Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I am always concerned about floor vents and flooding. Presumably there is a baffle. But IDK. It also seems like an easy entry into the vehicle for some snakes I used to use in vents for covert placement and access before we switched to RC Cars to run cables.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Are these vents useable to tap into for Vented Seats?

Will be getting my interior changed on my Maverick and there is an option for Heated and Vented seats. I'll have the heated already but want to tap into this system to add vented.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I am always concerned about floor vents and flooding. Presumably there is a baffle. But IDK. It also seems like an easy entry into the vehicle for some snakes I used to use in vents for covert placement and access before we switched to RC Cars to run cables.
@Rkbrumbelow I always thought the vents were tied to the AC system. Am I wrong?

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent! Our ski friends will appreciate warm feet while riding to the slopes in winter.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these vents useable to tap into for Vented Seats?

Will be getting my interior changed on my Maverick and there is an option for Heated and Vented seats. I'll have the heated already but want to tap into this system to add vented.
Vented seats usually have their own blower and peltier cooler. Simpler than having to rig up a flexible vent to account for seat adjustment movement. And better static pressure than having to go through 6+ feet of ductwork.

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if you could slip on an extension that would angle/direct the air upwards for the passengers? Seems like it would be possible....maybe even another project for those 3D printers doing the FITS accessories? Could even have a screen of some type on it to keep out Rkbrumbelow's snakes!! šŸ˜

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I wonder if you could slip on an extension that would angle/direct the air upwards for the passengers? Seems like it would be possible....maybe even another project for those 3D printers doing the FITS accessories? Could even have a screen of some type on it to keep out Rkbrumbelow's snakes!! šŸ˜
Hey those snakes were very useful. Ever try and plant a camera in a vent 120 ft down an ac system. Itā€™s not like the Tv where you send in some hottie so the camera can follow her/his posterior. And they have to able to pull a wire too.

At TI they cheated. Put PVC tubes everywhere stuck the cable in a tennis ball opened up where they wanted the run to end and blew/sucked the ball from one end to another. Honestly that and plumbers snakes were where we got the idea from.

that is the one area of IT forensics I miss: building and deploying ā€œtoysā€. The rest not so much so, not enough brain bleach.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the little things.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a Vietnam Veteran and Iā€™m seeing my Brothers and Sisters in Arms from my war to todayā€™s Warriors stressed, depressed and have major internal anger. Youā€™re damn right, let them know you may not feel our pain but that you freaking understand it. And to my Brothers and Sisters who read this. I love you, WE do not give up, WE do not surrender even to our own thoughts and pains!!!!! Stand Proud, it hurts I know but we will not break Or be broken!!!!!

(I was answering the post about thank a Veteran, I didnā€™t want you all to think I was just have a PTSD rant, but I do feel better for saying this:)

Last edited:

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully these cables and other parts are out of reach of the rear passengersā€™ feet and wonā€™t get frequently rubbed-against and dinged by their shoes.

That area under the seat looks quite messy, but I havenā€™t checked other vehicles recently. Perhaps it is normal for most cars.
Sponsored