2025 4Runner for sale / release date?

ryan71098

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi S5
So hearing that the expected release date for the '25 4Runner is "Fall 2024", what exactly does that mean? I wonder if the truck will follow the same release schedule as the Tacoma (Non-hybrid first, then iForce MAX following, etc.)

Or, since the trucks are very similar, do you guys think the release will be a bit smoother with orders of all sorts coming in around the same time? My thinking is that Toyota has already received the various approvals regarding the powertrain and doesn't have to build any suspense around pricing & trims (We know it'll be somewhat similar to the Taco), so the rollout this Fall will be a bit smoother than we've seen with the Tacoma.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts!

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
My recent experience with LC roll out. The LC was delayed a bit, and was never clear on why. BUT, I suspect due to regulations. The final MPG number that rolled out was different then original, so I think USA regs slowed things down, and the Canada "launch" appear to be similar state, and I don't think they have any LCs yet.

So, it depends. Hopefully, this will be smoother if they've learned from the LC hybrid launch. I do hope they launch the hybrid trains closer together to the all gas models unlike what the Taco is experiencing.

Yes, I hear Fall launch too. But launching what? Which ones. I'm sure we're all on pins and needles to know.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well if the LC launch for Canada is any indication it will be calendar year 2025 before the 4Runner wheels touch our soil.
But I am so excited I just can't hide it. :geek:

Positronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prior 1st gen 4Runner Turbo
Very curious as to how this plays out as well, Hopefully we'll get further info on launch track, pricing, and full list of color selection sooner rather than later 🤔

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
For the LC, I called my local dealership last September and asked them. They said, yes they have created a list, and will take a refundable deposit to get into line. (I was then # 10 in line), the reveal was in August.

Last week, I contacted them again, and asked them to move my deposit from the LC to the 4runner with details on trim etc to follow. I was told "no problem, can do that".

Based on what I've seen on the LC forums. Suggest contacting a dealer sooner than later and asking if they have a list, and what it would take to get on it. In WA, non refundable deposits are not allowed by state law...but they appear to be allowed in other areas.

good luck!

STD67

First Name
Rutger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
For the LC, I called my local dealership last September and asked them. They said, yes they have created a list, and will take a refundable deposit to get into line. (I was then # 10 in line), the reveal was in August.

Last week, I contacted them again, and asked them to move my deposit from the LC to the 4runner with details on trim etc to follow. I was told "no problem, can do that".

Based on what I've seen on the LC forums. Suggest contacting a dealer sooner than later and asking if they have a list, and what it would take to get on it. In WA, non refundable deposits are not allowed by state law...but they appear to be allowed in other areas.

good luck!
Couple of questions. Hopefully not too forward but what kind of deposit was asked? Also, I'm assuming you chose the dealership that you had worked with in the past. Did they give you any assurance of potential markup? Thank you in advance

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
1000 refundable. From what I understand refundable is required in Wa state.
From what I’ve seen of them, No market up yet I pulled myself off the LC list to go 4R so not 100% sure
Local dealership, they seem to prefer selling to locals and have treated us well.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
So hearing that the expected release date for the '25 4Runner is "Fall 2024", what exactly does that mean? I wonder if the truck will follow the same release schedule as the Tacoma (Non-hybrid first, then iForce MAX following, etc.)

Or, since the trucks are very similar, do you guys think the release will be a bit smoother with orders of all sorts coming in around the same time? My thinking is that Toyota has already received the various approvals regarding the powertrain and doesn't have to build any suspense around pricing & trims (We know it'll be somewhat similar to the Taco), so the rollout this Fall will be a bit smoother than we've seen with the Tacoma.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts!
from @gastan’s post in another thread:

From the official Toyota press release:

"The 2025 4Runner will be built in Toyota Motor Corporation's Tahara plant in Japan and will arrive in the U.S. in the fall of 2024."

Fall of 2024 ends on December 20, 2024 so an arrival date at dealers in December is certainly possible. But I'm hoping it's closer to the start of Fall (September 22). 🤞

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
from @gastan’s post in another thread:

From the official Toyota press release:

"The 2025 4Runner will be built in Toyota Motor Corporation's Tahara plant in Japan and will arrive in the U.S. in the fall of 2024."

Fall of 2024 ends on December 20, 2024 so an arrival date at dealers in December is certainly possible. But I'm hoping it's closer to the start of Fall (September 22). 🤞
True