First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good information. I was hoping for better visibility for those double left turn lanes but I guess it's not there. His errors are troubling because it raises doubts about his attention to detail but the interior views were helpful for buyers with children.
Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like this video was crafted just for me. The Maverick they're reviewing is my exact build down to the lux and 360 packages, rear sliding window, and color. I also have a young child that needs a carseat. Other than the usual youtube review/influencer annoying spiel (how many times to they have to keep asking us to post what we think in the comments?), it's a solid review that brings both pros and cons for me.
I felt pretty similar. My boys are older, 10 and 11, but my partner is the same height as Evie.

Also, I've been patiently waiting to see the hybrid drive reviews. This one makes me feel better about my choice, even if I'm still wondering if I will get mine before Ford opens ordering for the 2023 model year next June.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I felt pretty similar. My boys are older, 10 and 11, but my partner is the same height as Evie.

Also, I've been patiently waiting to see the hybrid drive reviews. This one makes me feel better about my choice, even if I'm still wondering if I will get mine before Ford opens ordering for the 2023 model year next June.
My wife is around the same height as well (5' 3"). My son is young (9 months as of now), but the car seat will be a thing for a good long while.

I see that you and I ordered around the same time. Best of luck on getting that build date! I have a feeling we'll get our dates in the coming weeks.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good information. I was hoping for better visibility for those double left turn lanes but I guess it's not there. His errors are troubling because it raises doubts about his attention to detail but the interior views were helpful for buyers with children.
I have similar visibility issues with my Insight. Having the Lariat Lux on order, I hope the proximity alerts help make up for some of that, but, as Evie said, those sensors don't help very much with winding roads and odd-angle rural 1 and 2-way-stop intersections.

One leg-up the higher trim Santa Cruz has over the Lariat Maverick is the "360-view" camera system. ...buuut, I'm not sure it's worth an extra $5k and the loss of a 15 combined mpg.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
His reviews are usually based on experience more than just stats. Keep that in mind.

Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review, always nice to see some personal thoughts - and personality - in these. And can't wait for their windowless white van review!

Vrtso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Micah Muzio of KBB does his own YouTube series of reviews. He's fun to watch, and he brings his family along. His latest is on the Mav.

The main thing I've wanted to see with this is how it with kids (particularly car seats lol). This was very informative and shows how much room the kids have to move around, and myself when reaching over the seats to buckle them. Odd it's only been mentioned here (to my memory) that you have to fully remove the car seat to lift the seat. I have a foldable booster, so I was hoping I would not have to latch and unlatch each time 🥲

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just want to see real world MPG once the hybrid get to customers and some mild offroading and snow performance.

In his video he says he was getting 27.5 going "at low earth orbit speed and driving up a mountain". When he got in it read 36-37MPG.

Mr Truck two videos on his trip to and from SEMA. He was managing low to mid 30's going 75-80 MPH.
TLF Truck did the towing with 1800 LBS up IKE getting 11.1 to 11.2 MPG.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to use premium fuel to get the rated fuel economy numbers?? If so, it negates the hybrid savings. Not sure he is correct.
Not sure that applies to the hybrid, no matter what he said.
Sponsored