dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd like the Ram 700 better if the front end was a bit boxier, but it still looks a lot better than the Santa Cruz.

They appear to build a 2-door version, as well. Even if they bring the 4-door to North America, I don't think they'd ever sell the 2-door here. It's fascinating that there's a market for 2-doors in other countries, though. It used to be a fairly popular form factor here in the 1980s and 1990s.

Ford Maverick Final 2022 VINs by Close of Business 9/8. Reorder Banks Open 9/15. New Order Banks Open 9/30. ram-700-fiat-strada-2021
Sponsored

F-050

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who are you calling when you say Maverick Customer Service Rep ? Is that with Ford Motor and what is the number? Or are you calling your dealer? I finally got my VIN# from the dealership and I ordered Oct 25th, 2021 and it's saying delivery will between Nov 20-24, 2022. I would like to talk to a live person too.
My Hyb, Lar,Lux,360,hitch, SIBL, loaded ordered on 11/1 got vin 30 days ago. Build date 10/10 (4th change) 6-8 weeks was told, to get to dealer. Merry Christmas to me......

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow! Pretty awesome. If availability was good down south, it might be worth taking that long overdue vacation to Mexico by flying down and driving the Ram 700 back home, site seeing along the way.
The process appears to be a good bit more complicated than just simply buying one in Mexico and driving it over the border.

When it's a vehicle that isn't already available in the US market like this, there's a whole stack of paperwork and possibly even alterations that have to be made before it can be registered.

Gary C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's interesting. I have no idea which one Ford will view as the order they will give you the private offer on. Probably the XLT since they started you over, but who really knows? You will find out very soon. Hope it all goes well when you go in!
Dealer said they can do everything on there own, don't need to go in . Hope there right. Going to call Ford next week to see if the order is in place.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
And mine was changed from 10/10 to 10/24 😂

Just got bumped back another week this morning. Now build week is 10/31.

Sure makes me wonder if they are going to be able to build all the ones with assigned vin.

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dealer said they can do everything on there own, don't need to go in . Hope there right. Going to call Ford next week to see if the order is in place.
I did go in yesterday to give my X-Plan paperwork and copy of my license. System was crashing while trying to preview. Received the email confirmation at 0345. GM emailed the actual order and can sign, scan, and return.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The process appears to be a good bit more complicated than just simply buying one in Mexico and driving it over the border.

When it's a vehicle that isn't already available in the US market like this, there's a whole stack of paperwork and possibly even alterations that have to be made before it can be registered.
Even more complicated if the vehicle isn't safety and environmentally compliant. Small things can make it non-compliant.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ram 700 in Mexico I think would compete quite well with the Maverick if they brought it here
https://www.motor1.com/news/447996/2021-ram-700-debut/
Actually there is a number of small trucks available in Mexico that are not available in the US:
RAM 700
Renault Oroch
JAC Frison T6
Toyota Hilux
BAIC Vigus 3 (made in China)
JAC Frison T8 (made in China)
Nissan Frontier (different than the one sold in the US)
Nissan Frontier
Peugeot Landtrek

At one time there was a real small VW Pointer and a Chevy LUV
The old Ranger was sold in Mexico with both a regular and Crew Cab
Most of them would not be competitive in the US due to the chicken tax.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was more middle of august and seems to have been delayed on shipping (blend date of 8/19, built 8/29 and still waiting to be shipped), but according to ford customer service as of yesterday, it’s still showing set to be delivered between the 12th and 18th of this month

Same here still not shipped yet but built on 8/29

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do we have an editable list of terrible dealers for MY23?

Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here still not shipped yet but built on 8/29
My dealer called me the morning of the 14th and finally told me that my maverick has shipped, might want to contact your dealer if you haven’t already

Rmalzo

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt, Tesla Y, Jeep Gladiator
I RECDEIVED A LETTER LAST WEEK SAYING MY TRUCK WOLD BE BUILT THE WEEK OF 9/19. DOES ANYONE THINK IT WILL BE BUILT AND I WILL RECEIVE IT?
My jan/11 order rcv'd a vin last week with a scheduled build week 10/31 and actually moved up to 10/24....go figure!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I RECDEIVED A LETTER LAST WEEK SAYING MY TRUCK WOLD BE BUILT THE WEEK OF 9/19. DOES ANYONE THINK IT WILL BE BUILT AND I WILL RECEIVE IT?
Turn off caps lock. If you have a VIN, your truck is being built.