kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first hands on videos about the Tremor package that I have seen online.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice and all but where is the drive testing?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Too soon.
It didn't magically get itself to the shoot site. Hype is one thing, performance is another. If I am in the market for an off roader show me why the Tremor package is worth the upgrade besides the parts it comes with. Let's see those approach angles and redesigned bumper in action. Also he could have drove it on the road and gave a hand calculated MPG to give an idea what it is really using. The biggest tell to me is the lack of them posting that number thus far which says they still haven't figured out how to tune it for best MPG vs performance or it is going to fall under a non tremor packaged 2.0L eco boost engine builds.

Sponsored

Houmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It didn't magically get itself to the shoot site. Hype is one thing, performance is another. If I am in the market for an off roader show me why the Tremor package is worth the upgrade besides the parts it comes with. Let's see those approach angles and redesigned bumper in action. Also he could have drove it on the road and gave a hand calculated MPG to give an idea what it is really using. The biggest tell to me is the lack of them posting that number thus far which says they still haven't figured out how to tune it for best MPG vs performance or it is going to fall under a non tremor packaged 2.0L eco boost engine builds.
I believe Ford sets a date and they/ TFL are unable to show/discuss certain aspects prior to that date. Break the rules and the manufacturer will pull your access from future events and launches. I am sure that is the case here.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe Ford sets a date and they/ TFL are unable to show/discuss certain aspects prior to that date. Break the rules and the manufacturer will pull your access from future events and launches. I am sure that is the case here.
If your product is so good you shouldn't need to do stuff like that. It should sell itself. It is not like Ford hasn't built off road vehicles before or this particular drivetrain system either.

Last edited:

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At this point they have it figured out. If you remember when the first Maverick videos came out for the 2022 there was no driving just reviewing specs and options. I have confidence it will do what they say, my 22 FX4 has performed like a champ and is very capable. The history of the Tremor package is solid and Ford isn't going to badge something that can't perform. The BS Badlands has a great reputation for what it can do and the Maverick Tremor has the same package. Just a guess but the MPG will be similar to the FX4. I have Wildpeak 245's on my FX4 and I am getting 24.4 MPG normal commutes and 28.2 on the highway. The 235's should get at least that probably better with a little less resistance. I am considering upgrading to the Tremor but not sure yet, I really, really like my 2022.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just woke up and this guy is putting me back to sleep! He makes the tremor seem boring.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cars.com and Autoblog also have in-person videos so it is just a media embargo lifting from the same event.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Neato! If it was AWD hybrid this thread would be 10 pages by now. Just saying.
As soon as they offer a AWD Hybrid, I will be placing an order for my second Maverick. I like my EB FWD but it was my second choice to the unavailable hybrid. An XL AWD Hybrid would too much for me to resist. Fuel economy, capability, and best value in the truck market would be a win-win-win for me.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TFL and other autobloggers are under NDA with these manafacturers and cannot release certain content before that NDA expires. . For example TFL also recently did a 2023 Honda CRV Hybrid first drive video but cant release it for a couple weeks until the NDA expires. That was mentioned briefly in Roman's video on the Civic Type-R.

Last edited:

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As soon as they offer a AWD Hybrid, I will be placing an order for my second Maverick. I like my EB FWD but it was my second choice to the unavailable hybrid. An XL AWD Hybrid would too much for me to resist. Fuel economy, capability, and best value in the truck market would be a win-win-win for me.
Agreed as long as the power is still there. I am not complaining about my ECO's MPG. It's relevant to each individual. My previous vehicle was an 07 V8 Mountaineer so.... however if you are comparing it to a compact car well that's a different story. I am pleased with my power, acceleration, capabilities and MPG not to mention my Maverick can handle a foot of snow. Overall I am very pleased now if I can get the same as mentioned above and 30+ MPG I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED.
Sponsored