First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats if I even bothered with having trailer brakes on a sub 4000lb trailer, being towed a maximum of 18 miles each way. This is barely hobby level towing we are talking about. You couldnt even tow a Ecosport and keep it under 4000lbs. For about 6 years my brother used to tow his race car to the track about the same distance as I will ever tow on Maui with his 78 Monte Carlo. It was probably 4500lbs with tools and trailer. No I am not going to pull 5000lbs cross country every holiday weekend. But the Tremor will pull a couple thousand pounds of concrete on a small trailer home from Lowes easily. Or one of my old cars on a tow bar even though they weigh more than a VW Beetle.
Anything with tandem axles is required to have brakes. And depending on your local laws if your gross weight is north of xxxx lbs then also you are required to have a trailer brake. 3000lbs gross is generally the number but it can vary.
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
in black with yellow pin striping and blacked out wheels this would look sweet

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anything with tandem axles is required to have brakes. And depending on your local laws if your gross weight is north of xxxx lbs then also you are required to have a trailer brake. 3000lbs gross is generally the number but it can vary.
Lets just say im a bit of a ....Maverick:cool:

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It didn't magically get itself to the shoot site. Hype is one thing, performance is another. If I am in the market for an off roader show me why the Tremor package is worth the upgrade besides the parts it comes with. Let's see those approach angles and redesigned bumper in action. Also he could have drove it on the road and gave a hand calculated MPG to give an idea what it is really using. The biggest tell to me is the lack of them posting that number thus far which says they still haven't figured out how to tune it for best MPG vs performance or it is going to fall under a non tremor packaged 2.0L eco boost engine builds.
1 inch higher

Angled bumper (plastic)
.Locking rear differential with a clutch

The ford bronco sport has that rear end and its known for over heating. Many complaints from people already taking them off road and thinking they're good enough.

The fx4 is good enough for maintained gravel roads yes with better tires it can climb like a mountain goat but the lack of ground clearance the 1.5inch lower body then a body on frame is what limits it the most.

Jeep wrangler 2 door destroys it off road no comparison. The older 93 rangers destroy it off road as well but it's mostly ground clearance and a transfer case. They also chug more gas. So 27mpg vs 22mpg. Add tires lift ect you at ranger height and same mpg so might as well go ranger at that point. It's kinda hard for anything to beat the wrangler but not everyone likes it on the road.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
. . .

The ford bronco sport has that rear end and its known for over heating. Many complaints from people already taking them off road and thinking they're good enough.

. . .
While the Tremor no doubt is not a go anywhere off-roader, the over-heating seems to be mostly in the non-Badlands models, without the upgraded liquid-cooled PTU that it shares with the Tremor.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1 inch higher

Angled bumper (plastic)
.Locking rear differential with a clutch

The fx4 is good enough for maintained gravel roads yes with better tires it can climb like a mountain goat but the lack of ground clearance the 1.5inch lower body then a body on frame is what limits it the most.

Jeep wrangler 2 door destroys it off road no comparison. The older 93 rangers destroy it off road as well but it's mostly ground clearance and a transfer case. They also chug more gas. So 27mpg vs 22mpg. Add tires lift ect you at ranger height and same mpg so might as well go ranger at that point. It's kinda hard for anything to beat the wrangler but not everyone likes it on the road.
The new ranger is much taller, wider, longer, and smaller inside. It is the same size as any F150 made before 2005. It is also more expensive by far. I also think a spacer lift on top of the Tremors added suspension travel(since it is a spring lift) will put the Maverick with 31" MTs in pretty good offroading standards wherever it will fit. Not a rock crawler, but roack crawling is kinda boring so whatever.

CHills

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“…the Tremors added suspension travel(since it is a spring lift)…”
[/QUOTE]
How do you know it’s a spring lift? Same strut?
A link would be great, I’m curious what exactly accomplished the lift (front and rear).

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trailer brake is easy. The trailer can have one, and they have wireless ones. Of course you could have one wired in as well.

I see people say you can't increase tow rating with mods. People make mods to increase tow capacity all the time. It's a myth you will automatically be at fault or declined by insurance.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trailer brake is easy. The trailer can have one, and they have wireless ones. Of course you could have one wired in as well.

I see people say you can't increase tow rating with mods. People make mods to increase tow capacity all the time. It's a myth you will automatically be at fault or declined by insurance.
While there are certainly mods to increase tow capacity, you cannot legally change the manufacture tow rating of a vehicle. If you’re overweight and involved in an accident there’s a good chance it won’t end well for you, civilly and criminally.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

“…the Tremors added suspension travel(since it is a spring lift)…”
How do you know it’s a spring lift? Same strut?
A link would be great, I’m curious what exactly accomplished the lift (front and rear).
[/QUOTE]
The springs and shock are unique. That also means the front strut is unique because it is simply a shock in a spring. I do not know for a fact that unique means longer, but there is no reason it wouldnt. Redesigning a spring and a spacer is too much work, when you could just make a longer softer spring. I do have on authority that the shocks are reworked but it is not something I got from the internet.

But with a longer setup and lift you have to have more travel. It may not be the full inch, but it could be between 0.75" and 1" added travel.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While there are certainly mods to increase tow capacity, you cannot legally change the manufacture tow rating of a vehicle. If you’re overweight and involved in an accident there’s a good chance it won’t end well for you, civilly and criminally.
If it is a factor in the accident sure. You are towing 4k without a trailer break and the trailer pushes you into another vehicle or jack knifes... Yeah it's probably a problem. You are towing 2,500, sitting at a stop light and someone rear ends you it isn't a factor and doesn't matter. The auto shift of liability thing is a myth.
Sponsored