dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just spoke with a lady at Ford Marketing (1-800-334-4375) regarding my January 25, 2022 order for a Maverick. She was able to pull up the order and confirm it was in the system.

She said because no VIN or build date is set yet for my order, it must be converted to an order for a 2023 model.

She said dealers should have received a list of unscheduled customers to contact yesterday, September 12, 2022, along with information about an incentive offer to presumably offset the price increase from a 2022 to a 2023.

She said dealers can enter converted orders starting on September 15, 2022. I did not ask if the order bank would be open for new customers to place new orders at the same time, but the next thing she did say seems to indicate that won't happen until September 30.

She said the window to convert the 2022 order to a 2023 order closes on September 30, 2022.

I emailed my dealer after getting off the phone and received a phone call back within a few minutes. They did NOT get the info on September 12 as she said should have happened, but they did get it earlier today. He promised to convert my order to a 2023 and get it entered in the system by this coming Friday.

Hopefully, I have preserved my place in line and will now continue to wait with the rest of you who are still waiting on a VIN and a build date.

God bless us, everyone!
Sponsored

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just spoke with a lady at Ford Marketing (1-800-334-4375) regarding my January 25, 2022 order for a Maverick. She was able to pull up the order and confirm it was in the system.

She said because no VIN or build date is set yet for my order, it must be converted to an order for a 2023 model.

She said dealers should have received a list of unscheduled customers to contact yesterday, September 12, 2022, along with information about an incentive offer to presumably offset the price increase from a 2022 to a 2023.

She said dealers can enter converted orders starting on September 15, 2022. I did not ask if the order bank would be open for new customers to place new orders at the same time, but the next thing she did say seems to indicate that won't happen until September 30.

She said the window to convert the 2022 order to a 2023 order closes on September 30, 2022.

I emailed my dealer after getting off the phone and received a phone call back within a few minutes. They did NOT get the info on September 12 as she said should have happened, but they did get it earlier today. He promised to convert my order to a 2023 and get it entered in the system by this coming Friday.

Hopefully, I have preserved my place in line and will now continue to wait with the rest of you who are still waiting on a VIN and a build date.

God bless us, everyone!
Just make sure to get a copy of your order for future reference and to make sure that the dealer placed it correctly.

Scrubdog84

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 1/16/22 Ecoboost XLT with tow package. Bl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would urge anyone who has a MY22 order to call Ford to check on the status. My uncle works at the Ford dealership where I placed my order and told me two weeks ago that I was tentatively scheduled for an October build. I didn't get any email notifications from Ford so I assumed I was getting bumped to MY23. I called Ford today and I have a VIN and a scheduled build for the week of October 24th. I wouldn't have known that if I didn't call.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just make sure to get a copy of your order for future reference and to make sure that the dealer placed it correctly.
Definitely will make sure I get that.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford today and confirmed that yes, Sept. 15 will be the reorder date, no, my XL Hybrid order last October 25, 2021 has not been scheduled for production nor issued a VIN, and yes, I should expect to get a 2023. I also learned this would be a good opportunity to switch from an XL to XLT, (which I've been considering) and that doing so would not push me back in line. The call-taker also said dealers had been sent info and should have new information for their customers on the reorder process. So... pretty much confirmed all of the buzz I've been reading here. I plan a trip to the dealer on Thursday.

Sponsored

fourjays30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone needs to update the title of this thread. Per the news we got last night new 23 orders will not be on the 30th but will also be on the 15th same at the roll over orders. It will be up to the dealers to priorities which orders get submitted first. If people wait until the 30th to submit a new orders they run the risk of the order banks be closed again.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
I called Ford today and confirmed that yes, Sept. 15 will be the reorder date, no, my XL Hybrid order last October 25, 2021 has not been scheduled for production nor issued a VIN, and yes, I should expect to get a 2023. I also learned this would be a good opportunity to switch from an XL to XLT, (which I've been considering) and that doing so would not push me back in line. The call-taker also said dealers had been sent info and should have new information for their customers on the reorder process. So... pretty much confirmed all of the buzz I've been reading here. I plan a trip to the dealer on Thursday.
Lose what place in line? That was a 22 line. That line has been dispersed. Nothing to see here.. move along!

MacMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat (ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my VIN last week for my order placed on 10/21/21 for a hybrid XLT velocity blue, with hitch and moonroof. Last week when I called Ford my build date was 10/10. Called today and now it's 10/3. I'll be calling every week now. Still no email from Ford or my dealer. I sent dealer an email a couple of days ago saying "oh by the way, I now have a VIN." No response. I hope they were not going try an pull a fast one and try to sell it out from under me. I have heard that has happened to others. I'm going to track that truck from Mexico to Delaware...
I had an almost identical experience with my dealer. This whole process has been quite a lesson. After waiting more than a year on my order, I've had days that I've been unhappy with Ford Corp....but mostly I've learned that most Ford dealers have little care for customer service. It's been shocking how my dealer and so many others that I've heard about in this forum, and others, provide zero communication and are NEVER going out of their way to serve. When I got my VIN this week I immediately texted my dealer with an "oh by the way".....so far not a peep back.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So does this mean that 2023 new orders should be for XLT model since they will be give priority to build over XL models because they are more profitable to Ford?

I would appreciate someone in the know commenting on my posting.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lose what place in line? That was a 22 line. That line has been dispersed. Nothing to see here.. move along!
So after waiting an entire year I have no higher priority than does someone who orders a '23 this week? Gee...thanks Ford for rewarding your patient and loyal customers. 😠

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Line? Line implies there is some kind of order.

We all know that there will be someone who ordered in August of 2021 who will still be waiting while someone who ordered the exact same build new for 2023 on the last day the order banks are open will get their order in 2 months. If there was actually a line, at least for customers, that wouldn't happen. The line, if it exists at all, is for dealers and it is based on sales volume not time of order.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Taco, ‘17 Escape, ‘08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered Oct 23, '21
Wait over a year
Lost my 0% financing
XL's will be produced at a much lower rate then other trims
Lose any priority over totally new '23 orders
Maybe someone from Ford can come kick me in the nuts a few times too
I wish there was a comparable vehicle

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had an almost identical experience with my dealer. This whole process has been quite a lesson. After waiting more than a year on my order, I've had days that I've been unhappy with Ford Corp....but mostly I've learned that most Ford dealers have little care for customer service. It's been shocking how my dealer and so many others that I've heard about in this forum, and others, provide zero communication and are NEVER going out of their way to serve. When I got my VIN this week I immediately texted my dealer with an "oh by the way".....so far not a peep back.
This is what happens you are the only game in town. Small truck in the sub 20k- 30k range with thjis type of gas mileage. Find another truck and yes the Santa Cruz doesn't compare on the mileage. First competitor that gets something out there that can deliver in a faster time frame will drop these Maverick sales big time. It will also force a change in the customer service since now they have to win you over not just deliver a winning product regardless of who the you is.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Hyundai, (or Toyota, or Subaru, or Chevy, or ?) we're smart they'd be working hard to get a comparable hybrid pickup on the market at a competitive price. The Maverick has proven there's a demand for this niche, but Ford has been unable to deliver. (And their communication and organization just sucks!)

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I am getting out of all this is that the dealer still makes or breaks the experience. They have the power to prioritize '22 orders over '23 but that's only if they want to. Not to mention the larger dealers get more allocations.

Glad I have an order in at Granger. Long McArthur is another great pick.
Sponsored