PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is not, I wanted a rack that would work with a hard roll up tonneau cover, so basically discovered this combo system that is the only option for that on the market. Utilizes a bed rail with t-tracks to accept the rack, any low profile tonneau can be installed right on top. Had to cut the metal rail because they didn’t have it sized for Mav yet but pretty easy overall.

you can checkout the link in my initial post to a thread on this rack system specifically if you want to see how it works - I made some videos on how to cut the rail, install, etc...

it is adjustable though, but this is the lowest setting, so I probably will not increase the height. Best thing though is because the rack’s are in a t-track, I can slide them forward or backward or easily remove them, which is pretty great.
I THINK you can use the Yakima Overhaul Adjustable Rack with the Elevate TS Rails... at least that's my plan. Yakima makes a "Tonneau Cover Accessory" which should allow it to install with T-Bolts. I've already ordered the TS Rails and Pro X15 Tonneau cover (these two should definitely be compatible), and I'm working on getting the Yakima rack ordered. Of course, I don't have a truck to install all of this on, but it's supposedly being built this week at the shut down factory and I can report back once I have everything.

Edit: They make a 50" Elevate TS Rail for the Maverick now, but I ordered the 56" so I can cut it down to the full length of the bed rail like you did (~52" if I remember correctly).
Sponsored

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I THINK you can use the Yakima Overhaul Adjustable Rack with the Elevate TS Rails... at least that's my plan. Yakima makes a "Tonneau Cover Accessory" which should allow it to install with T-Bolts. I've already ordered the TS Rails and Pro X15 Tonneau cover (these two should definitely be compatible), and I'm working on getting the Yakima rack ordered. Of course, I don't have a truck to install all of this on, but it's supposedly being built this week at the shut down factory and I can report back once I have everything.

Edit: They make a 50" Elevate TS Rail for the Maverick now, but I ordered the 56" so I can cut it down to the full length of the bed rail like you did (~52" if I remember correctly).
I considered the Yakima Rack with the Elevate TS Rail but after looking at the build of the Yakima base I did not think they would work together. I believe the Yakima Tonneau Cover Accessory was built to fit into the RetracXR rail system specifically, which looks to sit taller than the Elevate TS Rail.

After looking at the install guide for the Yakima System here - https://assets.yakima.com/product/i...61.648311919.1636034159-1759000585.1636034159 - It all depends on how well the 4 base pads will fit onto the Elevate TS rail and on the Maverack bed rails. One issue on the maverick bed rails is that they are 2 tiered, the inner part of the bed rail JUST fits the Elevate TS Rail, but then it raises up by 3/8 of an inch for the rest of the bed. Check it out here - .

So it all depends on whether those 4 base pads on the tonneau cover accessory will seat properly, it's hard to say without knowing their dimensions, which are not specified in the install guide.

You should call the guys at https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com. They use the Elevate TS rail system and match it with the Vantech P3000 / Angry Elephant specifically, which is what I did. But they also carry the Yakima but they only pair it with the RetracXR system. You can ask them about this potential fit and they might know already. Either way the Angry Elephant system is very solid so far and is about $400 cheaper than the Yakima so it's a good option.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright, I'm feeling extra dumb tonight. How does the tonneau mount if the elevated rails clamp into the bed?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright, I'm feeling extra dumb tonight. How does the tonneau mount if the elevated rails clamp into the bed?
We are all waiting for pics of how it will work. But if you look at the video above, the rail is toward the outboard and inboard is a roughly 1" strip that it basically clean. My guess is that it simply clamps to that.

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s pretty simple. Here is the Install guide from truxedo. Page 6 starts with combining a cover w the rails.

basically they install together, so in my case I will remove the uprights and clamps. So just the elevate rail is sitting in the install position. Then the rails of the tonneau cover sit just on top of the elevate rail and you re-clamp. It will accommodate any low profile tonneau, so any cover with a narrow top rail.

the only modification to ensure factory fit is replacing the weatherstripping that comes with the cover rail with a thinner one, that comes with the elevate rail system, that ensures your covers spacing will accommodate for the added material from the elevate rail between itself and the bed.

I have not seen a video of this install so I plan to make one and will add it to the other thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are all waiting for pics of how it will work. But if you look at the video above, the rail is toward the outboard and inboard is a roughly 1" strip that it basically clean. My guess is that it simply clamps to that.
Yes exactly, sandwiches on top of the rail and both get clamped in place together.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s pretty simple. Here is the Install guide from truxedo. Page 6 starts with combining a cover w the rails...
Ford Maverick First big haul with new rack system! [1200lb of gravel and 8 - 2x4's] Tonneau.JPG

Ahhhh, I see. This little diagram is what I needed. So those clamps are doing double-duty. Looks like a pretty neat system. I reaaallly want a Leitner rack, but this set up allowing to use both a tonneau and a rack, while still being able to move the rear strut to allow full vertical access to the bed like the Leitner, is probably the smarter way for me to go.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those elevate ts rails are really sweet but what rack systems are compatible? I'd like to cheap out of at all possible since I'll only mount the racks occasionally.

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those elevate ts rails are really sweet but what rack systems are compatible? I'd like to cheap out of at all possible since I'll only mount the racks occasionally.
When they came out they also had an Elevate rack to fit, but that is no longer being made. Obviously the p3000 / angry elephant rack works, which is the one I got.

I would call the guys at tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and ask, as they are the ones using this rail with other racks. They had Vantech custom make the hardware so they could use the vantech rack on the elevate rail, that is the only reason the p3000/angry Elephant rack works at all.

it ends up being about $500 for the rack when you buy it with the tonneau, you can’t get too much cheaper for a good rack.

Last edited:
Sponsored

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Payload is calculated “not” including passengers, fuel and stuff in your cab.

add up you, passengers, stuff and fuel… deduct that from the things you add as payload

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I once put 2000 lbs of copy paper in the back of a 1980 toyota pickup. I had no idea about load limits at the time for either the suspension or the tires. It squatted hard and the tires ballooned out, but somehow I managed to drive on a highway for a few miles and unload without damaging anything,

There is some wiggle room.
I did the same thing with my 08 F150 when I was putting stone in my yard. I just loaded the stone in the bed and as long as the tires weren't rubbing, off I went!! Thankfully I didn't have to go far and I did put more air in the tires to help out. I'm sure they build a bit of fudge room in these truck and I know I tested it on my F150! 😁
Sponsored