will be cup holders in the fold-down arm rest in the rear, as I would be too worried about PLA snapping off while holding heavy-ish drinks. Guess that would depend on how good my modeling skills are (or just print it in ABS). A tablet system might be worth visiting, having it angled slightly upward for easier viewing by the rear passengers - similar to the Tesla model S.
Ford Maverick FITS Accessory Ideas download

OP
OP
theEngineer

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll probably use PETG for any prints that go in the truck. I'm worried that PLA might start to melt/droop on a hot summer day.

Sponsored

Ken_Ohki

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that’s in the back more than likely that Plug can’t be used for android auto or Apple CarPlay. It’s likely power only, notice the battery icon next to it.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A small trash can or garbage bag holder. I keep a small trash can in the backseat but has a tendency to fall over.
Ford is bringing a trash can with their Fits kit.
Sponsored