Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I was really excited to finally get to see and sit in the Maverick at the state fair today. I was really surprised at how I felt seeing it in person. Mostly I felt like pictures do not do this truck justice. The lines and curves are subtle, but feel very masculine compared to what I thought it would look like from the pictures. Overall I was even more impressed with it's looks both inside and out.

The interior, especially on the XLT, is really great, IMHO. Fears that the navy would be strange or that the plastic would look cheap are overblown, I think. I was really impressed with how comfortable it was from the drivers seat, and it was very generous for me, even at 6'3" and 200lbs. I really loved the way it looked and felt. As someone who usually buys older used cars, soft touch plastic does not age well in hot places like Texas, but the maverick should not have that problem, and I think it is great looking to boot. The backseat isn't as roomy, especially once I adjusted the seat for me, but it is as spacious as most midsize trucks, if not more so.

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 4

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 5

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 6

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 7

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 8

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 9

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 10

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 11

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 12

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 3

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 1

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 2

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 4

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 1

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 3

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 2

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 5

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 6

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Area 51 First Edition Maverick 1

Ford Maverick Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice Area 51 First Edition Maverick 2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was really excited to finally get to see and sit in the Maverick at the state fair today. I was really surprised at how I felt seeing it in person. Mostly I felt like pictures do not do this truck justice. The lines and curves are subtle, but feel very masculine compared to what I thought it would look like from the pictures. Overall I was even more impressed with it's looks both inside and out.

The interior, especially on the XLT, is really great, IMHO. Fears that the navy would be strange or that the plastic would look cheap are overblown, I think. I was really impressed with how comfortable it was from the drivers seat, and it was very generous for me, even at 6'3" and 200lbs. I really loved the way it looked and felt. As someone who usually buys older used cars, soft touch plastic does not age well in hot places like Texas, but the maverick should not have that problem, and I think it is great looking to boot. The backseat isn't as roomy, especially once I adjusted the seat for me, but it is as spacious as most midsize trucks, if not more so.

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 4.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 5.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 6.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 7.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 8.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 9.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 10.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 11.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 12.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 3.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 1.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 2.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 4.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 1.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 3.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 2.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 5.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 6.jpg

Area 51 First Edition Maverick 1.jpg

Area 51 First Edition Maverick 2.jpg
Great Pics!

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thx for the great pics! That VB is a wickedly outstanding color....

macbrun

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the pictures and your impression. Looking forward to seeing these in person. I hope that it's nicer in person than in pictures because my original thoughts when I first saw the Mav was that Ford held back with the design too much.

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear the pics don't do it justice! My old Chevy Colorado just got totaled in an accident so I can't wait for my order to arrive. I just wish they offered the Mav as an all electric or at least a plug-in hybrid starting year 1.

Sponsored

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Glad to hear the pics don't do it justice! My old Chevy Colorado just got totaled in an accident so I can't wait for my order to arrive. I just wish they offered the Mav as an all electric or at least a plug-in hybrid starting year 1.
Oh man, I am going through the same thing. Someone tried to do do a U-turn in front of me last Thursday morning and and most likely totaled my F-150. I'm still waiting to hear what the repair estimate is, but with my Maverick arriving between the 5th-11th the next few weeks just got much more stressful.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 4.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 5.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 6.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 7.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 8.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 9.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 10.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 11.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 12.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 3.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 1.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 2.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 4.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 1.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 3.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 2.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 5.jpg

Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 6.jpg

Area 51 First Edition Maverick 1.jpg

Area 51 First Edition Maverick 2.jpg
Very Nice - thanks for posting

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man, I am going through the same thing. Someone tried to do do a U-turn in front of me last Thursday morning and and most likely totaled my F-150. I'm still waiting to hear what the repair estimate is, but with my Maverick arriving between the 5th-11th the next few weeks just got much more stressful.
I hope it is not totaled and repairable.

If it is totaled do you think the insurance company will take into consideration the inflated prices of used vehicles. It would suck if they low ball their offer.

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I hope it is not totaled and repairable.

If it is totaled do you think the insurance company will take into consideration the inflated prices of used vehicles. It would suck if they low ball their offer.
Yea, these are my main concerns. If it's repairable I'm screwed. It'll take over a month to fix, I'm sure, then I'll need to try to sell a truck thats been in a wreck.

That said, if it is totaled, I'll be dealing with my insurance company as they don't wait once liability is established. They'll waive my deductable and cut me a check for what they think it's worth, then go after the other insurance company. Anyway, with the nature of the car market right now I hope they account for the inflated prices. I certainly was when I listed it!

rightmuch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, these are my main concerns. If it's repairable I'm screwed. It'll take over a month to fix, I'm sure, then I'll need to try to sell a truck thats been in a wreck.

That said, if it is totaled, I'll be dealing with my insurance company as they don't wait once liability is established. They'll waive my deductable and cut me a check for what they think it's worth, then go after the other insurance company. Anyway, with the nature of the car market right now I hope they account for the inflated prices. I certainly was when I listed it!
Be prepared to do battle. My wife's 2013 Sportage just got rear-ended and totaled. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, but I spent a week fighting Allstate on their lowball offer. I finally accepted $2K more than their original offer, and even then there were no comps out there. We ended up getting 2018 with 40K miles and paid $20.5K out the door. Thanks to no inventory, you get screwed coming and going I'm afraid.

On the flip side, I should be able to get almost what I paid for my 2017 Honda Ridgeline, so my Maverick will be an even swap for a brand new ride.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Did you get any offers when you had it listed?
If you did you could present those offers as evidence of value.

Another option is to get a quote from one of the online car buying companies Vroom, Carivan, CarMax etc using your pre-accident condition to again get a current valuation pre-accident.

a third option is to get a price quote for buying a replacement F-150 with your build/options and mileage and using that as your value.

Again sorry for the hassle you are going through.

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Be prepared to do battle. My wife's 2013 Sportage just got rear-ended and totaled. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, but I spent a week fighting Allstate on their lowball offer. I finally accepted $2K more than their original offer, and even then there were no comps out there. We ended up getting 2018 with 40K miles and paid $20.5K out the door. Thanks to no inventory, you get screwed coming and going I'm afraid.

On the flip side, I should be able to get almost what I paid for my 2017 Honda Ridgeline, so my Maverick will be an even swap for a brand new ride.
I'm glad she's ok and that you got some more money out of them. Insurance adjusters aren't fun to deal with.

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Did you get any offers when you had it listed?
If you did you could present those offers as evidence of value.

Another option is to get a quote from one of the online car buying companies Vroom, Carivan, CarMax etc using your pre-accident condition to again get a current valuation pre-accident.

a third option is to get a price quote for buying a replacement F-150 with your build/options and mileage and using that as your value.

Again sorry for the hassle you are going through.
Thanks. For a vehicle like mine vroom and carvana offers aren't helpful. It was a high milage 08, they offered me 4k for it. The value is in private selling as it's worth north of 10k currently, but honestly if I can get over 8 I'll be happy at this point.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great pictures! Thanks for posting them- seems those of us under 6’3 aren’t going to sit in one soon :) Hoping I can see over the dash lol

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
They offered me 7.6k, so that's something I guess. Going to submit some receipts for recent work and see if I can bump it up a little, but it isn't the worst offer.
Sponsored