Factory Stickers

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
You mean the dealership stickers? Those I peel off as soon as I get back in the driveway. As well as removing their license plate frame. No free advertising from me. On my Mazda, they had to get the car from another dealership and we were just waiting for a detail and for them to put the sticker on. I told him save some time and don't bother. He told me it would void the purchase agreement if I took it off... lol

As far as factory badging, I leave all that on.

OP
OP
olderbudwiser

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mean the dealership stickers? Those I peel off as soon as I get back in the driveway. As well as removing their license plate frame. No free advertising from me. On my Mazda, they had to get the car from another dealership and we were just waiting for a detail and for them to put the sticker on. I told him save some time and don't bother. He told me it would void the purchase agreement if I took it off... lol

As far as factory badging, I leave all that on.
No factory stickers 4X4 or FX 2 or FX 4 or Sport. those come off ASAP. Just get in the way when waxing and personally not a good look. For me.

Some folks love um. Thats fine.

It's why there are so many brands of beer.:)

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always remove all stickers and adhesive back badging of any kind on any flat exterior surface for a cleaner look. I know what vehicle I'm driving and I don't care if someone else doesn't know the trim level or features of my vehicle. "We don't need no stinking badges!" I saved them for resale if they come off intact. I would not do this on a high-end or collectible vehicle, but this is just a cheap (but good) truck.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No dealership stickers for meā€¦ā€¦it has gotten worse over the years, tailgate rear window glass, license bracketā€¦..

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tell them when dealing with car ā€œI charge $50 a week for advertising, if no agreement donā€™t put ā€˜ā€˜em onā€. The Salesman for the Maverick said ā€œWe automatically put them onā€ I replied ā€œGreat, then they can be automatically taken off before deliveryā€ Problem solvedā€¦.

OP
OP
olderbudwiser

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tell them when dealing with car ā€œI charge $50 a week for advertising, if no agreement donā€™t put ā€˜ā€˜em onā€. The Salesman for the Maverick said ā€œWe automatically put them onā€ I replied ā€œGreat, then they can be automatically taken off before deliveryā€ Problem solvedā€¦.
I remind the salesperson good service is all the advertising you need.

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always remove all stickers and adhesive back badging of any kind on any flat exterior surface for a cleaner look. I know what vehicle I'm driving and I don't care if someone else doesn't know the trim level or features of my vehicle. "We don't need no stinking badges!" I saved them for resale if they come off intact. I would not do this on a high-end or collectible vehicle, but this is just a cheap (but good) truck.
Same here. I also tell them I'll "clean it up" myself. I'd rather skip the dirty rag, cheap soap, swipe down usually done by someone who doesn't even want to be there. Just me. If you don't agree ain't no prob.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No factory stickers 4X4 or FX 2 or FX 4 or Sport. those come off ASAP. Just get in the way when waxing and personally not a good look. For me.

Some folks love um. Thats fine.

It's why there are so many brands of beer.:)
And different types of PIZZA~!

Sponsored

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
I find they always put them on off-centered or unlevel, which is a distraction to me. To them it's a way to stand out so folks remember their name.

I requested not to have their name or logo put on my truck before delivery. The only thing I had was the license plate logo until I plate it, then that gets tossed.

I like a clean look, if there was a way I could get rid of the Maverick stamped into the tailgate, I would do that too. The Ford logos are a pain too! But I could cover or replace them.

Plus, If some Karen called the cops on me, all she could tell them that is was a small black truck, maybe a Rangeline or something.

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please forgive my ignorance but how do you get the dealer stickers off? Heat gun?

OP
OP
olderbudwiser

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please forgive my ignorance but how do you get the dealer stickers off? Heat gun?
If vehicle is fresh. Normally just start at a sharp corner and peel slowly.

If you have had vehicle for some time or used vehicle a hair dryer might be safer than a heat gun.

Just to be sure are you speaking of dealer name stickers either vinyl or hard plastic? Hard plastic very light fishing line can be used.

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like stated, new usually peel easily and almost any wax/synthetic will remove residue. I use an old credit card/or similar to start peel(short fingernails). Single sticker not bad, individual letters more work but easily done. Dental floss is also great for removing plastic badges etc.(If u don't fish). Fabric softener sheet(any brand) is great for removing residue, tar, bugs, etc. Just wet the sheet and wipe.

Last edited:

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks all šŸ‘
Sponsored