First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the same with ours, but since ours will all be highway we got General Grabber HTS 60 235 /65 R17 Raised White letter tires.
When it comes to trade in, they said they did not need any more of that size and would not be able even if the did to get what I could get, maybe between 250 to 300 for a set of tires with less than a hundred miles on them by selling them myself. But then the tech put the spoon right thru the sidewall of the first OEM tire he was taking off. They offered me $50 for that tire. I countered with "well, now I do not have a full set to sell and will probably not be able to sell them at all, so given it is your fault I don't have a full set, how about giving me $50 each for the other three also." They did. Got a $200.00 discount on my new tires!!!!
Ha! That worked out well!! After feeling the sidewall of those Continental tires when off the rim i was like how can these even be legal, I seriously have bicycle tires with thicker sidewalls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
40 psi for city, since that’s most of my driving. If I need to take a trip, I’ll air them down 37 psi to accommodate for friction heat, that raises the tire pressure.
That’s about what I was thinking, they put them at 36 which I thought was a bit low for XL tires. Thanks for confirming

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
My Maverick came with Michelin Primacy A/S tires, 225/60/18, are they good for mainly hard surface driving?

I've had Michelin tires before and didn't like them, they had the tendency to get flat either in the thread somewhere, or in the sidewall.

hurrah

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2012 Ford F250 6.7 2015 Ford XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know what Ford is thinking with its lousy Continental Tires. With the Maverick there isn't any negotiation room as just getting one is a miracle. However with both my F250 6.7 liter trucks part of the deal was they came with Michelon tires or they exchanged them before I drove it off the lot. Fortunately the Tremor comes with Falken tires which I like.

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put less than 80 miles on my new Maverick XLT Hybrid and went straight to the Tire Shop. Now rolling with Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17.

A nice middle ground between the stock size and the 245’s people are running. Truck feels safe and more solid on the road. Will work perfect for my daily driving needs and weekend adventures which will include “soft roading” hauling dirtbikes, and rooftop tent for camping.

As far as mpg I expect to take a small hit but so worth it for the feeling of confidence on the road. Only drove about 50 miles since new tires still averaging a bit over 40mpg around town. Ford should be ashamed of the stock Continental tires they put on these trucks. The sidewalls are thinner than a fruit roll up!

55EA2EE5-4C28-402E-B2F3-AE2D4B3159E2.jpeg
9C4F03F0-D4AB-49A3-A044-7CB5A5430E54.jpeg
You are correct about those Continental Tires! I had a set on my new Buick. Drove over a small hole in a cement drive and ripped open the sidewall. Only making about 10 mph at the time through a parking lot drive. They also don't hold on a wet road........slid all over the place when it was raining.

Sponsored

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exact tire I’m looking to put on my hybrid xlt if I ever get it back from service. How’s the road noise?

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking good! I hope to see you in the area. I’m the guy in the white XLT hybrid with a huge goofy smile and too many exterior accessories!
I’ll be looking for it ✔ Enjoy the ride !

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exact tire I’m looking to put on my hybrid xlt if I ever get it back from service. How’s the road noise?
[/QUOTE
Nothing noticeable to me

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll do the same to mine maybe later this year. Looks good! Discount tire nearby carries those. I had some Falken tires on my previous escape....got some OEM 19" factory wheels from a salvage yard wreck and needed tires so they hooked me up with a set of tires. I had about 10k miles on them when I traded it in for the maverick and they were good tires. Although the street tread variety. Id be interested to know mow much MPG you get with the all terrains.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks fantastic! 235s are the way to go on the hybrid!

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put less than 80 miles on my new Maverick XLT Hybrid and went straight to the Tire Shop. Now rolling with Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17.

A nice middle ground between the stock size and the 245’s people are running. Truck feels safe and more solid on the road. Will work perfect for my daily driving needs and weekend adventures which will include “soft roading” hauling dirtbikes, and rooftop tent for camping.

As far as mpg I expect to take a small hit but so worth it for the feeling of confidence on the road. Only drove about 50 miles since new tires still averaging a bit over 40mpg around town. Ford should be ashamed of the stock Continental tires they put on these trucks. The sidewalls are thinner than a fruit roll up!

I preferred this color but you know the saying: Happy wife, happy life, and she wanted white!

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes I agree with you 100% Ford should be shamed at themself for putting them on the Mavericks also Jeep should be ashamed of them also for put them on the Cherokee limited shame on both Chrysler and Ford 👎🤥 the Continentals are the crappiest tires that you can buy I wouldn't even put them on my bicycle. 🤔🤥👎 Did the same thing you did immediately got rid of them off my wife's Cherokee and also with my Maverick 😊👍. Put white racks on both of them I really like those tires a lot especially out in the boonies where we live in Tennessee. 😊🇺🇸👻. I truly believe I would have those crappy Continentals on this winter the ice and snow I would have been stuck several times but my Maverick and my wildtracks like the old saying Keep On Trucken ☃😊👍
Ford Maverick Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17 Tires Installed on Hybrid Maverick -- From Dealer to Tire Shop IMG_20221225_120403706
Ford Maverick Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17 Tires Installed on Hybrid Maverick -- From Dealer to Tire Shop IMG_20220807_120811_676_2
Ford Maverick Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17 Tires Installed on Hybrid Maverick -- From Dealer to Tire Shop IMG_20230131_150932437_HDR

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Maverick came with Michelin Primacy A/S tires, 225/60/18, are they good for mainly hard surface driving?

I've had Michelin tires before and didn't like them, they had the tendency to get flat either in the thread somewhere, or in the sidewall.
I don’t much about Michelin’s passenger car and SUV tires, but I know they make really good performance tires in their Pilot Sport line. I have a set of Pilot All-Season 4 on my VW Golf GTI and provides excellent grip in the wet. In contrast to the OEM tires when I bought the car, Bridgestone Potenza RE90, they were trash at 15k miles and downright scary to drive in heavy rain.

When I do get my Maverick, which probably will have the Pirelli Scorpions on the FX4, I’ll swap them out for the Falken Wildpeak. Had a couple sets of Pirelli tires on a previous car and they tend to get hard and noisy as they age.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Thx.... @Sounder206

I guess I'll just go with the Michelin for now and see how it'll behave. After all, they are 200+ bucks tire and should be a OK for the road. Any problems with them, I'll find some other tires that'll be more suitable for the purpose.
Sponsored