Sponsored

Fit 2 infant/toddler car seats in back seat?

arobulack

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
We're considering purchasing a Maverick and we're wondering about space in the back seat. We have a toddler who sits in a car seat backwards and are expecting an new baby soon. Has anyone fit two infant/toddler car seats in the Maverick? If so, what's the impact on legroom in the front. We're concerned mainly, of course, with the driver's position, but we also want to be comfortable in the passenger seat.
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back seat is set up with 2 LATCH systems (L & R). The tether is behind the folding seat back bench. Rear facing car seats will not adversely affect the distance of the front seats or legroom.

It is pretty roomy. I'm 6' tall and have plenty of legroom in the back when the front seat is set into my driving position.

Not sure, call the local dealer to see if they have a Mav you can sit in.

OP
OP

arobulack

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Back seat is set up with 2 LATCH systems (L & R). The tether is behind the folding seat back bench. Rear facing car seats will not adversely affect the distance of the front seats or legroom.

It is pretty roomy. I'm 6' tall and have plenty of legroom in the back when the front seat is set into my driving position.

Not sure, call the local dealer to see if they have a Mav you can sit in.
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately (surprisingly!), our local dealer just got a few in so we'll be able to try it out this weekend.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately (surprisingly!), our local dealer just got a few in so we'll be able to try it out this weekend.
I see you will be ordering a XLT. I ordered the Lariat Hybrid First Edition in Rapid Red. No regrets whatsoever (No more Rapid Red, and FE only happens once, right?)

M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid XLT with 3 kids ages 6 months - 5 years and I regularly seat all three car seats in the back. The 6-month old is in the middle in a rear-facing Graco Click-Connect car seat, the middle child is in a front-facing car seat behind the driverā€™s seat, and the 5-year-old is behind the passenger seat in a booster. Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ and my wife is 5ā€™11ā€. All of us ride in comfort without any issues. If it werenā€™t for the fact that we plan to have more kids, I would plan on replacing our van with ā€˜23 Maverick.

Sponsored

Mike_FL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 XLT on order
This good info. Have first kid on the way and this was one of the concerns I had about trading my Ridgeline for a Maverick. Wife has a spacious SUV, so the Mav would be backup family car anyway.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Fit 2 infant/toddler car seats in back seat?
Sorry man but this is a pass. Are the 2 infant seats gonna fit now? Sure they will but kids grow and get bigger. You think that your diaper bag is big now but just wait until it gets so much bigger when they get older. IMO the Mav is not the vehicle of choice for a growing family.

OP
OP

arobulack

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I have a hybrid XLT with 3 kids ages 6 months - 5 years and I regularly seat all three car seats in the back. The 6-month old is in the middle in a rear-facing Graco Click-Connect car seat, the middle child is in a front-facing car seat behind the driverā€™s seat, and the 5-year-old is behind the passenger seat in a booster. Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ and my wife is 5ā€™11ā€. All of us ride in comfort without any issues. If it werenā€™t for the fact that we plan to have more kids, I would plan on replacing our van with ā€˜23 Maverick.
Thanks for sharing the details, it's very helpful. We tried putting our current car seat in behind both the driver and passenger seat and found space to be satisfactory. It was surprising because getting the seat in a Ridgeline is a bit of an issue. It seems to be related to dashboard design. The dashboard in the Maverick seems to be shallower, providing more space in the front seat for knees.

M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing the details, it's very helpful. We tried putting our current car seat in behind both the driver and passenger seat and found space to be satisfactory. It was surprising because getting the seat in a Ridgeline is a bit of an issue. It seems to be related to dashboard design. The dashboard in the Maverick seems to be shallower, providing more space in the front seat for knees.
Itā€™s weird, but the Maverick has more interior room than the Ranger. My guess is itā€™s because it rides lower.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rear facing makes any vehicle a tight squeeze. If behind the driver or passenger it can really squeeze space but it all depends on how tall you are and how much room you need. It's totally doable.

The Mav has a relatively flat (and wide) rear seat which makes it pretty good to squeeze seats in.

My kids are (Very soon to be) 4, 6, and 8. The 4 year old is almost as big as my 8 year old (one's a giant, the other is a little small for her age) so they are all in forward facing boosters - with only the 4 year old getting a back for road trips.

My bronco was great space wise but had a weird hump at where the seat base met the seat back which caused some fitment issues. That's not present on the Mav.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost