Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
the spare is just the regular full size…doesn’t look like there would be enough room for the larger ones.
37AF2A5A-62C5-40BA-AD85-818E24153FA3.jpeg
444A0F2D-048F-49BD-9B52-C1F7F8E60675.jpeg
It appears to be about 29” I was guessing 31“ shouldn’t have any problem. Did you measure the width?
Thank you- how do you like the ride& cornering?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did notice one thing I hadn’t seen mentioned anywhere. The brake-hold when you come to a stop is automatic. Once you come to a complete stop you can lift your foot off the brake and it stays in place. On our GLE you have to activate that by pushing the brake pedal further down after you stop…doing that in the Mav cancels the brake-hold.
Mercedes and Porsche both have brake hold that works this way, and in my opinion, this is the correct way. It is always active (no button to turn it on) and it is a natural thing. The whole having to turn it on with a button, then it activating every single time is annoying, and I won't use it.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would really like to know if there is any rubbing at full lock as well... According to Ford engineers on for the Bronco Sport, 30.5" is the maximum tire diameter that will fit. Of course this is still quite vague as width, offset, and tread style will all play a part in any potential rubbing. From what found on the rims, they should have a 30mm offset which isn't drastically different then stock (roughly 3/8" farther out then stock).

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ohhh niiice. Is that a vinyl overlay on the emblems?

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Purchased like that. I went to look at a bone stock XL and saw this one in the showroom and had to have it. Symbolic Kustomz out of Joliet did the appearance package on it.
I thought we were pushing it with 245s, but your set up took it to another level. Amazing! Looks aggressive.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mercedes and Porsche both have brake hold that works this way, and in my opinion, this is the correct way. It is always active (no button to turn it on) and it is a natural thing. The whole having to turn it on with a button, then it activating every single time is annoying, and I won't use it.
There is no natural way, its a machine, lol!

The advantage of having to activate brake hold, is that you would only use it for long stops, and can otherwise more easily inch forward or backward without having to press on the gas which takes your foot off the brake. Another annoyance with brake hold is that it can create more of a jerk and/or audible pop or click every time its disengaged with throttle, and so would be less smooth and organic than regular torque converter creep when off brake.

The question is would you end up pressing it more often to hold it at say a red light, or more often pressing it to turn it off such as when you're parking at work or back home in the garage and want to be able to inch with your foot either lightly dragging the brake or at least hovering over it.

The correct solution IMO is to simply have a menu item that allows you to toggle between brake hold always start on and off. Simple and everyone is happy.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Digging the graphics package and wheels style. Nice. (y)

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would really like to know if there is any rubbing at full lock as well... According to Ford engineers on for the Bronco Sport, 30.5" is the maximum tire diameter that will fit. Of course this is still quite vague as width, offset, and tread style will all play a part in any potential rubbing. From what found on the rims, they should have a 30mm offset which isn't drastically different then stock (roughly 3/8" farther out then stock).
Not correct. Little more then 3/4” for rim only cause those wheels are 18x8. Including tires I’m sure it’s atleast an inch further out then stock.

Last edited:

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not correct. Little more then 3/4” for rim only cause those wheels are 18x8. Including tires I’m sure it’s atleast an inch further out then stock.
Offset is measured out from the center of the rim. So 30mm on an 8” rim is the same as 30mm on a 7” rim in terms of tire width centerline. The rim lip will farther out on an 8” for sure but the centerline of the tire width is only about 3/8” farther out then stock offset.

Sponsored

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Just picked this one up…still have my Rapid Red Lariat AWD on order but couldn’t resist this one…

Tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T 265/60R18
18" wheels are Black Rhino Arches in Matte Black

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 3.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 2.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 6.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 5.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 7.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 1.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick XL Falken Wildpeak AT 265:60R18 + 18%22 Black Rhino Arches Wheels 4.jpg
Nice setup. What’s the wheel specs.?

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Offset is measured out from the center of the rim. So 30mm on an 8” rim is the same as 30mm on a 7” rim in terms of tire width centerline. The rim lip will farther out on an 8” for sure but the centerline of the tire width is only about 3/8” farther out then stock offset.
Yes offset is measured the same but a change in width will make the wheel fit different. So yes the offset on this wheel isn’t a big change but that combined with the width change puts the edge of the rim 20mm further out then stock or a little more then 3/4”.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats that looks awesome. This is my favorite Mav setup so far.

OP
OP
SantaStephen

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve put a message in to the shop that did the work, Symbolic Kustomz out of Joliet, to see if they can give me a more itemized summary of what they did.

glohworm

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a Chicagoland resident, it's been my concern from the getgo that I'd be saddled with a B-Truck license plate. I checked Illinois laws and regs and read that as long as the majority of space was devoted to passengers, a regular license plate was in order. For those unfamiliar with Chicago law, you cannot park on the streets with B plates. How did Santa get those plates? Bummer.
Sponsored