Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Please tell me that we're NOT going to be seeing Mavericks with 6" lifts showing up for Truck Week here in Daytona. (I would, however, like to see a Maverick with a train horn. Could be fun!)
Truck week may not fly again, too many AH's pissed off a bunch of East Volusiaian folks that bitched to the city commission. Bike week is fairly calm in comparison.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I know people like different things, but why? More so directed at the running boards.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
This looks basically like that Ram 1000 or whatever it was.

As much as I think it looks crappy, running boards could be a legitimate item around a worksite just to have everyone hitch a ride real quick but otherwise I don't get it.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truck week may not fly again, too many AH's pissed off a bunch of East Volusiaian folks that bitched to the city commission. Bike week is fairly calm in comparison.
The Truck Week folks need to behave like the Jeep Beach folks. Then they would be welcome with open arms.

Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awful. Making an already small bed even smaller. Runners? SMH.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is in Brazil

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a diesel air horn that I've been thinking about putting in my Bronco Sport or my Maverick, but I don't know about how much room there is in the engine compartment plus the space for the air compressor and storage tank.
Put the compressor & horns in the bed under the tonneau cover. Ford already has 12 volt power back there.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a diesel air horn that I've been thinking about putting in my Bronco Sport or my Maverick, but I don't know about how much room there is in the engine compartment plus the space for the air compressor and storage tank.
Check out the Denali air horns they make for motorcycles. They're really very small. I have one on my africa twin. Its like 18x louder than a motorcycle horn but probably only 2x as loud as a regular car horn. But it for sure sounds different. It has more 'HEY!' than a standard car horn. Check out some you-tube videos and see if it'll work for you.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Exactly, unless you are one of the wee people.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Maverick's floor is lower than the door sill. So that would be like a step onto the running board and a leg-swing over the door sill. Or a step onto the running board, a step onto the door sill, and a final step down onto the floor board.

And even then, the running boards are so close to the level of the door sill that it'd be like two awkwardly tiny steps to get in. I had the same issue in a rental Nissan Frontier SL with the factory running boards. It was either take two tiny steps (running board then cab) or swing a leg around the running board, both to avoid a shin bruise and to prevent my pants from swiping all that dirt and road grime.

BilesSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Sport
I could get behind the rack! Looks cool!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want the bed rails! But I think the only one that would be using the running boards would be my 3 year old great nephew