Factory integration stereo wiring harnesses

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
For those looking to add amps to their systems without cutting/tapping the factory harness, I’ve found a few different options. I can confirm that any new style 32 pin square connector for a non amplified/non B&O 6 speaker system will work (example the bronco sport).

I got my hands on a “naked” DIY loopback harness from LLJ CUSTOMS…. Their site is a tad confusing but they have a few different options from a naked harness to a fully wired harness with LCAs, amps, etc…. For anything custom there’s a decent lead time, for the naked DIY harness it got here within about a week. I was able to test it last night where I did temporary connections reconnecting the speaker leads to themselves and twisting off my leads for the hideaway and everything functioned (it’s a pretty tight fit adding this behind the head unit). (Credit to @Red Ryder for being the first with a picture of the actual harness).. it’s $60 for the basic loopback harness and prices work their way up.

Another option is PLUGANDPLAYKITS (whom llj customs claims stole their patented designs). They also have a wide range of options to have them fully wire up and have ready to go. I ordered kit #16 with a kicker key 200.4 and an lc2iPro. I’ve been having some issues with the high level connection on my hideaway (even tried a 2nd unit thinking it might be the hideaway) and decided to change everything to low level. An lc2iPro and key would run me $400…. The kit with it all wired up and ready to go costs you $530…. So it’s basically $70 more than buying the naked harness amp and lca separately and running the speed wire and wrapping on Tessa tape etc…. I’ll follow back up with review once I have it in the next week or so.
***2/7/22 update - so I ordered on Friday (2/4) and Joe called me personally today to let me know it was being boxed up and shipped out today - he’ll likely be adding a maverick specific option in the near future (even though the bronco kit is the same, which he checked into double verified after seeing my note attached to my order).

last one I found is SOUNDSGOODSTEREO which is the priciest of the 3 not offering a DIY harness…. Their wired and wrapped loopback harness is $245 and $275 with RCA tips. In the questions section of that link page above, you’ll see my question I asked with their answer.

figured I’d put all of these in the same place, as I know some were waiting (or hoping to have available when they got their trucks)until harnesses were available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figured I’d put all of these in the same place, as I know some were waiting (or hoping to have available when they got their trucks)until harnesses were available.
Thanks for putting all of this together, especially with the additional options.

One thing I will add is that LLJ Customs had the bare harness for $55 and they sell the LC2i Pro (without the remote) for $100. I went that way as the Hideaway already has a Bass Knob and I didn't need both. Normally the LC2i Pro is ~$130 and includes the Bass Knob attenuator.

OP
OP
BootXL76

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Thanks for putting all of this together, especially with the additional options.

One thing I will add is that LLJ Customs had the bare harness for $55 and they sell the LC2i Pro (without the remote) for $100. I went that way as the Hideaway already has a Bass Knob and I didn't need both. Normally the LC2i Pro is ~$130 and includes the Bass Knob attenuator.
Oh nice, didn’t realize they had the Pro that cheap, but yeah I put $60 cuz you’ll have to pay for shipping and couldn’t remember exactly what that cost was

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh nice, didn’t realize that had the Pro so cheap, but yeah I put $60 cuz you’ll have to pay for shipping and couldn’t remember exactly what that cost was
No, I wasn't arguing the $5 difference, I just through for our purposes, that for $155, it worked out well to get the harness and LC2i Pro (sans remote). Especially since one wouldn't need the redundant remote if using the Hideaway.
My Mav has been delay several more months, I think I'm going to pack away my audio stuff from the workbench and clear my head. Looking forward to seeing your progress on yours.

OP
OP
BootXL76

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Quick update: added a note in OP about plug and play kits…. Joe, the owner, called me personally today to address my note “that I was pretty sure the bronco harness works for the maverick, but if they could verify” and to let me know it was shipping out today…. Super nice guy
The harnesses (as well as the ones from aoindsgoodstereo) have resistors wired in (part of why I decided to just go pre-wired)
2/10 update
Joe added a listing for the maverick…. Link in the OP has been updated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this. These harnesses will come very much in handy for other projects....
Sync 4

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my hands on a “naked” DIY loopback harness from LLJ CUSTOMS…. Their site is a tad confusing but they have a few different options from a naked harness to a fully wired harness with LCAs, amps, etc…. For anything custom there’s a decent lead time, for the naked DIY harness it got here within about a week. I was able to test it last night where I did temporary connections reconnecting the speaker leads to themselves and twisting off my leads for the hideaway and everything functioned (it’s a pretty tight fit adding this behind the head unit). (Credit to @Red Ryder for being the first with a picture of the actual harness).. it’s $60 for the basic loopback harness and prices work their way up.
Just wondering if you verified the LLJ Customs harness vs. their included card regarding pinout and polarity?

There has been some conflicting info regarding the Maverick's pinout and polarity. Thanks!

OP
OP
BootXL76

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Just wondering if you verified the LLJ Customs harness vs. their included card regarding pinout and polarity?

There has been some conflicting info regarding the Maverick's pinout and polarity. Thanks!
The card matches up with the pin outs from the ACM module…. As for polarity I couldn’t find my o scope, dmm, or any stuff like that since we moved so I finally ordered new ones
As for the “shared ground” on the rears, I’m feeling like that’s not accurate…. There’s a separate negative lead for each rear channel, I think the issue some have had is that channel isn’t full range from the factory signal (inline resistors, etc…)

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the links, will save me a lot of time. What about load resistors? Are those needed for the base system? I've never had to use them in prior builds...

OP
OP
BootXL76

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Thanks for the links, will save me a lot of time. What about load resistors? Are those needed for the base system? I've never had to use them in prior builds...
I’ve never had to use them either but apparently these newest systems “should” have them…. I know that plugnplay kits and sounds good build them in, not sure if LLJ does on his fully wired/wrapped setups (but depending on the amps/LOCs/etc that you’re using, they have them integrated into the amp/unit so you don’t necessarily need them)

Sponsored

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're right @BootXL76 that site is confusing, haha. Any idea what harness I would need if i plan to power a small powered sub? I plan to only replace the speakers but use the stock head unit to power them. I would only need the hi-levels and run them to the back seat where I plan to mount the amp. Any idea if they have one that "splits off" the line levels so that I can extend them to the amp? Thanks for sharing all the options you've looked into!

OP
OP
BootXL76

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
You're right @BootXL76 that site is confusing, haha. Any idea what harness I would need if i plan to power a small powered sub? I plan to only replace the speakers but use the stock head unit to power them. I would only need the hi-levels and run them to the back seat where I plan to mount the amp. Any idea if they have one that "splits off" the line levels so that I can extend them to the amp? Thanks for sharing all the options you've looked into!
Do you already have the powered subwoofer or know which you’re planning on? Reason I ask is you can order them from one of these guys and basically have it wired up plug and play (just have to run them to your amp/sub location along with your power ground)

That said Kit 6 would give you what you need if running behind the back seat…. If you’re mounting an underseat sub under either the front deiver or passenger seats, kit 5 would work for that

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to say, I ordered kit 17 (Key 200.4, LC2i pro, 17ft harness) and it was excellent quality. Even with the 17ft harness though, the connectors for the kicker key still end up in the glove box area. No other place to really put it. I expected it to run all the way to the back with the LC2i, but it sits pretty perfect behind the glove box so no real complaint here.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to say, I ordered kit 17 (Key 200.4, LC2i pro, 17ft harness) and it was excellent quality. Even with the 17ft harness though, the connectors for the kicker key still end up in the glove box area. No other place to really put it. I expected it to run all the way to the back with the LC2i, but it sits pretty perfect behind the glove box so no real complaint here.
Did you mount both the LC2i Pro and the Key 200.4 in the same locations as BootXL76?

Today's mission for me is to sort out the mounting locations for the Key and LC2i-p. Thought I would get as much input and ideas as possible. I did plug the lljcustoms harness in and verify polarity and power on the leads. Since the LC2i Pro only draws 200mA, I think I will power it from the harness and use the LC2i-p's internal load resistors, although I have no ideas which setting is correct for Ford HU.
On Wednesday, I installed the Morel Maximo woofers in the door and applied a bunch of Killmat. You guys are right about the door sound (front vs. rear) after deadening.

Ken Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, maverick asap
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I tried to order the bare harness listed at $40 but when I go to pay the price changes to $75. I tried to message the site but no response in 5 days.

Ford Maverick Factory integration stereo wiring harnesses Screenshot_20220324-094847_Outlook

Ford Maverick Factory integration stereo wiring harnesses Screenshot_20220324-095006_Outlook
Sponsored