Sponsored

First sighting of the unicorn (Maverick)

Stw995

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was driving past a local dealer and spotted a Maverick in the lot. Was able to stop and see the vehicle in person, I was able to sit inside as this was an order for someone else.
I must say I was surprised on the size, much bigger then expected.
I drive an 2002 4Runner and the Maverick had more room in the front seats and a little less in back seats. Over all the Maverick was about the same size as my 4Runner.
now just have to wait to order 2023 model.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many reviewers have called it a "trucklette," a "tiny truck," etc.

Having driven a '89 Toyota Pickup for 20 years (which I loved, and never thought of as too small), I can say with certainty that the Maverick is actually quite large in comparison. The first time I saw one in person, I was really surprised at the size. Now that I have one, I still think of it as a "big" truck!

There's a HUGE amount of truck bloat out there, so it truly is small compared to a jacked up F250--or even a regular F150. I've seen the Ranger referred to as a compact! Funny how perspectives change, eh?

I find it amazing that my "big" hybrid Maverick gets so much better fuel efficiency than my old Toyota. Engineering has come a long way. Safer as well.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supposedly Texas has the second largest allocation of Mavs, but I haven't seen a single one on the streets in the wild yet, although I have seen several other 2022 models. Whoever shows up at their home improvement store parking lot with one anytime soon should expect some harassment from random people asking them about it, heh!

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was driving past a local dealer and spotted a Maverick in the lot. Was able to stop and see the vehicle in person, I was able to sit inside as this was an order for someone else.
I must say I was surprised on the size, much bigger then expected.
I drive an 2002 4Runner and the Maverick had more room in the front seats and a little less in back seats. Over all the Maverick was about the same size as my 4Runner.
now just have to wait to order 2023 model.
I saw my first one in the wild today at around 5pm. We were side by side, but I was paying attention to traffic. I was turning right and he/she was turning left. I was so excited it was a good thing I wasn't moving. Alto blue. Leaving Crossing Circle in TC. Waving at ya if you are on MTC.
Sponsored