Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Back to the original point of this thread. To get me to buy I would need:

Plug in hybrid

Steel wheels

Keyless entry

I would want:

All wheel drive, but could live without it

Heated seats. Because once you've had them you can't go back.

Metallic green paint like you could get on the old Maverick sedan.

Old Ranchero

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
1 blind spot in the plug in concept- not everyone has a garage! Where I live in rural SW most residences don't have garages so no place to install your charger and running utilities isn't cheap either.

Reactions: Doc

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
1 blind spot in the plug in concept- not everyone has a garage! Where I live in rural SW most residences don't have garages so no place to install your charger and running utilities isn't cheap either.
A fair point. I live in Montana and electricity is cheap. Plus given the Winters (I got snowed on this morning walking the dog) garages are more the norm. But Level One charging, which is really all you need for a plug in hybrid, just takes an ordinary 110 outlet. That means all you really need is an extension cord that can reach your parking spot. Which is still problematic if you don't have a driveway, or live in an apartment building. I work in a building that is commercial on the first floor and residential in the two upper floors. Got to work one day and there was an extension cord leading out of the residential entrance down the sidewalk and around the corner to a Tesla. That would take forever to chaarge on a Level One charger. You are correct though, a plug in hybrid is not for everyone.