First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 17 months (July 9th, 2021 order), my Maverick XLT Hybrid was ready to go. Shout out to Doherty Ford in Forest Grove, Oregon. They were awesome to deal with through this whole process and attempted to pull zero fast ones during this whole process. We had the credit application ran before I arrived, and I was in and out of the place in about 25 minutes.

Here's the available options I got:
The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Manual Sliding Rear Window
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Black Maverick lettering on the back
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
FITS Accessories Kit (free)
little 3D printed shelf insert for the cubby hole (aftermarket)
Hitch cover that looks like Captain America's Shield (aftermarket)
Hitch pin

So I would officially call this a fully loaded XLT Hybrid. Total cost of everything OTD after taxes and fees was $28,167.41 (God bless Oregon, no sales tax). That's with no dealer markup and 0% interest on a 36 month loan through Ford Credit. It was $29,167.41, but I got $1,000 off for being a recent college grad. Considering what I got, I cannot possibly imagine a better car for 28 grand. Knowing I got the hottest car in America $1,000 off MSRP and 0% interest is a pretty sweet feeling. As you can see, it's a sick looking ride and love seeing it in person. Definitely a tad bigger than I thought it would be.

After picking up the car, immediately hit up i-84 and began the 4.5 ish hour drive back home to eastern Oregon. Was living in Portland when I originally bought the car so had to drive it back after flying to Portland that morning. It was about a 260 mile drive, and it was an awesome way to get to know my new truck. Here's some observations I had.

First off, the luxury package (especially the 2022 version) is a MUST. Without it, it's a cool utility truck. With it, it's an exceptional commuter car. It's cold in eastern Oregon, so having heated everything, the spray in bedliner, power driver seat, and the very nice heated leather steering wheel really give me confidence that this was a great choice for a daily driver. I would regret not having some of those creature comforts.

It was super fun driving home and learning about all these modern features. I've been driving a 30 year old Volvo for the past couple of years and have never had a "modern" car (closest would be a very bare bones 2008 Hyundai Accent which had zero modern features). Never had a hybrid, never had blind spot monitoring, never had a touchscreen, never had a digital display for an odometer, never had heated seats, never had a heated steering wheel, never had a steering wheel with a button other than the horn. So even if the Maverick lags behind on tech, this thing is the gotdang future in my world. I thought it would be overwhelming but this thing is a breeze to drive. Decent acceleration for a hybrid, good visibility, smooth ride, quiet interior, and easy to pass people. I also never have had a car with a CVT before, and frankly I see no issues with that CVT droll or any lack of tactile feel. The seats are comfortable and had no problems driving for extended periods. The base stereo is good enough for my books, and the interior is slick. Everyone who has seen it loves the XLT interior with the two-tone seats and the orange flashes. I live in a rural community with a lot of big trucks and Big Truck Energy People, and everyone thinks its sweet.

The only "complaint" I have (isn't really a complaint but rather the reality of the situation) would be the gas mileage on the highway at "True" highway speed. In the cold with the heat on averaging more than 80MPH (occasionally hitting...higher), I averaged about 26MPG on the way home with about 95% of that on the interstate. That's on me for having a lead foot and wanting to get home, but considering the vast majority of driving I do outside of my commute is highway driving, I don't think i'll be hitting 40MPG too often. Still, 26MPG driving like a maniac ain't half bad.

Overall, absolutely in love with the thing. Again, considering the price, and considering how expensive modern cars have gotten (I still can't get over the average new car price in America being over $45k), this is technically an economy car, and it sure doesn't feel like one. I look forward to rolling with this vehicle for at least the last fifteen years.

Ford Maverick Finally got it! Initial 4-hour drive home in Maverick XLT Hybrid review unnamed (1)
Sponsored

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Enjoy! Nice color.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Welcome to the MOG, enjoy your new Maverick (I like the color too)

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good looking Maverick!!! Very nice!

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very nice Congrats

Sponsored

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice truck. The only thing I dislike about mine is the blind spot detection doesn't have a audible bleep to warn you and no adaptive cruise on the XLT.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

saffrontruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sweet! Another Oregon hybrid!

I've had mine since late January '22, and I am very pleased. Most of my driving is in Eugene, and off on secondary roads: I hit 40+mpg for most of my driving.

You mileage will get better as the truck learns about you. Enjoy!

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! Welcome to the club! Enjoy the satisfaction you'll get driving around in a vehicle that's currently unattainable. It's kinda like driving around in a Ferrari...just a couple hundred grand cheaper!

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the 2020's. Glad you love the truck and enjoyed your right up.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I wouldn’t call 80 mph true highway speed (unless a few highways in Texas). In Oklahoma, most highways are 65-70 in my area. I got one speeding ticket when I was 17 and that was enough for me. 3-4 mph over the speed limit should be enough for anyone in my opinion.

But even speeding, I’d think your fuel economy should be better. I guess continue to monitor it to ensure things are working correctly.

WANTMYMAVERICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black Maverick Lariat Hybrid BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After 17 months (July 9th, 2021 order), my Maverick XLT Hybrid was ready to go. Shout out to Doherty Ford in Forest Grove, Oregon. They were awesome to deal with through this whole process and attempted to pull zero fast ones during this whole process. We had the credit application ran before I arrived, and I was in and out of the place in about 25 minutes.

Here's the available options I got:
The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Manual Sliding Rear Window
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Black Maverick lettering on the back
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
FITS Accessories Kit (free)
little 3D printed shelf insert for the cubby hole (aftermarket)
Hitch cover that looks like Captain America's Shield (aftermarket)
Hitch pin

So I would officially call this a fully loaded XLT Hybrid. Total cost of everything OTD after taxes and fees was $28,167.41 (God bless Oregon, no sales tax). That's with no dealer markup and 0% interest on a 36 month loan through Ford Credit. It was $29,167.41, but I got $1,000 off for being a recent college grad. Considering what I got, I cannot possibly imagine a better car for 28 grand. Knowing I got the hottest car in America $1,000 off MSRP and 0% interest is a pretty sweet feeling. As you can see, it's a sick looking ride and love seeing it in person. Definitely a tad bigger than I thought it would be.

After picking up the car, immediately hit up i-84 and began the 4.5 ish hour drive back home to eastern Oregon. Was living in Portland when I originally bought the car so had to drive it back after flying to Portland that morning. It was about a 260 mile drive, and it was an awesome way to get to know my new truck. Here's some observations I had.

First off, the luxury package (especially the 2022 version) is a MUST. Without it, it's a cool utility truck. With it, it's an exceptional commuter car. It's cold in eastern Oregon, so having heated everything, the spray in bedliner, power driver seat, and the very nice heated leather steering wheel really give me confidence that this was a great choice for a daily driver. I would regret not having some of those creature comforts.

It was super fun driving home and learning about all these modern features. I've been driving a 30 year old Volvo for the past couple of years and have never had a "modern" car (closest would be a very bare bones 2008 Hyundai Accent which had zero modern features). Never had a hybrid, never had blind spot monitoring, never had a touchscreen, never had a digital display for an odometer, never had heated seats, never had a heated steering wheel, never had a steering wheel with a button other than the horn. So even if the Maverick lags behind on tech, this thing is the gotdang future in my world. I thought it would be overwhelming but this thing is a breeze to drive. Decent acceleration for a hybrid, good visibility, smooth ride, quiet interior, and easy to pass people. I also never have had a car with a CVT before, and frankly I see no issues with that CVT droll or any lack of tactile feel. The seats are comfortable and had no problems driving for extended periods. The base stereo is good enough for my books, and the interior is slick. Everyone who has seen it loves the XLT interior with the two-tone seats and the orange flashes. I live in a rural community with a lot of big trucks and Big Truck Energy People, and everyone thinks its sweet.

The only "complaint" I have (isn't really a complaint but rather the reality of the situation) would be the gas mileage on the highway at "True" highway speed. In the cold with the heat on averaging more than 80MPH (occasionally hitting...higher), I averaged about 26MPG on the way home with about 95% of that on the interstate. That's on me for having a lead foot and wanting to get home, but considering the vast majority of driving I do outside of my commute is highway driving, I don't think i'll be hitting 40MPG too often. Still, 26MPG driving like a maniac ain't half bad.

Overall, absolutely in love with the thing. Again, considering the price, and considering how expensive modern cars have gotten (I still can't get over the average new car price in America being over $45k), this is technically an economy car, and it sure doesn't feel like one. I look forward to rolling with this vehicle for at least the last fifteen years.

unnamed (1).jpg
Confused why you mpg was so bad.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confused why you mpg was so bad.
Probably because he was aggressive with the go pedal. Hybrids don't get fantastic mileage in the cold, on the freeway, above 60 MPH, with all the accessories on, and added weight (just my speculation)

WANTMYMAVERICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black Maverick Lariat Hybrid BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Probably because he was aggressive with the go pedal. Hybrids don't get fantastic mileage in the cold, on the freeway, above 60 MPH, with all the accessories on, and added weight (just my speculation)
I have never had a hybrid either.. so does this mean I would be better off taking the backroads to work instead of the highway if I wanted to maximize my mpg?

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a hybrid either.. so does this mean I would be better off taking the backroads to work instead of the highway if I wanted to maximize my mpg?
Well, that depends kinda...it'll get better mileage on surface streets, and in stop and go traffic due to the lower speeds which enable the truck to run on battery power more. If you leave your house, drive a few miles at 45, then jump on the freeway and sit in S&G traffic until your exit, then drive 45 MPH a few miles to your job, you'll probably get better mileage than being on a state highway doing 55-60 all the way to work...but you'd have to experiment and see which route works best for you...

Hybrid Mavs also feature a "drive coach" display that will help you stay in electric mode longer...
Sponsored