2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered Oct 23, '21
Wait over a year
Lost my 0% financing
XL's will be produced at a much lower rate then other trims
Lose any priority over totally new '23 orders
Maybe someone from Ford can come kick me in the nuts a few times too
I wish there was a comparable vehicle
I'm sure you can get someone to Rochambeau you for your Maverick if Ford ever manages to get it built. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Redskinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Hyundai, (or Toyota, or Subaru, or Chevy, or ?) we're smart they'd be working hard to get a comparable hybrid pickup on the market at a competitive price. The Maverick has proven there's a demand for this niche, but Ford has been unable to deliver. (And their communication and organization just sucks!)
The Ram 700 in Mexico I think would compete quite well with the Maverick if they brought it here
https://www.motor1.com/news/447996/2021-ram-700-debut/

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is what happens you are the only game in town. Small truck in the sub 20k- 30k range with thjis type of gas mileage. Find another truck and yes the Santa Cruz doesn't compare on the mileage. First competitor that gets something out there that can deliver in a faster time frame will drop these Maverick sales big time. It will also force a change in the customer service since now they have to win you over not just deliver a winning product regardless of who the you is.
This is so true.

What appeals to me about the Maverick is that it:
1. actually looks like a truck,
2. has a low, affordable MSRP,
3. the gas model gets up to 29-30 mpg and produces 250 horsepower

Even if the MSRPs were close, I wouldn't want a Santa Cruz because it's ugly and only gets 26 mpg.

Hopefully, another brand will eventually release a competitor on those three points to force Ford to do better than they're doing right now. Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc...any of these might step in to fill the void.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just created a seperate thread relative to the call I just had with Ford Marketing when I tried to get my Cert # so I had all my ducks in a row when I went to place my MY23 order. According to the Ford Marketing person I talked to, if your dealer does not update your order between September 12th and 15th, it will not be eligible for the Private Offer. If that is true, then probably half of us here are going to have a really bad surprise when we go to place the order and the Private Offer we "expected" to be there after our year wait is not. Really, really hoping the lady at Ford was completly wrong. Either way, as of today at 3PM Central I did not have a Private Offer Cert # in the system. This is for a Oct 1, 2021 Hybrid XL with a Priority 10.

oGoditsNick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rep I spoke to said I don't have the cert # because my order is still showing unscheduled clean, and not balanced out.
So idk if they know how it works. I'll be going tomorrow morning to put my order in and hopefully it will workout

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after waiting an entire year I have no higher priority than does someone who orders a '23 this week? Gee...thanks Ford for rewarding your patient and loyal customers. 😠
If I were a 22 order holder, I would ask to have my 23 order prioritized at 10! It is the highest priority a dealer can attach to an order, I believe. Then you should be ahead of every non-rollover order on that dealers list.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.
Well, it looks like that bit you were told turned out the be entirely false.

Gary C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Starting with your private offer. How ever much that same truck you originally ordered without changes later, that is how much you should get. Whatever that same XL goes up in a 23 is what you should get in your offer..........Secondly, Tim Bartz, Ford Video Guy, says even if you change engines, you should retain your place in line. I asked him this live on his You Tube Show about 6 weeks ago. I know that could be a huge choice to switch if that proves to be un-true, but that is what he said. I would try to confirm that with him. And yes, all this needs to be done at the same dealership as your original order.
I switched back in end of July from XL to XLT from what I heard I'm still a 22 but I'm at the end of the line now, Didn't know that when i made the switch, don't know about the price yet. My dealer is doing the reorder today. I ask for copy of the order and new pricing.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after waiting an entire year I have no higher priority than does someone who orders a '23 this week? Gee...thanks Ford for rewarding your patient and loyal customers. 😠
And it appears that it is up to the dealer to decide, by priority code, to place us in front of the new orders. o_O

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It would be competition but they would probably have to move production to North America. currently it is a Fiat Strada built in the Fiat plant in Brazil. As is, it would be subject the the 25% Chicken Tax to import them from Brazil to the US.
Not to mention the vehicle would have to meet federal safety and EPA emission requirements.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I switched back in end of July from XL to XLT from what I heard I'm still a 22 but I'm at the end of the line now, Didn't know that when i made the switch, don't know about the price yet. My dealer is doing the reorder today. I ask for copy of the order and new pricing.
That's interesting. I have no idea which one Ford will view as the order they will give you the private offer on. Probably the XLT since they started you over, but who really knows? You will find out very soon. Hope it all goes well when you go in!

Jamesrchapman1949

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This whole certificate thing is confusing.
No email from Ford, but the Ford info center, with the barking dog and crying baby in background, gave me a certificate number.
Good for what, hopefully

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford today and confirmed that yes, Sept. 15 will be the reorder date, no, my XL Hybrid order last October 25, 2021 has not been scheduled for production nor issued a VIN, and yes, I should expect to get a 2023. I also learned this would be a good opportunity to switch from an XL to XLT, (which I've been considering) and that doing so would not push me back in line. The call-taker also said dealers had been sent info and should have new information for their customers on the reorder process. So... pretty much confirmed all of the buzz I've been reading here. I plan a trip to the dealer on Thursday.
Interesting how the production process works. I still can't figure it out after reading on this forum. I had the understanding constrained items on an order would push back that order and a less constrained vehicle would be produced instead. My order, even though before yours (Oct 11) is a Lariat with the Lux package AND mud flaps. So that means not only the mud flaps are constrained but also the spray in bed liner, 360 and to top it off, the all weather floor mats. Your order sounds like a base only package and you are pushed over into the MY23. With all my constraints, I figured I would have been the one pushed over into the MY23. Go figure.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid