Sponsored

Finally got my Maverick yesterday. 13.5 months after ordering it. $1300 more then i thought as Ford raised the price.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading post after post about dealers not price protecting, selling COVP trucks to another buyer, failing to COVP, excessive mark-ups, etc. I am SO glad I went with a dealer who is active on this site so I don't have to worry about any issues for a stress free buying experience.

Now the flight out and 12hr drive home is another story.
Sponsored

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a XLT hybrid lux in July 2021. Was delivered today. Sticker price was over $1200 more than at time of order. Dealer said price protection applied and honored original msrp. Also gave me a $750 rebate I didn’t know I was eligible for and 1.9% financing. He did say if any changes were made to an order after a price increase the new pricing schedule would apply with no price protection. There are good dealers out there. Absolutely no complaints with mine… ordered with no deposit and communication with him was great!

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting 13 1/2 months I think you are entitled to a "late fee discount.". Write up an invoice and present it to the dealer. Why should dealers be able to tack on B.S. fees and you as a customer have to pay up? Your invoice is no less bogus than their tactics.

Poizon_iv_19

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
My dealership (the finance manager to be exact) denied ALL knowledge of the maverick being price protected. I pulled up a copy of the ford memo and asked him if he got it. He got defensive, so I asked him to look at his emails and see if he had read it. Then he went apeshit. Ford customer support said they would have shut that lying down real quick. I’m also gonna voice record my next car buying experience…. Wished I could have had the atrocious behavior of my first dealership recorded for the better business bureau and Facebook etc…. I just hate it being my word (and my husband’s) word against the dealership of how bad it was. The owner called us later and asked us “how do we make this go away”. It was straight up gangster. We asked for an apology…….. that did not ever happen either….shocking

Sponsored

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sunset Ford in St. Louis honored the original MSRP, picked up 09/28/22 and gave me a life time warranty on the drive train (original owner only) They are one of a few dealers that offer that with a purchase. Could not be happier with Cory salesman and Larry New vehicle manager at Sunset Ford!
So did Bo Beuckman in the 'Lou. Got mine 10/1

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also got my Hybrid XLT Maverick yesterday almost 14 months after I ordered. I needed it and I waited a long time. My 23 year old Mazda regular cab 2WD has developed a noticeable list, and the bed flexes eerily on the frame.

I thought Ford would never generate any significant amount of Hybrid production, so I paid well over MSRP for an EcoBoost in July. The EB has been great, lots of road trips this summer. Averaging over 32 MPG, and not putting junk miles on my F150. In the current market, I can probably never afford another new F150.

After reading this thread, I guess I probably over paid. But the deal I had with my small local dealer was MSRP and the normal document fee. The dealer asked that I finance through him. No rates were discussed. Now if the MSRP at the time of order was $1,200 lower, I guess I technically overpaid.

I live 2 miles from this dealer. There is a new operator in the past couple of years, the prior two operators were scary bad. I honestly don't know how a lot of dealers stay in business these days, when they don't have any new cars to sell, and good mechanics are hard to hire. This operator has been as good as his word. He knew how to order the truck, and it arrived. No unexpected options. The rate I got was better than Navy Federal offered. And I got to use my Farm Bureau $500 credit, which was not available when I placed the order.

I believe that both the dealer and I came out ahead in the deal.

I am really glad that the exact truck I ordered finally arrived. Ford seems to have done an excellent job with these vehicles. I hope the supply chain improves and Ford can crank up production.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to see you got your truck finally. I have been waiting 16 months, since the middle of June last year and my dealer will try to screw me when the truck arrives. They are corrupt I have learned and all this time they have done nothing to help me hoping I'll walk. Well, I haven't walked because I bought another vehicle last winter when I could see this fiasco coming. So, I just held on, not really caring one way or the other. It is sitting in a rail yard 100 miles away and there has been one delay after another. Latest delivery date is now Oct. 14. I feel I will never see this truck so I'm glad some people are dealing with good salesmen.

OP
OP

Josh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You were supposed to be price protected to the price at the date of the order. Did your dealer not look that up? Did they say Ford would send a check? Anything??
Nothing yet. Still trying to see what can be done.

Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing yet. Still trying to see what can be done.
Nothing can be done unless the dealer wants it done. He has the truck and he wants you to walk so he can sell it at a mark up. My dealer said he was paying no attention to the Ford price protection because of the many errors they have made. It is either his price or nothing. Until Ford corporate starts to hold dealers accountable, they will do what they want regardless of the company position.

OP
OP

Josh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing can be done unless the dealer wants it done. He has the truck and he wants you to walk so he can sell it at a mark up. My dealer said he was paying no attention to the Ford price protection because of the many errors they have made. It is either his price or nothing. Until Ford corporate starts to hold dealers accountable, they will do what they want regardless of the company position.
Yes that is a great summation of what has happened.
Sponsored