First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 1954 Chevy truck, 1958 Airstream
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last April I ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands that finally got delivered in October. I had wanted a Maverick, but the reality that it would never be delivered and that Ford had cut off new orders meant I needed to look at other options. At the time, I thought the BS's 2,200 lb tow rating would be good enough.

But the reality was that my trailer ended up being heavier than its factory dry weight, especially once loaded with camping gear. So, despite loving everything about the BS, I reluctantly concluded I needed something a little more stout.

I came close to buying a Ranger, but could not find one within 500 miles with the options I wanted. I decided to just wait and order something when they started taking orders for the 2024s. But that meant missing this season's planned camping trip from NC to Wyoming in early September.

Then all of a sudden, two weeks ago, the local Ford dealer got a new 2023 Maverick in stock with all the options I would have ordered - a Lariat FX4 with moonroof and tow package. It had just come in the day before. I could not resist, so I said goodbye to Buck, the Bronco Sport, and Hello to Bret, my new Maverick.

There was a $5,000 'market price adjustment' I was able to get them to reduce, but I still paid over MSRP. :-( It will be interesting to see what the new 2024 Mavericks list for to see just how much more I actually paid vs ordering one.

At any rate, I've already installed a Rough Country 2" lift kit - the one that comes with new struts and springs, and 1-1/2"wheel spacers. Next is installing a set of Bushwacker fender flares to help keep the fenders clean now that the tires are wider. Just a comment on the Bushwacker flares - the ones for the Maverick do not install nearly as easily as the ones for the Bronco Sport did. I assumed they would go on quickly, but after struggling with plastic rivets that won't fit and holes that don't line up, I bailed out and decided to tackle it again when I had more time to mess with it.

Once the fender flares are on, the stock tires will look a little too small with the 2" lift, so some 245/70 R17 all-terrain tires should fit nicely.

Question: what to do with the essentially brand new factory struts and springs I pulled off? Sell them? Or keep them for emergencies?
Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last April I ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands that finally got delivered in October. I had wanted a Maverick, but the reality that it would never be delivered and that Ford had cut off new orders meant I needed to look at other options. At the time, I thought the BS's 2,200 lb tow rating would be good enough.

But the reality was that my trailer ended up being heavier than its factory dry weight, especially once loaded with camping gear. So, despite loving everything about the BS, I reluctantly concluded I needed something a little more stout.

I came close to buying a Ranger, but could not find one within 500 miles with the options I wanted. I decided to just wait and order something when they started taking orders for the 2024s. But that meant missing this season's planned camping trip from NC to Wyoming in early September.

Then all of a sudden, two weeks ago, the local Ford dealer got a new 2023 Maverick in stock with all the options I would have ordered - a Lariat FX4 with moonroof and tow package. It had just come in the day before. I could not resist, so I said goodbye to Buck, the Bronco Sport, and Hello to Bret, my new Maverick.

There was a $5,000 'market price adjustment' I was able to get them to reduce, but I still paid over MSRP. :-( It will be interesting to see what the new 2024 Mavericks list for to see just how much more I actually paid vs ordering one.

At any rate, I've already installed a Rough Country 2" lift kit - the one that comes with new struts and springs, and 1-1/2"wheel spacers. Next is installing a set of Bushwacker fender flares to help keep the fenders clean now that the tires are wider. Just a comment on the Bushwacker flares - the ones for the Maverick do not install nearly as easily as the ones for the Bronco Sport did. I assumed they would go on quickly, but after struggling with plastic rivets that won't fit and holes that don't line up, I bailed out and decided to tackle it again when I had more time to mess with it.

Once the fender flares are on, the stock tires will look a little too small with the 2" lift, so some 245/70 R17 all-terrain tires should fit nicely.

Question: what to do with the essentially brand new factory struts and springs I pulled off? Sell them? Or keep them for emergencies?
Congrats and looking forward to pics! Looks like youā€™re close to where Iā€™m building so when I find a place for a meetup in the area Iā€™ll look for your truck. Which dealer charged the ADM fee?

OP
OP
Saboga

Saboga

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was Classic Ford in Shelby, NC

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Congratulations! As long as you are happy with your Mav, it doesn't matter if you paid a little over MSRP. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First of all, congrats on your new Maverick. I am sure you will join all of us in finding out what great vehicles they are. Secondly, I have a sneaky feeling when the dust all settles, paying above MSRP will not put you in the hole because we all know there will be a price increase. The good thing is that you have what you wanted and have it NOW without the wait. Like the others, look forward to seeing pics of Bret. All new parents want to take pics of their new kids.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

All that typing and no pics!?

Billkowski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got lucky today and found a Lariat Tremor at MSRP....things have changed, that use to be the starting point in the negotiations not the end point. Oh well got what I wanted.

Srp166

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick encore
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are a few of them available around DFW.

Ford Fanatic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT.....2022 F-150...2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still none here [Myrtle Beach Areas]. I've had mine for 13 months now. I have 3 other vehicles to drive [2023 Extreme Recon Jeep, 2012 Boss 302 and a 1999 Ranger]. It is by far the Best vehicle I have owned in the last decade. I don't see one a week here, just aren't any.

Neilsoldtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1991 Corvette Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you post any pictures congratulations

Sponsored
OP
OP
Saboga

Saboga

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you post any pictures congratulations
I'll take some shots if it ever quits raining! I'd like to finish installing the fender flares and the tonneau cover I ordered so it will look a little better. But maybe some before and after shots will be nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saboga

Saboga

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, the rain quit! Here are some pics with the Rough Country 2" lift kit installed and 1-1/2" wheel spacers with the stock tires. The fender flares are definitely needed, and some bigger 245/70-R17 All-terrain tires to fill out the wheel wells too.
Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_1543.JPG

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_1544.JPG

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still none here [Myrtle Beach Areas]. I've had mine for 13 months now. I have 3 other vehicles to drive [2023 Extreme Recon Jeep, 2012 Boss 302 and a 1999 Ranger]. It is by far the Best vehicle I have owned in the last decade. I don't see one a week here, just aren't any.
Taking a long Memorial Day holiday in St. Simons Island, GA, not too far south of you. I was surprised to see 3 Mavericks today. Things are looking up.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OK, the rain quit! Here are some pics with the Rough Country 2" lift kit installed and 1-1/2" wheel spacers with the stock tires. The fender flares are definitely needed, and some bigger 245/70-R17 All-terrain tires to fill out the wheel wells too.
IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG
Looks great! Like you I stumbled into my Maverick here in Abilene, TX. Somebody had ordered it but never took possession for whatever reason. Yes there was a markup but still worth it. Mine came in CO, BAP, sprayed in bed liner, pilot 360, XLT 2.0L EcoBoost engine and AWD. If youā€™re looking for a great bed cover, check out Truck2Go.co. I got the retractable and had it installed at the dealer. Put on gas hood struts , tailgate damper strut, seat covers, Napa leather steering cover, window tinting and other odds and ends. Best SUT(Sport Utility Truck)( my designation) Iā€™ve ever owned!

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_0073

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_0076

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_0078

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_0045

Ford Maverick Finally found a Maverick in stock! IMG_0050
Sponsored