First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious how much light is coming thru the back windows ......would love to have front doors match but if state does not allow will live with it
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m having mine done tomorrow. They told me 20%. We will see how it looks.
its illegal in my state too, especially the windshield. UNLESS you have a prescription šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‡
This will be my first vehicle with the windshield done

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the majority of states allow around 30ish% for driver/passenger windows. I wonder if youā€™d be able to tell the difference between a 23 and 30% unless you were really looking for it?
Michigan state troopers are ruthless. They will give you a ticket and make you go to their HQ for an official test with one of their meters. My ex wife was pulled over twice in a week for tinted windows by troopers.

Sponsored

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
I think the majority of states allow around 30ish% for driver/passenger windows. I wonder if youā€™d be able to tell the difference between a 23 and 30% unless you were really looking for it?
Very good friend of mine thatā€™s is NC state police said they wonā€™t care but when I get it inspected they might say something.

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
Bumping... looking to get my front windows and windshield tinted to match, has anyone else had theirs done and know %? Seems like 20-23% range thus far. I'm assuming, in addition, it also depends on the tint film material/brand being applied to a degree as far as matching %?

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Michigan state troopers are ruthless. They will give you a ticket and make you go to their HQ for an official test with one of their meters. My ex wife was pulled over twice in a week for tinted windows by troopers.
Well that sucks. I live in Michigan too, and I've had my side windows and baklite tinted. Where was she when the asshat pulled her over? Ticket or warning?

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tint place said itā€™s 23%. So I matched my front windows to that.
My tint place said 18%, so he matched that on the front sides, and added a layer of 18% to the rear. Looks great. I doubt I could tell the difference between 18% and 23%. $50/window.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well that sucks. I live in Michigan too, and I've had my side windows and baklite tinted. Where was she when the asshat pulled her over? Ticket or warning?
Troopers on telegraph 2 times tickets but said they take it away if proof of removal within 30 days.
another trooper closer to home while she was under the 30 days to Get it fixed so that was just a warning.
it was a silver car so I think they appeared even darker

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bumping... looking to get my front windows and windshield tinted to match, has anyone else had theirs done and know %? Seems like 20-23% range thus far. I'm assuming, in addition, it also depends on the tint film material/brand being applied to a degree as far as matching %?
You can have a strip of tinting on the windshield as I did in Texas but not the entire windshield. Tinting goes by legal limits. The shops doing the tinting know the limits.
Sponsored